When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Skyland Dial Colours - Popularity of Grey

cornerstone

Any dial colour would be a fantastic choice. Try to find a dealer who can send you pictures first, just to check the lume dots. Then pick the neatest dial and you will not regret it B)

Precious-Time, TomHighway and EuroTimez should all be able to send pictures of the watch first :)(if they have stock in hand)

Precious-Time, TomHighway and EuroTimez should all be able to send pictures of the watch first :)(if they have stock in hand)

That's a great tip - much appreciated.

I love the 'look' of blue dial watches because they look awesome with the steel - and yet on the wrist they're never quite the same. Weird.

The grey seems to look brilliant with the brown leather strap looking at Breitling's website.

I'm just interested that the consensus seems to be so overwhelmingly for the grey.

That's a great tip - much appreciated.

I love the 'look' of blue dial watches because they look awesome with the steel - and yet on the wrist they're never quite the same. Weird.

The grey seems to look brilliant with the brown leather strap looking at Breitling's website.

I'm just interested that the consensus seems to be so overwhelmingly for the grey.

i have tons of blue and some black - grey just is different - plus the grey with brown strap looks awesome -

i ordered one from HKtan so it looks like timepiece's version

IMG_5291.jpg

i think thats the shiznit

more photos http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showto...l=skyland+hktan

i have tons of blue and some black - grey just is different - plus the grey with brown strap looks awesome -

i ordered one from HKtan so it looks like timepiece's version

i think thats the shiznit

It is the shiznit! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

How much is the HKtan strap?

I'm not feeling a big tidal wave against grey here by the way :p

It is the shiznit! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

How much is the HKtan strap?

I'm not feeling a big tidal wave against grey here by the way :p

pretty sure its 129 - http://photobucket.com/guestlogin?albumUrl...ums/d25/HKTAN1/ pass hktan

he obviously has more options

but i basically ordered this strap but i got it 22/22 instead of the taper cause i hate heavy watches and thin straps that don't offset the weight.

and the rivets ;) love the rivets

also dani - watch pictured is member timepiece - i followed his lead and have a hktan on order basically the same

Perosnally I love grey or anthracite dials.

On the Skyland, aside from the versatility and less-common attributes, I think the grey dial allows the numeral markers to stand out a little more, their black-painted outlines providing a look similar to a drop-shadow.

If I cave in and buy one of these shaving mirrors, I'll go for the grey no doubt whatsoever.

I choose grey because

1. I only have one other grey dial (evolution)

2. The skyland V2 was copied from a grey dial GEN, so I feel it is going to be the most accurate (although the black and blue are just as accurate).

It kinda sucks, I just received my order from Josh today and he sent me a grey Chronomat Evolution instead of the grey Skyland. I was looking forward to the skyland a lot!! Now I have to wait another week.

Here is a shot of my black with gen rubber, Dtan888s blue, and czarczar's gray Skyland, IMO the gray dial wears bigger. The gray dial isn't as sharp of a contrast as the black so the dial and rehaut appear to be one piece that is flatter and wider like a wok. The black dial is a stark contrast to the light SS so the dial looks smaller and the rehaut appears deeper like you're looking down a hole with the dial at the bottom. Weird but true.

046copy.jpg

047copy.jpg

048copy.jpg

049copy.jpg

053copy.jpg

052copy.jpg

050copy.jpg

I really would like someone to compare the blue rep to the blue gen in person and tell us if the blue is off as usual. I tried on the black and gray gens and still cant decide. The black "pops" but the gray looks great as well.

Edited by CY0811

I got the blue initially thinking it would look great on ss once i got it is not that bright is dark blue, so i ordered the gray dial and is absolutely awesome you can see the color of the dial at almost any angle and is not as big of a contrast as my blue one. It is hard for me to explain the look but is amazing just like my graphite bce is a special combination i think

OK I am biased in this question....GREY is by far my favorite color....have a grey car, only wear grey clothes and most of accessories are grey.

BUT, I choosed the grey dial because I have too many blacks....but most of all, the Breitling SKYLAND is an aviators watch, the old B-Uhren came with matt black dials in the 40ies and were often exposed to bright sunlight for a long time...the black faded over the years and some dials nowadays appear to be grey or faded black in color. I like the thought that this fact was in the designers minds.

The Avenger allways came in grey dials....I think grey dials suit the watches (big, heavy, crowded) far better than black which stands out and screams BIGGGY.

But this is all just a thought and only from my heated brain...so don