When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What are the Major errors of the SMP clone?

007omega

Save your money and wait for a new version to be released. All current models of this watch are crap. Go for the SMP Chrono instead :)

What are the main errors on the SMP chrono: http://www.silix-prime.com/product.asp?id=1693

Also, what happened to the factory that was producing really good SMP? They were shut down for making such accurate reps ?

What are the main errors on the SMP chrono

Welcome 007. Currently, no matter how good the reps are, they will have some type of flaw(s). Some you can live with, some you cannot. I woudl advise you to review By-Tor's excellent Guide to Omegas (see the link within the Omega section). His guide will provide you with the answers that you are seeking.

Also, what happened to the factory that was producing really good SMP? They were shut down for making such accurate reps ?

They never paid their property taxes so the bank took seized their property and sold it. Currently, there is a KFC at the former site and plans are in the work to expand to include a drive through.

Hope that helps. :p

The one from Josh is horrible!

As far as the full-size Bond SMPs at the moment, the one from Silix/King (and apparently houseofsouvenirs.com) is the most accurate.

The major flaws with this version are the CG and He valve location (the pearl isn't THAT bad). Otherwise it's the best of the current crop.

The jury seems to be split 50/50 on which is the biggest crime... the CG or the He valve.

im hardly an expert, im just now gettin back into the game since my 007 SMP got obliterated lol, but that Silex watchs pearl is completely wrong. i remember back when i was researching the hell out of the perfect SMP 4 years ago just about the only thing that i could spot was the pearls. they just glare at me i dont know why but thats what always helped sort the good reps and the crap ones to me

• 3 months later...
The best at the moment is the Silix version, where the main flaw is the He valve placement. There is talk of a new rep being released so hopefully it might be as good as what we have become to expect from reps these days

Any perticular dealer revealed the coming of this new SMP? I'm starting to think that because you can get them for under 1k gen. I might just buy the real deal instead of waiting for a perfect rep.