When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Selling A Rep

Is it legal to sell a rep on in the UK?

I sold one on ebay stupidly...i never said it was real, i stated it had a swiss movement and please ask questions before bidding.

I know this wasnt a good idea but needed quick cash!

Now he wants a full refund which i suppose i could issue if he thought it was real. It seems fair.

I just wonder where i stand here....not a leg to stand on?

it is 100% illegal to sell a rep in ebay ! :thumbdown:

i guess your country would have the same policy ..

good luck ..

& if it was a r@lex & the buyer reports you to ebay , than most likely youll be receiving a nasty little letter from the infamous r@lex lawyers sueing you for 1 million $$$$$$$$$$$ :black_eye:

the letter was posted in this forum a while back ..

just give him his $$$ back & walkaway from ebay ..

good luck .

Edited by 2005SUBMARINER

Frankly, I am always amazed that this site hasn't been targeted by the rep police more than it has.

That's because the site is in Europe and doesn't make any direct money off dealing Reps. The trick to prosecution is to follow the money, and in this case, it's very difficult.

That's because the site is in Europe and doesn't make any direct money off dealing Reps. The trick to prosecution is to follow the money, and in this case, it's very difficult.

Europe doesn't have an accessory to illegal activity law, like many legal jurisdictions? That's somewhat surprising. That's why Napster was shut down in the US -- regardless of profit for itself, the court ruled that it primarily promoted illegal activities and thus it was fair to order it shut down.

How does one sell on this site? I have a dress Patek Chronograph if anyone wants to PM me about it ;-)

It's really nice, just not my style. See Eddie Lee's website for pics - I got it from him.

If you go to the sales section, and read the pinned articles, you will see that RWG supporters are entitled to offer here.

Offshore