When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

comments on my new tudor franken?

chris5264

Spoken like another true addict!!! :tu:

Ah ah, well, what can I say ;)

An MBK case is way more expensive and is not easy to find.

Here you have the right movement + a nice case back and it could become a great Tudor franken.

Since you helped me, with UBI of course, to start a project some months ago, I wouldn't mind starting a second Tudor one :)

Anyway, I would be more than happy is a lot of members of RWG got one of these.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok,,,here is an update with some good and bad news.....Here is the sn 737738 and on the other side it reads 7016/0. Here is some bad news. I went to screw in the crown and the tube came out. Turns out someone put in a smaller case tube and it was held in by elmers glue (lol). However, the case was set for a case tube to be screwed in which is a good sign as the cheaper cases are just pushed in. Also, the crystal was glued on with only a few drops and came off with a slight pull. I'm not being critical of the work that was done, I mean, blind watchmakers need work too. However, I'm convinced this case is a good quality case. This isn't based on experience with Tudor but just the feel of it seems very good. So, now I'm set with two options 1) do things right and source out the right sized case tube and crown (I'm open to suggestions how to do this). 2) use some epoxy and just glue the wrong size case tube in. The crystal will be an easy fix. So, with the movement and what I'm convinced is a good case this still looks to be a good piece.

When I took the stem out,,,there was a very very small piece of dirt on it,,,if you look really close you might see it.

001nj4.jpg

006vv2.jpg

004sm4.jpg

003on6.jpg

005pq9.jpg

Interesting, but not really bad news, as your findings were to be expected.

I would recommend tossing the crown/tube & buying/installing a gen 7mm Triplock (you can find crowns on ebay & tubes from Clarks).

If the case is sized correctly, a gen T19 lens will fit (this will be a good indicator of the quality of the case). Alternatively, you can source a high quality aftermarket lens from Clarks (which is what I will use on mine). It would also be nice to locate a retaining ring (to hold the crystal tight against the case wall) as was used on the gen case.

Interesting, but not really bad news, as your findings were to be expected.

I would recommend tossing the crown/tube & buying/installing a gen 7mm Triplock (you can find crowns on ebay & tubes from Clarks).

If the case is sized correctly, a gen T19 lens will fit (this will be a good indicator of the quality of the case). Alternatively, you can source a high quality aftermarket lens from Clarks (which is what I will use on mine). It would also be nice to locate a retaining ring (to hold the crystal tight against the case wall) as was used on the gen case.

Agreed....show us the bezel/ring assembly please.

Agreed....show us the bezel/ring assembly please.

If I read the original post correctly, I do not think the watch came with it. So it would be nice if we can locate a source to purchase these separately. If the case proves to be the correct size, maybe we could source a group buy of MBW bezel rings from Eurotimez.

I am curious to see what I will get with mine. I have to think that if all of these were made up, there are probably differences in the parts used. Either way, for $275 I'll still think it will be good. After all, thats about the price of most reps people buy, and the problems listed above are not any more serious than the normal reps we see.

I am curious to see what I will get with mine. I have to think that if all of these were made up, there are probably differences in the parts used. Either way, for $275 I'll still think it will be good. After all, thats about the price of most reps people buy, and the problems listed above are not any more serious than the normal reps we see.

Notice the placement of the hole for the Crown/tube....nicely centered and countersunk.............just like a Gen....