When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

You Work Hard All your Life

Delboy

I am new here all though i a paid for platignum because this is such a nice place to be so many helpfull people i consider this my extended family i work early hours been in one one place for 20 years . i was at work got acall from the police sayin i must come i feareard the worst i have son and daughter me and wife split years ago . came home police waiting i was shakin fearing did not what to expect Daughter cryin They kicked gher Door in lucky i have Elderly neighbours that dont sleep they could not get anything only smashed my fathers picture which i lost him years ago only one i had of him stole my 21 jewel watches never had anything but my fathers pic i cant replace ever,

im not askin sympathy but only sayin in one day your whole life is shattered

Life is not fair but they aint goin to stop me im coming stronger and harder

Delboy, you're absolutely right, we work all our lives to support our families and make a decent life for ourselves but there are scum out there who think they can TAKE whatever they want and they don't care about the misery it causes.

I hope you and your kids can get over this traumatic ordeal. As we say in England: "Don't let the bastards grind you down" !! :)

It's terrifying to feel your sanctity is taken away, your safe place at home. Just remember your FAMILY is your "home" and nobody can take that home from you.

Hang in there friend.

Sorry to read your story Delboy.

As some members already said they can't take away your memories.

You did right to share your feelings out here.

I shared my health issues , almost 1 year ago , on this forum and got a lot of positive energy and support from this community.

Carpe Diem

Cats

So sorry to hear of your troubles mate. Doesn't matter how much or little you have in life, it seems there is always going to be some scrote looking for his next fix.

You done the right thing sharing it with the community mate, we are all friends here.

Keep your chin up - You have your health and family are safe. Happiness will return after the pain has gone. Time is a healer.

Take care.

I will also send my empathy. As V stated, be thankfull your son and daughter are ok...

As for the photo, dont give up hope. Take the photo in its damaged condition to a high-end camera shop, preferably one with an on site darkroom and photo lab.

Find the guy behind the computer that looks to be about 15 years old and ask him to scan the damaged photo on the highest resolution possible (RAW or TIFF) and

then have him 'restore' the damage. I realize that it wont be original, but you will be surprized at the work that they can do. I had to do just that to an original early 1900's

photo that had been creased, and torn into several pieces (dont ask)... I now have the copy in a frame and a backup on a disk in the safe...

Hang in there...

-K

Thank you all for your kind words of support and your PMs really means a lot .

The help ive been offerered is outstanding i am in the process of sending the photo to one of our members who has kindly offered to fix and send back .

God bless all i am proud to be member of RWG

Cheers Del

Wow, terrible news. I have had a similar thing happen some years ago and it is truly something you can't compare to anything else. The feeling of someone else in your home, rummaging through your things just takes so much more than possessions away from you. I am glad to hear that your children are alright and they didn't do more damage to you. Hang in there, I wish you all the best.

• 1 month later...