When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The UGLIEST GENUINE Panerai

V

Well let's see what model you think is the most ugly GENUINE.. I repeat GENUINE Panerai.. because we have seen the most horrible reps..

Plus you can rule out the Diamond models because we know they are ugly.

From the rest, for me those 3 are the ugliest.

The winner 'La Bomba' PAM 064. Extremelly thick, ugly bezel, ugly silver subdial, and small dial. I know MANY will disagree but I really don;t like it AT ALL.

82276-30131.jpg

Second the PAM 88... Too busy with the GMT hand in a bad way, hate the silver subdials and generally don;t like it

82276-30132.jpg

THird must be this GMT Alarm something... :yuk:

82276-30133.jpg

Well let's see what model you think is the most ugly GENUINE.. I repeat GENUINE Panerai.. because we have seen the most horrible reps..

Plus you can rule out the Diamond models because we know they are ugly.

From the rest, for me those 3 are the ugliest.

The winner 'La Bomba' PAM 064. Extremelly thick, ugly bezel, ugly silver subdial, and small dial. I know MANY will disagree but I really don;t like it AT ALL.

82311-30124.jpg

Second the PAM 88... Too busy with the GMT hand in a bad way, hate the silver subdials and generally don;t like it

82311-30125.jpg

THird must be this GMT Alarm something... :yuk:

82311-30126.jpg

At the risk of having my hat handed to me here, I'll state an opinion I have voiced before. Ugliest PAM? Isnt that a redundant question? To me, these watches have no aesthetics. There's nothing subtle or interesting about them. They look like they were designed by a bunch of Navy Seals in a bar one night. I guess a military watch combined with celebrity patronage has given these watches a passionate following but I just don't see the appeal. They were designed out a desire for complete practical function, huge, readable and bulletproof. Similarly, so was the Humvee. Although the commercial version of that vehicle enjoys a similar cult status thanks to Governor Arnold's patronage, it is just too plain ugly and impractical for mass market appeal. Not to disrespect afficianados of Panerai, there are certainly enough passionate fans of this watch to make it a well known and top selling replica but just like the Hummer, I don't think people are on the fence about them when they see one. It's either love at first site or "What the hell is that ugly thing?" :rolleyes:

Similarly, so was the Humvee.

...and just like the Hummer, modern PAMs are also based on classy Italian design while missing the mark equally as well.

(The Hum-Vee was ripped off the Lamborghini off-roader concept, in case you didn't know.)

My vote is with many on this. The ENTIRE submersible thing is absolutley disgusting it looks like a fu**ed up attempt at a duplo watch, horrible.

Also the contrasting dial/subdial thing is also disgusting whether they happen to be white or silver, I don't like it, Black subdials on a black watch for me.

And the ferrari range is god awful.

Guest overboosted

So many differing opinions.

I like to hear this stuff.

For me the Submerssibles are all pretty ugly. With the fames 187 being the worst :ph34r:

And I like the 88, wish they would rep it. I am not a fan of radomir chronos either, or the whole radomir line in general. Not a huge fan of the case style.

The ferrari models are pretty swell in my eyes. And so are the Panda models. I really like the gen 163. Photographed right its a stunner.

At the risk of having my hat handed to me here, I'll state an opinion I have voiced before. Ugliest PAM? Isnt that a redundant question? To me, these watches have no aesthetics. There's nothing subtle or interesting about them. They look like they were designed by a bunch of Navy Seals in a bar one night. I guess a military watch combined with celebrity patronage has given these watches a passionate following but I just don't see the appeal. They were designed out a desire for complete practical function, huge, readable and bulletproof. Similarly, so was the Humvee. Although the commercial version of that vehicle enjoys a similar cult status thanks to Governor Arnold's patronage, it is just too plain ugly and impractical for mass market appeal. Not to disrespect afficianados of Panerai, there are certainly enough passionate fans of this watch to make it a well known and top selling replica but just like the Hummer, I don't think people are on the fence about them when they see one. It's either love at first site or "What the hell is that ugly thing?" :rolleyes:

Hey I drive a Hummer

I'd vote for the 088. If you look at the dial carefully, you would want to ask, why is that sub dial there.

For the seconds of course!

The rest of the models, I can swallow.

I'm the opposite - I like the 088 more than the two others.

Edited by GhostfaceZX

I agree with all the 3 horrible looking watches...

anyway ...Birdman...this is just a question from a downunder people...how much actually it cost for Hummer over there in USA ...brand new and 2nd hand ??

curious..I like it :D

Mine is an H3 and set me back 36,000. We live in Hurricane alley so it is great for going over trees in the road and will forge 2 feet of water.