When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Pugwash's Breitling Skyland pictorial

Pugwash

I just got a new watch, courtesy of the great LordRasta, and was considering doing a review, but there are better ones than I'd write listed in the Breitling Guide. Besides, you all just want to see pictures, right?

Without any further ado, here's my new Skyland!

Clicking a picture enlarges it.

skyland-01-640.jpg

All shots are taken in harsh light to show just how good the AR is - best I've seen on a rep out of the box!

skyland-02-640.jpg

I never wear this kind of watch on the steel bracelet, and I already have a leather strap waitling for this, but I didn't own a rubber strap, so I took the opportunity to get this one.

skyland-03-640.jpg

What a gorgeous dial!

skyland-04-640.jpg

Here's a comparison of the BCE and the Skyland. See how much deeper the Skyland is?

skyland-05-640.jpg

bce-04-640.jpg

Nice piece Pug. Hey, different lighting on this shoot. Certainly atypical setups for your style. What are you doing differently. It looks like you are experimenting with fill flash or something?

Let's see ... I took these shots in the kitchen with no camera lights and no light box, just harsh kitchen spots. Some shots are exceedingly long exposures and a lot are stopped doen -1/3ev or -2/3ev to stop the highlights burning out, then brought back up in iPhoto.

Why harsh lighting? Three reasons - first, because I wanted to show the AR and that sort of lighting does the best job. Second, I just got home from a night away from home (Mogwai gig in Edinburgh) and didn't have time to set everything up. ;)

And yes, it always pays to experiment with different lighting. Oh, and the third reason for the kitchen? It's a homage to Ubiquitous's granite surface. ;)

I just got one of these (yesterday) from a member here too (xslyyx - thanks again!). I'll add my pics here instead of making a new thread (hope that's cool?).

Few rubbish pics (including my wrong way watch wearing) as I'm only using my camera phone.

23102008138.jpg

23102008139.jpg

23102008140.jpg

23102008141.jpg