When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

not 1 comment?

fotoman

So i posted a photo of some straps and watches here - http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=84868

the point was to show a nice range of color in straps which i think is missing from most of the watches that are commonplace here. - i originally posted it in general discussion - because, i wanted to talk about strap colors - it got moved to my collection - which isn't a good fit.

But, there was not 1 reply - i don't think i've ever had a thread that was at least half interesting that didn't get 1 reply - does nobody go to that section?

or, has the turnover in newer membership mean that no one knows who i am anymore and just drifts over the post in the "new posts" search.

surprised. I thought it was a cool photo and was really different to what is usually seen around these parts.

So i posted a photo of some straps and watches here - http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=84868

the point was to show a nice range of color in straps which i think is missing from most of the watches that are commonplace here. - i originally posted it in general discussion - because, i wanted to talk about strap colors - it got moved to my collection - which isn't a good fit.

But, there was not 1 reply - i don't think i've ever had a thread that was at least half interesting that didn't get 1 reply - does nobody go to that section?

or, has the turnover in newer membership mean that no one knows who i am anymore and just drifts over the post in the "new posts" search.

surprised. I thought it was a cool photo and was really different to what is usually seen around these parts.

To be honest, it's not a section I spend much time in, but I'm sorry I missed it, as it's an awesome photo, and really nice watches. The strap on the Corum is awesome, it reminds me of a strap I saw about a year ago on a California Radiomir, which had been made from leather reclaimed from a rail carriage.

Don't get too down about it, I expected the Planet Ocean canvas I did to sell, but sadly, other than appreciative comments on the artwork, no one's expressed any interest in buying it. I guess that's just the way things are from time to time :)

And I may have to buy it for vanity sake since it was based on my photo. :p

Seriously, I'm always surprised on what sells and what doesn't around here - actually on TZ too come to think of it. I'll have a watch that I think is going to go like hotcakes and it sits and yet something I was ready to take a beating on and just blow out comes under a bidding war in the first five minutes. Go figure...

Don't get too down about it, I expected the Planet Ocean canvas I did to sell, but sadly, other than appreciative comments on the artwork, no one's expressed any interest in buying it. I guess that's just the way things are from time to time :)

And I may have to buy it for vanity sake since it was based on my photo. :p

Seriously, I'm always surprised on what sells and what doesn't around here - actually on TZ too come to think of it. I'll have a watch that I think is going to go like hotcakes and it sits and yet something I was ready to take a beating on and just blow out comes under a bidding war in the first five minutes. Go figure...

:lol:

If you really want it, fantastic, but don't feel obliged, amigo :)

Don't you guys ever use the "view new posts" option?

It shows all the new posts made in all different subforums... no new posts go unnoticed that way.

I use it all the time... it's actully my "main browsing method". :)

While I understand the reasoning behind (primarily) picture threads being moved (usually without notice to the original poster), I think it is a bad idea & for the reasons Pho cited. I can only speak for myself, but my main draw is the discussion & technology involved in reps, not the pictures (although I love to see them, I tend to go to TZ, VRF or Google when searching for those). So posts relegated to those sections generally get ignored. And, based on Phoband's comments, apparently, I am far from alone in my browsing habits.

And while on the subject of moved threads - It really bugs me when Mods begin picture threads in the Rolex forum (it may also happen in other forums, but I rarely visit those) just a day or 2 after a similar thread that I started was immediately (& quietly) relocated to the black hole that is the Photography forum by the very same Mod. :huh:

Not a biggie, but it does feel kind of double-standardish to me.

@freddy: Who is this mod?

I have never moved a Rolex-related thread to "photography forum". Actually I wasn't even aware we have such forum. I have (mainly) moved only brand-related posts by newbies (who post them to General Discussion).

Please post a link to the thread in question (the one that annoyed you, that got moved).

Thanks.

Edit: Or are you referring to some other forum?

@freddy: Who is this mod?

I have never moved a Rolex-related thread to "photography forum". Actually I wasn't even aware we have such forum. I have (mainly) moved only brand-related posts by newbies (who post them to General Discussion).

Please post a link to the thread in question (the one that annoyed you, that got moved).

Sorry, but I have no idea which Mod does the moving since no one ever alerts me. Both sample 1 & sample 2 are Rolex-related, so I thought they would be of greatest interest to the Rolex community that habits the Rolex forum. Maybe I should have said something at the time, but I did not think it important enough to make waves.

Dunno who moved them but I agree. Absolutely no need to move those posts anywhere from the Rolex section. They're in correct places in both sections, and it's the poster's choice where to put them (imho).

I moved them back.

The only "violation" is when people post Rolex/Omega/Breitling etc. -related posts and questions to General Discussion, in order to get bigger exposure for them. That's really annoying and I usually only move those. The brand-specific subforum thing is working really well (imho), and hats off to members for "adapting" to this system so well.

Don't you guys ever use the "view new posts" option?

It shows all the new posts made in all different subforums... no new posts go unnoticed that way.

I use it all the time... it's actully my "main browsing method". :)

It's my only browsing method.

Here's my shortcut to RWG:

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?act=Se...amp;CODE=getnew

i only use the new posts option, its the only efficient way to check out the forum

to reiterate though, my post was not a breitling, corum or pam post - it was certainly not my collection. the point was to show off the straps - since there is no photo straps section - then, i think it should properly be put in general discussion. it was a thread started to be about the general topic of strap colors.

its really not a big deal, and i know the mods have to deal with lots of threads, but, i think they shouldn't be so quick to move, in fact, mine was moved SO quick, that when i was reading it right after i hit post, and forgot too put a term in there. i hit edit and it was already gone. not sure how it was even read that fast.

anywho - i may have to sell the pam or the corum - so if anyone is interested :)