When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

One in a Row

lanikai

Ok .. may not be a big deal for most members here.. but ... fo Lanikai.. it's the first one..

I finally said WTF.. jus do it.. :rolleyes:

it's rather simple really .. I jus went with the mantra.. take your time !! easy does it..

and I really surprised ma self.. :)

The reason I had to swap the hands.. I sent this in for AR (not chief) and DW swap.. but the second hand was dangling and the min. and hour hands were damaged.. so my dealer sent me new hands

and what this means to me .. next will be to remove the dial and attempt to repair the keyless works on my SMP .. I need to wait until I say

WTF again.. :D

so this now has Chiefs AR crystal..

I know not a big deal .. but I posted cause for me this is one time I didn't break something.. :p

tagwithchiefarhandswap0ul9.jpg

tagwithchiefarhandswap0rc0.jpg

Congrats! It's nerve wracking when you're trying to repair a mechanical watch...makes me appreciate the efforts of our esteemed modder(s) even more!

Thanks Shundi.... but more importantly.. Don't ya Dare ever change your avatar... and post more will ya.. B)

Congrats man, now you got me wondering how much does it take to get the WTF level?! :bleh:

you must be very proud and happy, you deserve that next beer!

Thanks Chino.. all this means is I can move on to the next step :)

FxrAndy Posted Today, 10:56 AM

well done, it feels good to wear a watch that you have made or fixed your self, dont it

10-4 that !!

Cats Posted Today, 10:27 AM

Wow Lanikai great job.

I'm still don't dear to fix the missing lume marker on my Noob mariner.

Think i just have to do it.

Carpe Diem

Cats

you'll know when your ready Cats .. happened for me when I was "quiet" inside.. :D

@P4GTR.. good to see ya man..

Well done. I've played around with this with success too, and it's very rewarding. I've screwed up movements swapping datewheels mind you...and now that I have AJS's guide with pics...I'm going to dive back into seeing if I can put all the pieces back together properly. I haven't tried the crystal thing though.

It looks like you need a Senna Link Chrono like LordRasta...the dial and green would go well with the ink.

reading posts like this makes me wanna take the TZ course, too bad I can't make the time for it yet.

=)

know what you mean C.. well you can alway's be like me .. learn by mistakes.. :rolleyes: .. or improvise.. i don't know the way everybody else gets the second hand on.. but I put a pinch of radico on the hand tool stuck the hand on it and it popped right into the cannon pin thingi..

I see one of pugs pics with a toothpick he fashioned into a cool piece to put the hand on.. leave it to Pug.. B)

@TT.. agree.. thanks for reminding me.. I keep putting off ordering the AS Tag.. cause my dealer say's something about the case back not being correct.. but that wouldn't bother me ..

know what you mean C.. well you can alway's be like me .. learn by mistakes.. :rolleyes: .. or improvise.. i don't know the way everybody else gets the second hand on.. but I put a pinch of radico on the hand tool stuck the hand on it and it popped right into the cannon pin thingi..

I see one of pugs pics with a toothpick he fashioned into a cool piece to put the hand on.. leave it to Pug.. B)

@TT.. agree.. thanks for reminding me.. I keep putting off ordering the AS Tag.. cause my dealer say's something about the case back not being correct.. but that wouldn't bother me ..

That AS Tag with the Jakub/Chief treatment looks smokin'!! I don't know anything about Tag casebacks...haven't done my research on them yet.

As to the second hand...that's exactly what I do...get down low with a lump of Rodico and my loupe on, and try to lift that hand and get the pin in the hole. It's tricky and makes you realize how gentle you have to be with that second hand...it's so easy to bend as it's so thin!! Once it's lined up, press down with the hand tool bit.

Outstanding work, Lani. It looks like a professional job.

Well done. :1a:

Thank you very much freddy ... now I can see about removing the dial.... can I use the hand removing tool to remove the cannon pin.. to take off the dial ?? I need to learn ab out the keyless works.. more to point the set lever.. I messed up more than one movements keyless works and am anxious to attempt a fix on them..

thanks in adance if anyone can answer ..

Aloha

lani