When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Urgent - T crowns... please read - Urgent

t

BTW, I really don't care how many teeth they have so long as it fits properly.

I agree with UJ. At the end of the day, who cares about how many teeth your crown has? Relax and be thankful. I am more concerned about my own teeth.

:lol: :lol:

good one i agree who cares about teeths on a crown when your own cost more then any gen watches :lol:

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I continue to believe that crowns vary from model to model, etc. It took Vendome 2-3 years after they purchased the Company to standardize anything.

Kruz we all say that t crowns are great and that who cares for more teeth.. but honestly I have to say that since every single one crown on the genuine watches we have the members here has 48 teeth saying that the teeth vary from model to model has no substance at all unless someone has a crown ON a watch.

Jay has more models and he can compare more for us to be more sure.

I do believe that the turkish guys crowns are great quality and equaly made as the gen but having 52 teeth while every gen we have has 48 makes them at least questionable... Who cares? No one because honestly 4 teeth is laughable diference BUT we shouldn't put them in the mix here when T is asking us to tell him 100000% sure how many teeth the gen has.

From now as far as we know the genuine PANERAI crowns have ONLY 48 teeth.

From now as far as we know the genuine PANERAI crowns have ONLY 48 teeth.

I would have to agree. Removed a CG from an A and also got 48. The PVD crown is from a DSN .... also 48. I have a call out to the master who will tell me if Panerai has used the same factory for the crowns.

DSC_0010.jpg

DSC_0011-1.jpg

steel crowns for 1,2mm stem.

together with the cases they get first the granulate / glass / ceramic bead-blasting, but only on the knurling part.

then altogether the pvd coating.

all parts get a special attachment for the pvd machine cell/ chamber. this cell/chamber is rotary.

the crown get a stem as attchment.

rolli

i have a question about the PVD crowns

are they for Unitas with 1.2mm stem?

are they steel and PVD plated? or Titanium and PVD plated?

are the PVD crowns brushed or polished?

:rolleyes:

you can almost every material coat with the pvd process.

the pam case parts which i get for coating are stainless steel parts.

the color is dark anthracite.

here 3 images.

rolli

post-2837-1220193876_thumb.jpg post-2837-1220193891_thumb.jpg post-2837-1220195728_thumb.jpg

do you mean they are steel - beadblasted and than PVD coated?

which color PVD? dark black?

anyone have pictures of genuine PVD crown???

Well, t, thank you for bringing this forward, really nice way to do business here. Anyhow, I got two of you T-60s and I think they are great, I just mounted one on my 036. In fact, I was just preparing to cut new stem to correct size when I saw this thread - and it didn't stop me ;) If you decide to make T-48, or even some PVD ones, I'll be first to stand in line, and I won't ask for any refund for my T-60s.

regards

The only way that I can accept that the 'Turkish' crowns 'may' be fake is if someone can provide a reasonable answer to who and why? Who would replicate auto-fit crowns and then have no market for them, other than to dump them on Ebay? These were not offered to the replica community and why would anyone replicate the least desirable fitting so well without an end-user in their sights. These MUST be obsolete stock, otherwise it was the daftest project for anyone to undertake.

The only way that I can accept that the 'Turkish' crowns 'may' be fake is if someone can provide a reasonable answer to who and why? Who would replicate auto-fit crowns and then have no market for them, other than to dump them on Ebay? These were not offered to the replica community and why would anyone replicate the least desirable fitting so well without an end-user in their sights. These MUST be obsolete stock, otherwise it was the daftest project for anyone to undertake.

Rolli i em sure has great knowledge but to be certain they are "fake" is well pretty far out.

I think they are gen and will keep thinking that untill proff is given otherwise..They look damn good so..

Rolli i em sure has great knowledge but to be certain they are "fake" is well pretty far out.

I think they are gen and will keep thinking that untill proff is given otherwise..They look damn good so..

Yes, I think that they were genuinely manufactured for Panerai but this specification may not actually have been used on production watches.

I'm in this camp ...too much attention to detail on the "Turkish" crowns to just be a "rep" project for Ebay..??

Well, the "wrong" Casebacks for the gen TI modell that stated a depth rating of 100m on the back was also gen, was it not? And THAT did not happen when the structures of Panerai were changing as they were bought by the R-group but much later..

Who knows when those crowns from ebay were produced. Maybe a new supplier was taken under contract and that is a batch of crowns that did not make it onto a watch or only on a few till they got that they have more teeth.

Just as the "cream dial" on the old explorer 2..

Well, the "wrong" Casebacks for the gen TI modell that stated a depth rating of 100m on the back was also gen, was it not? And THAT did not happen when the structures of Panerai were changing as they were bought by the R-group but much later..

Who knows when those crowns from ebay were produced. Maybe a new supplier was taken under contract and that is a batch of crowns that did not make it onto a watch or only on a few till they got that they have more teeth.

Just as the "cream dial" on the old explorer 2..

Seems to be the only reasonable explanation for that number of crowns that are so close to OEM specifications. Otherwise Panerai or Richemont would not have allowed or tolerated such a number of gen parts on the free market or even Ebay.

However we

Edited by Fish

Seems to be the only reasonable explanation for that number of crowns that are so close to OEM specifications. Otherwise Panerai or Richemont would not have allowed or tolerated such a number of gen parts on the free market or even Ebay.

However we

No question 48 teeth and designed to fit rep case tubes is the way to go.

On the Turkish crowns everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I just counted a spare automatic one and I found and it was also 52 teeth. I can tell you that the crown spring mechanism is virtually identical to that on today's crowns except that it is not sheathed. At best they were an earlier design and at worst they were rejects from a particular sub-contractor to Panerai. I did do enough research on some of the other items he bought at the same time (which seemed to have come from one source that had gone belly-up) and the majority of other gen items (Omega bracelets and crowns, etc.) dated back to no later than the early 2000's.

I did chat with the seller at the time we did the group buy. He had no idea what they were or what they were for. I now see that his description on the few remaining odd pieces he has left actually tell folks what models each crown is good for. :lol:

Most importantly, 48 teeth it is. :thumbsupsmileyanim: