When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New browser?

Pugwash

I was already searching for it but i dont find it till now for a download

Have to search more hehe

The only thing i found was a comic about this open source project of the browser

Looks interesting hxxp://rapidshare.com/files/141979243/Google_Chrome.pdf.html

Cheers

Edited by Paneraibob

I know nothing of the technical side of computers but wasn't there also a group that broke away from Google to start their own browser?

I know a group that used to work for google came up with their own search engine www.cuil.com. Isn't really cuil (pronounced cool) at all.................

I don't know why there is all this hype about new browsers. I have tried firefox and used to use netscape back in the day, but IE has always been the fastest and easiest to use for me. All of these other browsers just seem to be more trouble than they are worth. I especially can't stand firefox. Just never works right. I have enough security on my computer that I don't need a more secure browser.

It will be nice to have more alternatives. I use Firefox - it runs and loads faster, has a smaller memory footprint, is more secure than IE, and is easier to use. IE is a true piece of [censored].

Chrome was redesigned from the ground up - it is not built on top of an old platform (like IE which just keeps getting bigger and slower with each build). It comes sans useless bells and whistles. It actually terminates processes when you shut down tabs.

I am looking forward to trying it.

Only the weblogs can prove that. I'm pretty sure I'm the first to use Chrome on this forum on a Mac.

http://www.google.com/chrome

Well I got mine about fifteen minutes before that post - so you were probably first - but I was checking all day and it just became available - was it available earlier for Mac or did you just find a working download link before I did?

Well I got mine about fifteen minutes before that post - so you were probably first - but I was checking all day and it just became available - was it available earlier for Mac or did you just find a working download link before I did?

It's not available for Mac, but I had it installed on VMWare at 20:43 local time (about 50min ago) so we both appeared to be around the same time.

I am using it now and I agree it is faster than IE7, but check out this article: CNN Article

Looks like Microsoft is a step ahead.

If you want the low down on Chrome see what they are saying at Anandtech.com - those guys are the real geeks.

I have no idea yet what they are saying but it will be more reliable than CNN's "tech" journalist.

I am another early adopter and downloaded the beta version yesterday.

It is undoubtably quicker than any of the others and for a good reason, it's to do with Chrome splitting your Internet activities into many separate paths whereas the other browsers traditionally use only one path.

Not a techy so I can't explain it better than that but as I stated in y thread 'Read the comic' it impressed me.

Ken