When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

A few pics of the ol' Daytona duo

ubiquitous

Finally got around to taking some semi decent pics of the Daytonas. Realized that I didn't have any good, clear images of the pair and figured I needed a few prior to putting them away for a bit.

Of all the projects I've built, these are still my favorite by far...

IMG_4201.jpg

IMG_4224.jpg

IMG_4275.jpg

IMG_4285.jpg

IMG_4271.jpg

IMG_3929.jpg

IMG_3921.jpg

Nothing new to the old members, of course. But thanks for looking none the less :)

Cheers,

R

Ditto. Two legendary Frankens indeed.

I think I have asked this before, but which one you prefer? For me the white one would be the only option. Not to say the black isn't a beauty, it certainly is... but the white is just :wub:

Thank you for posting those pictures again.

I don't think a rep daytona will ever satisfy me after seeing those! I wish there was some where I could get them already built.

Those are even more spectacular than a gen in my opinion because you had an intimate part in the building of the watches. When you buy the gen some people never even see the movements.

Thank you again for sharing.

Those are even more spectacular than a gen in my opinion because you had an intimate part in the building of the watches. When you buy the gen some people never even see the movements.

Agreed. The thought and care and patience add a true element of passion behind already beautiful pieces that no over the counter gen could equal. Fantastic.

Sorry, but I have never seen anything but professional quality pictures of your duo. But, then, I think those beauties would look good even if the pics were taken by a blindman who did not see that the lens cap was still on. ;)

I do have a question about your lighting -- are you shooting in natural light (next to an open window) or what are you using for a light source? Your lighting always looks just right (even with the new camera).

Thank you everyone for the very kind words! Very much appreciated, and as many of you know, these frankens were amongst some of my first builds; as such (and considering why I built them) these pieces are quite special to me :) To say I am humbled by your comments is an understatement...

I think I have asked this before, but which one you prefer? For me the white one would be the only option. Not to say the black isn't a beauty, it certainly is... but the white is just :wub:

BT- It's a difficult decision, actually. Both are appealing in their own right; the white dial is so crisp and clean, yet the black has an interesting tone to the dial; not really black per se, but more of a dark grey-ish brown. It really stands out under sun light and is one reason why I'd recommend having both dials to anyone considering a 16520 :)

Sorry, but I have never seen anything but professional quality pictures of your duo. But, then, I think those beauties would look good even if the pics were taken by a blindman who did not see that the lens cap was still on. ;)

I do have a question about your lighting -- are you shooting in natural light (next to an open window) or what are you using for a light source? Your lighting always looks just right (even with the new camera).

Thank you, F333! These days, I'm using natural lighting filtering in through a series of glass cubes (in a window) with a northern exposure:

IMG_3802.jpg

I used to use a light tent, however I'm finding that the natural lighting works quite nicely in this set up!

Thanks again one and all for the kind words!

Cheers,

R

I will say the same : never tired to see them UBI !!!

As a matter of fact, it's even more.

Since you shoot new photos, we all have that impressions they are new watches too. :D

Your collection is one of my favourite so I want to ask you a favour: please never stop taking new pictures :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Cheers

Stephane

Finally got around to taking some semi decent pics of the Daytonas. Realized that I didn't have any good, clear images of the pair and figured I needed a few prior to putting them away for a bit.

Of all the projects I've built, these are still my favorite by far...

Nothing new to the old members, of course. But thanks for looking none the less :)

Cheers,

R

In Italy this watch is a real cult. You have two dream watches, very very good