When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Whats the point of buying a replica?

slay

I was just browsing the Web and compared the prices of Replica shoes/clothing, electronics etc. It does not go into my head how anyone would spend 130$ on a fake iPod Nano if you can get the real deal for 149 from apple (and Probably for 120 on eBay). I mean those fake iPods arnt even close...

[*]Fake Nikes f

Edited by slay

True, slay, true.

I purchased a fake Prada dress shirt for $45 thinking I had beat the system... well a while ago I went to a local fancy clothing store and whaddya know same gen Prada on sale for $65 dollar a piece... I felt so [censored] off... didn't buy any either, because the store was filled with .... don't want to offend anyone... let's just say I did'n want to get hit on buy the guy behind the cash register.

You CAN get a good Mont Blanc pen for $10... so far the best I've seen is the Imperial Dragon: surprisingly good gold...

The stuff we buy is under huge mark up you see. The same $80 Mont Blanc pen we buy here you can buy in the GZ market probably for $2... same with everything else, watches included.

What really gets me is woman's bags. Upwards of $200 for a knock off LV or hermes or Gucci or Meow Meow etc. Are you kidding?? For the same amount she can get a genuine high quality bag from Banana Republic or whatever it is. Suits... there's another fun one. $150+ for a fake Armani that has all the right labeling but looks so goofy with the ENORMOUS foam shoulder pads like 1980s. For the same amount you can go to a suit store and buy one that actually fits and looks good. As for style? I betcha you would never even know the difference.

Buying a fake cell phone for $500 is just the pinnacle of stupid, though. You can get an excellent cell phone from a STORE at that price but it will come with warrantee and, you know, given the programming is genuine it will actually connect to your computer and work how it is supposed to work.

Its the chinese copy of the blu-ray disc ;)

Funny, but I was always under the misapprehension that if you're going to make a copy of a disc, it should really be, you know, a disc. I guess I have a lot to learn about the whys and wherefores of the Chinese electronic rep industry.

And I did actually purchase a couple of fake iPod nanos for about $20. They're very, very basic MP3 players that look like a Nano. Software is totally different. They may be the biggest pieces of garbage I've ever bought. Sure, it's only $20, but for $20, you'd think you could get the thing to actually charge. Well, you'd be wrong.

You CAN get a good Mont Blanc pen for $10... so far the best I've seen is the Imperial Dragon: surprisingly good gold...

I'd like to see that... my experience so far: the ink cartridges SUCK monkey balls, you cant use gen refills, the plating wears off, the materials wears off and brass is visible, overall look&feel is cheap

I also dont know why anyone would pay 45$ for a fake shirt. I can get very very nice&handsom shirts, MADE IN GERMANY for that price, and those are higher quality than any Armani, D&G, Hermes or Versace!

You're also so true about what you said about suits. I have never seen/worn a replica suit, so I can't comment, but I have some "Made in Germany" suits for 200$ and they look and feel as expensive as any genuine 1500$ Armani suit. The Chinese junk is soo overpriced, thos suits are maybe worth 5$ in China!

Edited by slay

I agree, a replica needs to be near authentic appearance or it's pointless, especially if the price is pretty close in line with the genuine article - the price must be considerably more affordable than a gen. The reps I've bought are anywhere from 10% down to 3-5% the cost of gen - and the inverse percentage in accuracy - 90-95% in my opinion. That's an acceptable ratio.

Might get myself a nice suit in Thailand next week - unbranded :p

Very worthwhile. I did it and got a decent suit. The cuts are a little oriental in their style, but if you like how the mooks in John Woo movies dress, you will like the suits. :)

As for Mont Blanc, I used gen refils in my rep without a problem. It's like putting an ETA in a Breitling rep: functionally identical.

Having said all that, I agree for the most part with Slay.

Might get myself a nice suit in Thailand next week - unbranded :p

MB pens suck, rep shirts suck, fake ipods suck, fake wallet suck... oh yes... Duponts are nice :)

I had all of this stuff... addiction ....anyway... stick to watches and to only the good ones and you have a nice hobby :)

If you're talkin about a tailor made suit, that one is probably going to be worth it (but make sure you dont get the cheapest one!). I mean I dont think a Thai Tailor is in any way inferrior to a german, british or an italian tailor.

The Duponts are nice... BUT they are not perfect. You need lots of frankenparts to make it good! Some lighter also leak gas. I didnt have such a good experience with them!

But hey, those lighters were only 35$! That nowhere near the genuine article!

Oh yes you have!!!!!!

I was wearing one in brussels

Hmm, really? I think I may remeber we talked about it a bit, but I dont remember how it looked an felt B)

I admire girls... my girlfriend still knows what exactly I was wearing when we met :D

Very worthwhile. I did it and got a decent suit. The cuts are a little oriental in their style, but if you like how the mooks in John Woo movies dress, you will like the suits. :)

As for Mont Blanc, I used gen refils in my rep without a problem. It's like putting an ETA in a Breitling rep: functionally identical.

Having said all that, I agree for the most part with Slay.

Then yours must be one of the better kind. I would get a genuine Pen, but I fear I will lose it!

I agree, I have bought a bunch of rep clothing on ebay. Probably $500-700 worth. It is all bs. I threw away a bunch, the rest is in the closet somewhere. I am only wearing three A&F polos from ebay. They are. I have gen hollister shirts and the quality of Hollistes is awesome.

The same with dress shirts. Just last week I bought 4 dress shirts for work. $180 each. These are top quality shirts from Hong Kong (?!). My local dealer who sells authentic shirts made in germany and france recomended me these essentially chinese shirts as the best. And I love them.

I have a bunch of gen, but cheap shirts that I got for $40-60. They are crap. What a waste of $$. In the long term the generic expensive shirts last longer and always look great.

Question is: what am I doing here, seriously considering buying a fake watch??? lol...

one thing we haven't brought up is Fake sports jerseys

authentic football jerseys start at 100 and are usually in the 2 to 300 range

depending on the popularity of the player - you can get them from 25$ to 60$ stitched letters, logos - excellent material with brand new tags

I understand on the streets in south korea same jerseys are like 10 bucks

But there is a south korean jersey market and a chinese market

I have, at least a dozen football jerseys - college, pro, home away, yadda - - i usually average about 25-35 per - and they are freakin awesome

They even do customization now so, the jersey is like 50 bucks and for another 10 they will put your name and number on it. :)

i have to agree....I don't understand for instance someone

dishing out $200 for a rep speedy bag when the real deal is $600.

I get it for the for $1800 ++ bags...

if you're thing is armani or versace suits...you can find some nice stuff at Off 5th or Neiman Marcus 'last call' at

way below retail...

i've found some treasures at the Burberry outlets....one was this amazing light fall coat retailed for $1500 for $199..

i have yet ventured into rep clothing and i don't think i will...i'll stick to watches....

ON A SIDE NOTE:

My brother just got in from South Korea 2 nights ago and he picked up a bunch of rep bags because

I wanted to see the quality...I'm shocked at the quality...

I've tried various dealers for rep bags/purses from the triad of forums, but my lady hated every single one...

She has a gen LV Griet (monogram) & gen Damier Azur Speedy...we were comparing the stuff he brought, and its

pretty sick how good this stuff is from there...Particularly his Damier messenger bag...

one thing we haven't brought up is Fake sports jerseys

authentic football jerseys start at 100 and are usually in the 2 to 300 range

depending on the popularity of the player - you can get them from 25$ to 60$ stitched letters, logos - excellent material with brand new tags

I understand on the streets in south korea same jerseys are like 10 bucks

But there is a south korean jersey market and a chinese market

I have, at least a dozen football jerseys - college, pro, home away, yadda - - i usually average about 25-35 per - and they are freakin awesome

They even do customization now so, the jersey is like 50 bucks and for another 10 they will put your name and number on it. :)

I never understood why those real jerseys are so expensive in the US... I was gonna buy one last year as a souvenir from Boston, but 150$? No thanks!

I never understood why those real jerseys are so expensive in the US... I was gonna buy one last year as a souvenir from Boston, but 150$? No thanks!

they charge those prices, because they can - just like rolex - although finding stitched anything is a premium

which ever one you like - just buy it now :) search world wide - 25-50 bucks ;)

I get nike shox for 45$ SHIPPED EMS exact same shoes cost 225+++$ at all shoe stores where i live.

And they are good quality.

Also i pay 10$ each for RL sweats that are also good quality.

Its about have good your connections is mr slay, if you get ripped of yeah i woud not like to buy fake nikes for 70$ and i don't ;)

Cell phones,ipod generics i never buy so can't comment on that marked.

Personally I find comments about quality from people who have not bought them rather amusing, my review section is jam packed with claims of near authentic quality from my customers.

Those that do, know

Those that don't, criticize

Ken