When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

A Wonderful New Gen Arrival

RobbieG

This is a wonderful custom piece made by one of our members, T, at Hagen in Westfalen Germany. The watch is an homage to an early 1900's pocket watch style dress watch with a genuine enamel dial. Enamel is very rare these days but just so beautiful. The dial is very similar to that of a Chronoswiss Minute Repeater that my father and I owned jointly which was stolen. It was a sort of prototype model that Gerd Lang had made for us quite some time ago. Anyway, T came through in a big way and in fact he has just released this dial as a permanent model in his collection.

The watch is constructed of super high quality parts all sourced from Germany and Switzerland. The case is just first rate and is adorned with double AR sapphire crystals front and back. The hands are genuine 300 degree C heated blued steel as are the decorative screws in the movement. The movement is an ETA 6498 with seconds at 6 which has been hand decorated with Cotes de Geneve. T is known for his decorative genuine 6497/8 movements and many are sourced from the SOPROD factory of Panerai fame. The strap is a hand made genuine Bony Crocodile with double deployant clasp. Everything about this watch is world class and I would highly recommend any of his offerings to anyone looking for a wonderful genuine watch for a fantastic price. This watch meets or exceeds the quality of many of my genuine watches without question. Here are a few quick and dirty shots until this weekend when I will try to shoot a full pictorial. Enjoy...

T1.jpg

T4.jpg

T3.jpg

T5.jpg

T2.jpg

Sorry, Robbie, but I think that's pretty awful. So awful, in fact, that I think you should probably just get rid of it. Hey, I've got an idea-- why don't you just send it to me, and I'll throw it away for you.

Seriously, man, that thing is stunning. Really gorgeous. If you don't mind me asking, how much did you have to put into it all told? I'm guessing more than $25.

Well I had some special circumstances and we played with some ideas so you can't go by me, but he has this exact watch listed on his site now for $925 I believe. However, the watch shown on his site does NOT have real blue steel hands so that will cost extra I'm sure. There are also two basic case designs and several bezel and crown options for any of his work and all have slightly different price points. The movement upgrades are of course where you will spend the money. I opted for just the basic decorated version but there are soeme amazing hand engraved gold and rhodium offerings as well and a lot in between...

Sorry, Robbie, but I think that's pretty awful. So awful, in fact, that I think you should probably just get rid of it. Hey, I've got an idea-- why don't you just send it to me, and I'll throw it away for you.

Seriously, man, that thing is stunning. Really gorgeous. If you don't mind me asking, how much did you have to put into it all told? I'm guessing more than $25.

Yes, and a great guy too. I have to get used to calling him T so new members can find him. What he is offering at the price he is offering them is unmatched anywhere in the industry IMO. Just world class stuff to be had for under a grand...

Very nice watch! Beautiful!

Tourby makes some sweet watches...a lot of the guys here have some of his other builds.

cheers

Yeah sort of the same vibe with the enamel but yet more early Breguet like because of the case. Also of note is that it wears smaller than the Jones which is a big 43MM IMO. I owned it for a bit and I found it wore too big for me as a dress watch and didn't function as well casual. This one is 42MM and wears just perfect and can dress up or down. Funny you should mention the Jones as I always wanted a replacement for it that fixed a few things. I always loved it but I wanted the case to be smaller. I guess I finally found it.

More importantly I feel like I have my Chronoswiss Repeater back sort of. Man that theft was a tough loss. Insurance can't bring it back...

Sweet watch!

Looks a bit like IWC F.A. Jones.

iwc-portuguese-5442.03_MED.jpg