When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Post your crappiest rep!!

mkuhl2000

What is the crappiest rep you ever got?

Was it your first?...did you get ripped?...was it before you gained knowledge in these forums?

I imagine there are some good stories and pics for this topic!

I'll start...Here is a TT Sub I ordered BEFORE learning more about reps here. Got

it from a guy in Canada for $65 shipped. I ordered one with blue bezel/serti dial and

ended up with black bezel. To correct the mistake, ( and it was a BIG mistake since

I included a picture in my email!) he said he's send me a replacement bezel insert

that I have to swap out myself.

So here is my crappy TT sub..with horrid word alignment on the dial ( his picture showed a near perfect dial).

Also note the fancy gold plating on the band that skips where the safety clasp flips down.

post-2225-1152677577_thumb.jpg

post-2225-1152677619_thumb.jpg

Wow, where to begin. So many...so little bandwidth. I have had alot of crap, but mostly from when I was new. I have knowlingly bought many fanatasy models because I liked the way they looked...so I wont count them. Worst by far (for me) was a shitty panerai power reserve that was brass with very thin SS coating. I saw pink metal all around the case upon dleivery. The crown was razor thin. The date background was white. The power reserve was in worng spot. Just bad all around. But the fact that it was advertised as SS really pisses me off.

Worst ones I got were about 10 years ago in Korea in a district called Itaewon. It was a Rollie black sub-- brass with a ss coating. It was still running up to 2 months ago, when I took it apart to gain some knowledge of the inside of a watch. Also bought a crappy Pasha which i sent to BigNasty to practice his skills on. Paid about 50USD each for them.

Eddy

Here's mine. Quartz DateJust from circa 1987 (from Thailand). Never bought another battery for it. It was embarrassing even 20 years ago. May it rest in pieces.

85141-29546.jpg

85141-29547.jpg

85141-29548.jpg

Edited by By-Tor

I wouldn't go as far to call this a rep, but here goes:

I got this on a holiday to Turkey when I was 12 for the equivalent of £6 - I found it a couple of weeks ago when I went back home to visit. I was happy at the time, I guess that's all that matters! A picture says a thousand words...

85201-29539.jpg

85201-29540.jpg

If anyone's interested in trading it for a 203 / 217 then I'm open to offers. ;)

I wouldn't go as far to call this a rep, but here goes:

I got this on a holiday to Turkey when I was 12 for the equivalent of £6 - I found it a couple of weeks ago when I went back home to visit. I was happy at the time, I guess that's all that matters! A picture says a thousand words...

85218-29534.jpg

85218-29535.jpg

If anyone's interested in trading it for a 203 / 217 then I'm open to offers. ;)

Wow that is spot on the gen.

Like at the caseback T&G Hiller!

Impressive!!! :p

Thank god it doesn't say Hitler :hitler:

My first rep was a Camel trophy quartz 15 years ago but I don't have it anymore.

Back then the Camel Trophy watches were very In. So I bought the genuine after some time. Both watches are now Rest In Peace.