When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Franken Omega Seamaster Professional Black

Francisco

Very nice!

Where did u get the case....from ioffer Angela? What about the crystal?

One of the problems with rep omegas is the crystal...some of the curved ones distort the dial way too much when viewing at an angle. Strange that I don't see this problem with the blue bond omega.

-bosk

I beleive this is the one that Angela from Ioffer was selling. Looks great with the gen dial.

Im surprise that Francisco used a mineral crystal. Even more suprise that Chief double A/R a mineral crystal - didn't think he would.

Overall, one of my favorite watches. Wear it well.

I beleive this is the one that Angela from Ioffer was selling. Looks great with the gen dial.

Im surprise that Francisco used a mineral crystal. Even more suprise that Chief double A/R a mineral crystal - didn't think he would.

Overall, one of my favorite watches. Wear it well.

There is no reason chief would not AR a mineral crystal...only prob is if it had an AR coating which would not allow the use of polishing paste...making removal of the original coat difficult.

I see other correct He seamasters on ioffer and am tempted but hesitate after the angela incident.

I don't think the gen bezel on offrei works....people have tried and the bezel will not fit the rep case.....$200+ for attempting to extract the gen pearl seems abit too much to spend on a rep :)

Hi:

Thanks for your comments.

I returned the watch to Angela...so this is not Angela's watch.

I bought two used watches in a Spanish forum of reps. The first one, with the correct case (he did not know what he was selling) but with awful short hands. The second one with correct hand length. Both with A21 movement, no problem forr me.

Both dials were unacceptable for me, so I decided to buy the gen dial. As the movement is not an ETA, I had to fit the dial, and it is not an easy task.

Both crystals was mineral. I coated the best one, without distorison/loupe effect. The final result on a mineral crystal is different. I coated 4 cystals with Chieftang, only this one is mineral. The color of the reflection in the mineral is pink....in the saphire is blue...and the qulaity of the final AR is not so good, but still very good. However, this is not so important in this watch, as the gen has single AR, we do not need the best AR.

Francisco.

Great looking watch there, and a nice trio too!! I'd love to hear your description of the AR on mineral vs sapphire. I don't feel as though I can accurately describe the difference myself.

FYI, triplehd, we can always coat mineral crystals but the results are not quite the same as on sapphire. And, as someone else mentioned, I really have no means of prepping a previously-coated mineral crystal without ruining it.

• 4 weeks later...
Guys, have I missed something here? Does this AngelaB on ioffer have a version with the correct HE valve placement?

Oh, and BTW, great looking SM, Francisco. Good job!

No, unfortunately we were maybe three golden people on ten to get from her the good watch with the correct HE valve.

The others get a bad rep with everything wrong...

This was the good one:

post-8918-1221317835_thumb.jpg

Edited by antomarty