When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Sucks the Rolex Submariner isn't made in a woman's size.

cubancurl

I'm curious why Rolex doesn't make a ladies submariner. I usually wear men's size watch but this one is way too big.

A good question, but I think it is probably because when the Sub came out women were not generally (considered to be) serious divers. Today, with it being popular for women to wear men's watches & with Rolex having just jumped on the bigger-is-better watch bandwagon (a bit too late, in my opinion since oversized watches are SO 2006), I doubt, sadly, that you will be seeing a smaller Sub anytime soon.

After wearing Panerai for a year, a Sub will certainly feel like a womans watch ;)

Joking asside, I recall a post from CBR which showed a 'reduced size' Sub. Does anyone know anything about where that might be available?

There are also plenty of ladies who wear a Submariner, and it looks fine on them :)

I'm curious why Rolex doesn't make a ladies submariner. I usually wear men's size watch but this one is way too big.

Sounds like you're a petite lady - fantastic. From my experience, after the passing of youth, too many women have wrists that are rather more chunky than their partners.

Am standing by, ready to be shot down in flames...

After wearing Panerai for a year, a Sub will certainly feel like a womans watch ;)

Joking asside, I recall a post from CBR which showed a 'reduced size' Sub. Does anyone know anything about where that might be available?

There are also plenty of ladies who wear a Submariner, and it looks fine on them :)

Yup...It looks very similar except it doesn't have the rotating bezel with the numbers. When I got my gen SS sub about 18 months ago my wife wanted a matching one, but it didn't exist. We have been Seiko wearers for some years now and she has a nice ladies Seiko dive watch. For social events I got her a sweet all SS Movado. All gens obviously.

Sounds like you're a petite lady - fantastic. From my experience, after the passing of youth, too many women have wrists that are rather more chunky than their partners.

Am standing by, ready to be shot down in flames...

Very true. We marry them and they use it as some kind of permit for training to enter the Goodyear Blimp lookalike contest.

The Explorer 1 would look good on a thin girl.