When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Gen Rolex DeepSea

rckh

This one is realy to big for me.

I can't understand why they are building these huge Seiko monster like watches.

Or am i missing something here.

Carpe Diem

Cats

Different strokes...Since I've been wearing PAMs, my subs just seem so tiny. It sounds like Rolex will be making watches in both flavors (40ish and 44ish mm). This should appeal to more folks.

Seems pretty smart to me.

I wanted to try one of these today with a view to buying the Gen but here in the UK I was quoted a 5 year waiting list at the very least. Watches of Switzerland told me the entire UK allocation for the next 5 years has effectively been spoken for. To be honest, waiting until 2013 to see my watch kind of ruins it.

Guest carlsbadrolex

Less than a week, and if the planets are in alignment I will have mine...

DAMN THAT THING IS BIG. Those are the best comparative pics Ive seen.

T

Mark my words, this watch will NEVER be properly repped. We might see a better version based on an SSD case, but they will never make this beast.

I don't know about never properly being rep'ed (I remember hearing the same thing about the GMTc, and the rep "looks" pretty darn good and this doesn't have the complications of the movement)... I like the watch but the band kills it for me (although the new clasp is nice), its just too small, could you imagine a pam on a rolex bracelet.

bracelet is too small, and it seems to spill over the lugs. the clasp is a marvel. I wish they put as much thought into other design elements as they did into the clasp. nothing about the case is balanced, not the text (both needed and unneeded), the dial size, the pearl, the bezel width and thickness, it is just poor design... I cant wait to see one at my AD. then I can totally know how awful this safe queen is.

Come on guys... it CAN BE repped... as EVERYTHING! Remember other watches too... Despite some early negative comments of some members here.. i still believe it is going to be a massive commercial success for both gen and replica (if it is repped... But hey, i cannot bear in mind that a commercially successful RLX watch won't be repped...it is insane as a thought, isn't it??) ... I would love to see a super-water-restistant rep if it as well...Like th good job done with the SSD... I am still amazed by the deep dive tests of SSDs by some rwg members...

they should have called it the deep safe....

Some facts about this watch:

The working name was the Armhair-Dweller.

A common misconception was Rolex increased the size of the case to increase depth limits in water, when in actuality it was to increase its depth limit in arm hair. Based on extensive research, it was realized that the typical Rolex owner had approximately 1.5" of armhair, which obstructed the full view of the watch. This is bad advertising for Rolex.

Another lesser known fact:

The "ORIGINAL GAS ESCAPE VALVE RING LOCK SYSTEM" surrounding the dial was originally conceived by one of the designers after he ripped major ass during one of the preliminary design meetings. Put two and two together, and history is made. Sphyncter just didn't have the same ring to it, but the similarities are still there.

Is Rolex laughing under their breath, politely calling owners of these watches... Assholes? bunny.gif

Deepsea_16.jpg

Deepsea_5.jpg