When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Mid-Week Wristies

freddy333

Since it is after midnight (now officially Wednesday) & no one east of me has started 1, I guess it is up to me to begin the mid-week wristies.

Not embarrassed at all to show where MY gas escapes from

5514glamour0101.jpg

Nice Freddy!!!

Well never say never; PVD watches have not been "my thing" but with the new FGD dials I thought I'd like to give one a whirl. This is a DSN 009, the gunmetal tone of DSN's PVD is fantastic. I have to say it's really growing on me -a nice Micah strap to compliment it doesn't hurt either ;) . I'm just waiting for the new T PVD crowns and have the FGD dial swapped and voila a Pre-A 009!

DSC_0413A.jpg

Wearing my DJ again, but today I had a reason to wear a dress watch. A suit fitting. RobbieG is getting married...Can you believe it? Here is today's wristie and stay tuned for the back story...

Datejust2.jpg

So the back story is that we are having a small ceremony at Stevie Wynn's new Encore in LV. Small guest list and then dinner at SW Steakhouse for 25 in lieu of a reception. So what is the significance of the dress watch slant in the wristies today you ask? I long since decided I wouldn't wear a tux at my own wedding. Bad enough I have to wear one at other people's weddings from time to time. Anyway, I did decide yesterday that I was going to have Armani do a make to measure suit for me and it turns out that they are coming to Saks by me in a couple of weeks. Perfect timing. So I did some fabric picking and some other consultation type stuff ahead of the fitting today, which was fun but exhausting. I am passionate about suits - almost as much as watches. Like watches, suits are very much a product of ones taste and even if you like the look of something, it might not like you. As an example, I love the look of both Zegna and Canali, but they just don't fit me well. But Armani? Most look like they were made to measure off the rack for me. Always have been. It is a strange thing. Anyway, I can't imagine how good custom Armani will be for me. Never took that plunge before so it should be fun. I know I'm not the only watch guy that enjoys dressing up once and a while and looking like a million bucks.

Moving along to the front story, one can't have a new custom suit to get married in without having a new watch to go with it right? Right. So I think I have decided on a nice simple, elegant piece that suits the occasion. As many of you know, I have had my sights on a Lange 1, but being that I want a white metal and for that watch unfortunately platinum is the only choice, $40K for an L1 is to say the least a bit out of the budget given all the rest of the stuff I have to spring for. I can have this VC for much less than half of that and I think it is timeless. If anyone has any other suggesstions for dress watches in a WG in the $15K range I would love to hear it. Wish me luck. OK, gotta go meet my attorney and work on the pre-nup. LOL...

87172-000r-9302.jpg

Yeah - not just suits either. Anything made exceptionally well falls into that same category for me. Furniture is another example. I just love nice stuff I guess. I'm not a fashion victim though and I'm not a brand guy. I despise Prada and Tommy and many others that are hot as examples. I just like simple elegant stuff that isn't trendy. Same goes for watches. I guess that explains why I still wear 36MM watches despite the fact the big watches are "in". Classic is never "out" - especially if you are at least middle aged. It is much harder to look cool when you are 20 than when you are 40...

Congrats all 'round. Can't say I'm a suit guy...but I can certainly appreciate an eye for details and design. The VC is beautiful...simple and elegant...a fine choice.

I just figure I'm only gonna do it once ya know? And yes, biz has been real good. It sure wouldn't be if my biz involved borrowing anything though. Tough stuff all around in those camps.

We may come out of it quicker than thought though. Weirdness afoot and good things spawn of that as well as bad so you never know. If I were a postion trader (and I'm not) and I were holding overnight or longer I wouldn't want to be short right now. Then again I wouldn't want to be long either...

glad to see the financial crisis isn't affecting everyone