When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

How do you tell between the new and old ceramic GMT II-C?

bklm1234

The horizontal portion of the 6 curves down on the full ceramic and the GEN. It is straight on the sandwich dial. I think the Rolex branding on the rehaut also starts at 9 o'clock on the full ceramic but is off on the sandwich bezel. Bring a loop with you, may be hard to tell with the naked eye.

Full ceramic

gmtiicfullceramic05jf9.jpg

Sandwich bezel

gmtiicsandwichceramic02uj0.jpg

wow, I am never going to be able to tell. is this something new, what is a full ceramic, and what is a sandwich ceramic?

I am with your here. this is the first time I heard about full ceramic and sandwich (full ceramic means that the insert is real ceramic insert???), if that is the case can I just get a bezel insert and replace it.......

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Hm, can't edit my post. Threw this together:

post-13138-1225244880_thumb.jpg

The different rep insert is not better, it is just different. 1 insert gets 1 thing right & another wrong, while the next insert gets a different thing right & a different thing wrong. Compare the shape of the island inside the 4 & you will see what I mean. These differences do not demonstrate any type of conscious effort by a factory to fix or improve anything. Instead, it is just yet another example of different parts being made from different plans or by different people.

The bezel font is thinner - very close to gen. The original IIc numbers are very thick, discernible to the naked eye.

While the original bezel had thick numbers, the numbers on the newer sandwich bezels actually are thinner than the GEN.

The different rep insert is not better, it is just different. 1 insert gets 1 thing right & another wrong, while the next insert gets a different thing right & a different thing wrong. Compare the shape of the island inside the 4 & you will see what I mean. These differences do not demonstrate any type of conscious effort a factory to fix or improve anything. Instead, it is just yet another example of different parts being made from different plans or by different people.

I see what you mean Freddy, Still looks like an improvement, but the differences are so minor.

Edited by jot9011

the numbers on the old sandwhich might be a little fatter, but proportionally, they look closer to gen to me...looking at the comparo photo between the 2 reps and the gen, the inner rehaut engraving hasn't changed, you can see that the "x" stars to wander out past the 2 oclock hour marker instead of aligning exactly to it