When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My vintage Kampfschwimmer 3646 !

Clint Eastwood

Hello,

So i promise, here pics of my other self made vintage : a 3646 kampfschwimmer one, with sterile dial like use in the world war 2 by german frogmens; dial is sterile to give no information about the owner if capture by ennemy .

So here the mods :

- case will be slimmed and a little resized

- new lugs is made ( from kitchen wheep :) ) and welded on the case

- screw tube is welded

- crown as "brevet and cross engraved"

- dial is repaint in black with touchs of brown an a little polished

- markers filled with brown resin who do the correct vintage color ( under dial the lume is white with no mods because it's the resin who do the vintage color)

- hands was aged with rust and relumed with the same product that in my Angelus

- crystal was rounded and aged

- standart flat back who will be engraved by me with kampfschimmer text with my name next week, this will be long to do.

- finaly strap as seewn directly on the wacth and buckle is mod and seewn again

Now the pics, enjoy :D

GW36461.jpg

GW36462.jpg

GW36463.jpg

GW36464.jpg

P1010447.jpg

And on this pic you can better see the real color of the vintage lume who is very less darker in reality than in pics :

GW36465.jpg

Hope you like it,

I will do a new post this weekend with the cortebert one;

Have a nice weekend !!!

Thanks for the comments,

Movement is a standart unitas because it's not a display caseback, but you are right i need a hight cannon pin or a movement with it yet instaled; if someone here have one for sale let me know, what will be great will be more hight pin for the hour wheel and for the minute wheel .

The brown resin is self made using clear resin that i dye with brown wood varnish. very easy .

I will post a pic of crown to see the engraving,

Case back is totaly sterile but i will engrave it the next week or maybe today, will post pics when do.

My model was the one posted by dadog, who is from Heinz Pape who use it during his kampfschwimmer zeit in 1944-45.

Clint-

That is a fabulous project. It is wonderful to see another skilled vintagizer show their projects on the forum. Both this one and the 6152 show such a level of commitment to the project. At last Madasboot, VDBroucke, RMcsherry and whoever else I forgot to mention have some company. It is great to see skilled modders increasingly show their projects. Projects are my favorite posts on this forum so I do hope this trend continues. And Clint, I can't wait to see your next project.

Projects are my favorite posts on this forum so I do hope this trend continues. And Clint, I can't wait to see your next project.

Agree - maybe this forum needs a designated area which bundles all projects (in other words, projects should perhaps be available to view both under the area of brand upon which they are based (for example "Rolex"), and under its own area (for example "Projects").

Edit: PM sent admin

MG

And last picture for this one; the engraving case back in the kampfschwimmer style , all by hand with a self made tool and a hammer, more than 3 hour of hard work .

On gen in 1945, engraving was made in the prisonnier of war camp by one the captured german kampfschwimmer who was a watchsmith before war; he used a modified razor blade.

On this pic you can also have a better wiew of how the lugs are round and welded.

Toomorow i will do the post with my cortebert 6152 :D

3646back.jpg