When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Bracelet or Strap ?

Strap,.. definitely... comfort is key for me, and there is nothing more comfortable than a

quality leather strap, with buckle, no deployant....

Second,.. the ability to change the look your watch anytime you want,.. find the perfect band and

set your watch off in a totally new direction, to match your mood, your clothing..your environment..

Chrono or not... Pams are a testament to that....

Not to mention, the most expensive, highest class of watches in the world, only come in leather..

{see the link below}

There are two metal bands though that I do enjoy,.. iwc gst's in stainless.. and jubiliee...

both flow over the arm like liquid... ^_^

I like and own both… However, on the bracelets I can’t seem to warm up to anything but a Oyster… My Sea Dweller, Sub & Hercules all have one… I won’t buy a [bracelet] Watch without it… Stupid quirks…

TT

For me, anything that looks "modern" or has a Chrono seems to fit best with a bracelet .....

But an elegant classic design with an uncluttered dial screams for a sweet leather strap :)

All of my watches have bracelets but my new Breitling Bentley GT is getting a tan leather srtap. There's just too much metal on this piece. I first fell in love with this watch when I saw a genuine with a leather strap so that's what I'm going with.

...However, on the bracelets I can’t seem to warm up to anything but a Oyster…

Agree 100%. The Oyster is such a classic, versatile design with great adjustment for size. Most other watches with metal bracelets that I've tried (both rep and gen) are either too loose or too tight, even with half links. With an Oyster, I can dial it in to be just right, thanks to the clasp...

Strap,.. definitely... comfort is key for me, and there is nothing more comfortable than a

quality leather strap, with buckle, no deployant....

Second,.. the ability to change the look your watch anytime you want,.. find the perfect band and

set your watch off in a totally new direction, to match your mood, your clothing..your environment..

Chrono or not... Pams are a testament to that....

Not to mention, the most expensive, highest class of watches in the world, only come in leather..

{see the link below}

There are two metal bands though that I do enjoy,.. iwc gst's in stainless.. and jubiliee...

both flow over the arm like liquid... ^_^

I like straps for the same reason, although the Omega SMP pro and the Panerai bracelets are very comfortable

83873-29821.jpg

in my mind it depends on the watch. some watches just look better one way or the other. for instance, i think my breitling navitimer looks 2x classier on a strap, while i can't really imagine wearing my sub/po on anything but a bracelet. most pams look good on both, which is another testament to their strange, addicting appeal...

dt

Brown dials, gold cases, PVD: straps.

Blue dials w/ SS case: bracelet.

Black dial w/ SS case: any (currently: bracelet on PAM 027, 050 and 090. Strap on my two 104s -- one of them having gold hands).

It depends on the occasion, the watch, and the weather.

Under most cirucumstances, I prefer a bracelet, especially if its a quality bracelet on a sporty watch such as the VC Overseas, IWC GST, or Yachtmaster.

Gold and dressier watches call for a strap.

Pams look great with their awesome bracelet, but straps give them even more distinctive personality. Other sport watches, such as a Speedmaster or PO, also take on extra personality with a well chosen strap.

Then there is the weather question. In really hot tempeatures it could be argued that neither bracelets nor straps are comfortable. But I give a slight edge to the strap because you can loosen it by a notch to minimize the discomfort as you wrist swells from heat, which you can't do with a bracelet.