When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Is Jakub away?

scotty

OK,

Just to round it all up...

We're all waiting for a sign from Jacub Jablonsky here... who has given us an adress to send our watches or crystals to. We also filled out some kind of form with our home adress (to return the watch to) .

Some people (members or "friends" of members..) who have met him say that this (collecting) adress is not the place where he lives.

Another (polish) member has called his landline number and got in contact with his .. "mother" ? Member promised to call again after a few days.., no reply anymore...

Someone else says he's talked to Jacub Jablonsky and found out he has some serious problems "that would not go away for some time"... (but did'nt mention the kind of troubles..)....

Recently he replied to some members mentioning that he will send things back, but did anyone replied that things have indeed been send back ? .

If i'm not mistaken, one gen and some crystals should have been sent back ?.. , but this has not been documented any further... nothing else... Very confusing and.. indeed ... no further reply's, everyone just waiting... ("buying time" ??).

All this "mist" and "mystery".. leads me to some (hopefully wrong) "suppositions":

1) This is a super scam with one or more than one person involved. If that's the case, the watch or crystal is even of lesser interest, the worrying fact is that he (they) are in possession of all our home or business adresses. All my watches are kept in a bank safe, but that might not be the case with everyone....

2) Mr. Jablonsky is an honest guy but got caught by the law (because of receiving and sending an amount of reps) , got an interdiction to communicate with anyone involved with reps (and thus also this forum) for the time being.. and they monitor all email correspondence (that's usual police practice) and he keeps to it... (which would eventually explain why only a gen could have been sent back to its owner)

3) Mr Jablonsky really [censored]ed things up and hides just because he cannot re-imburse for the losses....

4) Mr Jablonsky got into deep depression and lost all interest...

The only thing i can hope for is that we can forget about supposition 1, but as time passes....

Any thoughts (or good/bad news ) ?

Best regards,

Lewis.

That pretty much sums it up. He contacted me 2 weeks ago and that the stuff was ready and would be shipped out. Nothing heared or seen since then.

• Replies 549
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely right.

I am one of them .... trying to find another watchsmith. -_-

....and it is not bother me that he doesn't want to take any work from me ..it's on his rights ......but it does bother me that he doesn't reply any mails.

I find this ..lets say, not very polite.

Any way, back to Jakub.

Still no news from this guy ????

This case somehow it reminds me the RWG I watch and Blade case.

What is the work you need done on your watch? You might find an independent watch smith local to you who would be able to help... Best of luck with your search :good::)

With regards Jakub, not to be the voice of doom and gloom, but to be honest, I don't see anything happening to resolve the situation unless people start paying a PI or people in Poland to actually investigate the issue, on the ground, in person, and see what resolutions can be achieved. Unless Jakub chooses to email an explanation to Admin, a moderator, or comes on this thread and responds in person, my honest feeling is that nothing will be resolved, and further discussion will be pointless as it will not achieve anything, and ultimately be cyclical. I'm really sorry for everyone who is affected by this situation, I sincerely hope people are able to come to satisfactory resolutions.

Well....

Regarding the status of our watches (and I guess those in RG not listed in RWG) - I'm convinced the only way forward is to organise a face-to-face contact with J somehow. I'm sure that's a possibility that may just need a few missing details (like J's real address which may already be available to someone). It would be good also for a Polish speaker to call his mother again on the other number available and see what can be gleaned.....

I'm not going to debate the reasons over what's happened since we have nothing concrete to go on...but we need to find out at least if he still has them or not. Maybe he's dimped the lot, or sold them in a cheap or knock-off market for whatever to be rid of them...

Regarding another point that's probably worth a seperate thread;

in my case, I'm more of a reader than poster. I don't have an in-depth knowledge of watches, and use this forum to help fill that gap, provide information, enjoy other people's posts, do the odd trade, and if possible help someone else. I've managed to make a few friends via my limited contribution.

However I, like many others, basically trust the views and experience of people here.

So when it came to choosing to send an expensive rep to J, I had read forum reviews and comments and only found it all to be positive.

In fact, a number of members positively rejoiced in praise for J's outstanding work, help, etc etc. What a great guy.....

Nowhere had I picked up that there were problems behind the scenes, now indicated here.

In fact, I'm surprised now by the inferred level of problems, and 'clear signs' which I guess myself and others as being naive didn't pick up on.

But if a guy has a modding section, has been around for a couple of years, is advertising a service, and receives nothing but glowing reviews and comments from members (including a number well respected), well it's easy to go ahead and trust.

Never read about cyclopses falling off, damaged crystals, damaged hands, piss poor watchsmith work, that he seemed shady, etc etc etc.

People are fast to post about problem transactions with other members, quality from dealers and the like. And depending on how they phrase their post, they receive support or a good flaming - yes in some cases deserved, but not always.....

Surely one of the objectives of a forum like this to exchange and help each other. People talk about a community...

Well in that sense surely there's an obligation of the community to advise of dangers to others, or offer advice or warnings. And without fear of prejudice.

So in that sense, has the community failed? Those knowing of a worsening situation have not made any effort to warn others in some way....

Isn't that a shared responsability under a community concept?

So I hope 2 things:

(1) we all get our property back - soon (maybe by a provoked encounter)

(2) the forum opens up and is more tolerant on people posting experiences. That people should apply common sense BEFORE posting, and write in a non aggressive way (English skills permitting) is fair enough. But they should be able to post without the fear that they're going to get hammered somehow.

2 pence worth.....

Now - what are we going to do about arranging a meeting with J?

i can just repeat myself,

spend you next holiday in Poland, your watches are already there.

if Jakub would have had problems with Police...i doubt it....he still could contact members to get things straight.

for a few years...there were bus rides over to Poland to the POLISH market....on the weekends.

this is nothing but a market FULL of replicas....cloth.....shoes, purses, you name it...cheap crap. the police....looked away. wonder why.

all of his stories, i dont believe a word. i just asked my buddies wife ( polish background, born in germany ) if she has relatives left close to Jakub...

but....only an old aunt 3 hours away from him.

i firmly believe.... everything is lost. get used to this thought.

Having just been made aware of this I am saddened.....

Saddened that someone like Jakub has got himself into this situation....

Saddened that members are left fearing permanent loss of their items, sent in good faith...

And last but not least....

Saddened (but not surprised) that there are so-called 'members' (some with very low post counts and membership time it must be said) crawling out of the woodwork to offer unsolicited opinions, make holier-than-thou judgements and take perverse interest in crucifying somebody's reputation without having any personal knowledge, experience or indeed any concrete facts in front of them. Like rubber-neckers at road traffic accidents, or vultures picking at a corpse, there are always those that enjoy a little schadenfraude. I have to say I find it distasteful and symptomatic of why I don't spend much time here anymore.

I hope there's a speedy resolution to this matter for ALL concerned.

Saddened (but not surprised) that there are so-called 'members' (some with very low post counts and membership time it must be said) crawling out of the woodwork to offer unsolicited opinions, make holier-than-thou judgements and take perverse interest in crucifying somebody's reputation without having any personal knowledge, experience or indeed any concrete facts in front of them. Like rubber-neckers at road traffic accidents, or vultures picking at a corpse, there are always those that enjoy a little schadenfraude. I have to say I find it distasteful and symptomatic of why I don't spend much time here anymore.

That may be so for some members, but..

Anyone who has not seen his watch(es) back since months, and has sent it (them) over to Jacub because of the positive response and the privileged section he got on this forum, can, imho , rightfully ask questions and give opinions on this same forum. Whether he or she has posted 5000 times or just once, is completely irrelevant.

It's the silence about this mistery that's just as bad for Jacub as for the whole forum and the rep world in general.....

Best regards,

Lewis.

Having just been made aware of this I am saddened.....

Saddened that someone like Jakub has got himself into this situation....

Saddened that members are left fearing permanent loss of their items, sent in good faith...

And last but not least....

I hope there's a speedy resolution to this matter for ALL concerned.

==============================================

just in case some members have not realized yet whom this contri is made about.... its about me.

ok, low post count, so what. i have always flamed scamers - please dont forget - JAKUB - TWP and other known names were / are not only scamers on here,

no....on repgeeks and RWI as well.

i have lost money and material to scamers as well, and at the same time encouraged and tried to help other members that were scamed.

who cares if i have a low post count here, i have double the post counts somewhere else.

many know me and have dealt with me.

what i dont get...is all the understanding and subtleness Jakub ...is still..... treated with. if i would be in his shoes, and read this thread, i would kick back and laugh. knowing nothing will happen to me.

i know, not much that can be done.....but i am not calm at all, i am furious about this guy....taking perverse intrest in crucifying his reputation !

has he deserved anything better ?

not having personal knowledge, experience ....propably more then you. if knowledge and experience is measured by post count on RWG....then, i have none.

but.......look at the facts and get real. there is not the smallest acceptable excuse for his behaviour.

no matter if here on RWG...or on RWI, on both forums are good people that work hard for their hobby ....thats why in the end its the same, RWG or RWI.

speedy resolution, well, we all hoped for that.....in the end, i hope there is something learned out of that, and propably some security measures

could be taken.

i have been with this hobby for very long, but i have not seen a scam to this extent.

and in my ( unsolicited opinion ) everybody that has lost hundreds or even thousands of dollars.....has every right to be extremly [censored].

i can just encourage all of the people involved in this....do not just take it and leave it as it is.

id rather put another hundred bucks down to track this guy down and MAKE him give back your belongings.

Schadenfreude ? you are out of your mind ! i feel with everyone that has lost something, been there ....done that.

@h.u,

I feel you may find that DBR, also has a vested interest in this matter! Possibly a lot more than a lot of others!

However, there is little point in "flogging the proverbial"

Either a resolution will be found, or come forward, or it won't.

Continued attacks however probably only lessen the chances of a resolution.

Let's just keep this thread for responses, which throw some light on the situation, not for responses which inflame it.

Offshore

@h.u,

I feel you may find that DBR, also has a vested interest in this matter! Possibly a lot more than a lot of others!

I'd be fascinated to know what you're insinuating here A....since you obviously know more than me about this 'vested interest' of mine. Pray do tell...

We've always got on very well, so I'll let this go, but it's a little out of order giving the impression I have an ulterior motive or agenda behind my words.

*EDIT* Rereading, I have a horrible feeling I've got hold of the wrong end of the stick here A - and you're actually sticking up for me - huge apologies and ignore the above if that's the case! ;)

Yes I've had dealings with Jakub, had a few crystals done with him, used his watchmaker the odd time, and had a watch trade with him. Liked the guy a lot too. Pretty much like a lot of you out there. And so yes I'm saddened by this whole affair as much for those who've lost stuff than anything else as I already said.

Not my intention to inflame anything but clearly my post hit a raw nerve with some. That wasn't my intention and certainly isn't my problem.

Aside from a couple of e.mails to members a couple of weeks ago, stating that watches were ready for return shipping, no-one seems to have had any other contact.

None of the members here, and noe of those in RepGeek.

No-one has posted regarding any contact, or having received any watches back. And this thread was to be where people were to do just that...

So guess it's safe to assume that no-one has anything new, no-one has had any contact with J, and no-one has received anything back....

Good eh?

Aside from a couple of e.mails to members a couple of weeks ago, stating that watches were ready for return shipping, no-one seems to have had any other contact.

None of the members here, and noe of those in RepGeek.

No-one has posted regarding any contact, or having received any watches back. And this thread was to be where people were to do just that...

So guess it's safe to assume that no-one has anything new, no-one has had any contact with J, and no-one has received anything back....

Good eh?

Nothing on my end. I was one of the members that got an email from him a couple weeks ago. I have not heard or seen anything since. I sent another emial to him last week with no reply.

I am holding out hope that they will come this week. The optimistic side of me still has faith in people I guess.

After the end of this week though I think I will officially write off my three watches (at least a $1000 bucks worth) and become a synical effin bastard that hates the world .

I'm also amazed this has gone cold.

Such an extensive list of items being held, payments by people.....maybe the biggest scam or problem to have hit here?

19 pages of discussion, perhaps too much bickering between members.

Some offers of organising some form of face to face contact with him, some people apparently have useful information (a second, possibly real address), and yet weeks later we're no further forward.

Nothing concrete organised.

I guess the formal view may be "what more can be done, especially in this forum?". That may be right.

Then another thread that was opened on a debate over having a modding section, also died quickly.

When Finepics went AWOL there was hell here, and seemingly a lot of attempts in the background to sort things. In the end he came through I think.

When NAVI went bad there was more of the same.

In J's case, both here and in RepGeek, seems the concensus is just to accept it as part of life......

OK - maybe venting rage here doesn't achieve anything, but there were members making promises of phone calls to his mother, or whatever, to try to get information or a response. But that's all dried up.....

If he still has all the property, with the passing of time he'll either dump it all or off-load it in a flea market.

Sql-pl - did you try calling again?

Anyone else have anything else to add.

Mods/Admin - do we formally close and forget this issue, as a nasty experience?

Is this him?

http://www.facebook.com/people/Jakub_Jabonski/1363042240

or

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/3/7b5/398

Jakub Jabłoński

lawyer at Kancelaria Adwokacka adw. Marian Hilarowicz

Poland

Industry

Law Practice

And any updates from our members in Poland from contacting the telephone number?

Well I guess he is no lawyer...

Why not? do you think all lawyers get paid very well in Poland, specially for instance when they are young and just started? For all i know he could be and also making and extra buck along the side with the AR coating business/ keeping our watches.

Who knows..?

Edited by hooky

Because I think a lawyer would know the means available to pursue him. Just because nothing happended so far doesn't mean everyone is keeping his feet still forever, I especially think of the guys with gens and 1k+ watches. Especially in EU, it would be easy to get him. That we were dealing with reps or rep crystals is irrelevant. Additionally prosecution is for free, also in Poland, so a polish member can easily press charges against him so authorities start to investigate...