When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Soon time to head accross the pond...

RWG Technical

Finally we (GF and I) seem to be getting at the end of the house renovations.

So far we have gutted and re-done one bathroom, ripped out flooring in 2 bedrooms and the hallway and stairs and replaced it all with new flooring and carpet. Installed 2 outside doors, with one more to go, painted a room, had a big garage sale, and done some spring cleaning and donation runs to the charity shop.

In spite of all of this, we have also made time to get out on our motorcycles and get some riding in. Of course I did get some time to work on a few watches as well...

October is coming fast, and with it our trip to France. Getting ready always seems to take much longer than coming home and unpacking everything in 10 minutes, not sure why this is...

So my time lately for forum stuff has been limited, as have my visits to RWG.

I have finished a number of interesting watch projects during the past few months, and I hope to be able to post some pics of the end results, before I leave for vacation.

And as most of you already know, my appointment book has effectivly been closed to new members due to the large number of deadbeats this year. It goes without saying that those who I have worked with already, and who haven't stood me up, have no concerns about future work or appointments.

New Capabilities list Jan 2009

I have also revamped my capabilities list for January 2009, no price increases for servicing or repairs. I have however increased my lume prices and brought them in line with Everest Watchworks prices. Some of the price increases are to account for the extra quantity of lume needed on a sandwich dial for example, or the extra time for GMT or Subdial Hands on a Chrono, and to account for the increased cost of Super Lume from RC Tritec. The other idea I took from Kent, is a non-refundable deposit of $50 to book an appointment (any appointment, not only lume work). At least if we get stood up, we get some compensation for the time and effort already put in. Seems Kent is getting stood up as well...

That about sums it up, if you want a new capabilities list, send in an email and J will send it out.

I hope to post some new projects later this week or over the weekend, and I am really looking forward to our vacation, it's been a long time coming.

I will be away for all of October.

I think that's all for now, I'll be lurking until I leave.

RG

It may not be of universal interest, but I would love to see pics of the remodeling or the bikes.

And have a safe trip across the pond.

Actually I thought of posting some pics of our handiwork, but though "Nah, no one wants to see home renovations..."

I'll get something together, reno's and bikes, and put them up later this week.

No lume in France this time, this is purely a vacation and time to be with my gal :)

RG

Hey The Zigmeister,

I sincerely hope you and J. enjoy your vacation abroad. You deserve it! Thank you again for a wonderful job on the "Pumpkin Sub". The pics you posted bare pale witness to the actual quality of work that went into that job. It is an amazing one of a kind!

Cheers,

B.