When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

WM9 and Euromariner ETA

Guest Dr.TuB

Neither of them is "Correct". A Rolex 3135 would be correct... Both movements should be fine coming from either of those dealers and if you're really concerned, you can service them but I doubt you'd need with either of those sellers...

I'd use the search feature for reviews or comparisons of the WM9 and the Euromariner or wait for BK, tribal, The Zigmeister, or one of the others who specializes in modding these pieces to comment, if they see this thread and choose to do so...As long as it's a 28.8k swiss eta movement, it fits the case, and it's in good working order there should be nothing to worry about :)

This is a BK's answer to movement question at RG

"Yes, these come with 2678-2. 2678-2 is indeed a smaller movement used in ladies' watches. It's in no way an inferior movement. It has the same beat rate and power reserve. The plus is there's no chance for it to be a fake ETA 'cause none exists for 2678-2. wm9 will ensure the overall weight of the watch is as close to gen's by use of a proper weighted movement ring, no less than other versions with 2836-2. I'm also hoping 2678-2 has better, more even datewheel because I have seen enough 2836-2's that don't have every date square in the date window."

He he.... i have at the moment a COPY eta 2678-2 in my hands....and i have it for almost a year, at my watch box with useless crap spare parts.

Its a very very bad copy movement.

I will post pics later... he he..

This movement came with a ladys datejust...and it was the worst movement ever!!

ps:there will always be copy eta...as there are original Rolex 3135 movement copy exactly the same....i can post also pics from the copy 3135.

ps:there will always be copy eta...as there are original Rolex 3135 movement copy exactly the same....i can post also pics from the copy 3135.

I'd sure love to see the copy 3135, EPZ. I keep waiting for that one to start showing up, I'd love to see it, buy it, install it in a rep/franken!

Here is a photo comparison of a gen and rep movement.

These watch was send to Rolex for a service..and thing gone all wrong....they realized that they were looking at a SUPERB 3135 copy...and so they destroyed the movement by bending it!!

Enjoy these litle pics as these are the only ones that i have personaly looked on the web!

First Gen then rep:

1210329285G.jpg

1210329241R1.jpg

Look what they have done to this "king" of rep movement!!

1210327347R2.jpg

1210327230R2.jpg

He he.... i have at the moment a COPY eta 2678-2 in my hands....and i have it for almost a year, at my watch box with useless crap spare parts.

Its a very very bad copy movement.

I will post pics later... he he..

This movement came with a ladys datejust...and it was the worst movement ever!!

Wow... that complicates things about the WM9 claims that it is a gen ETA movement.. If it is a rep, and a very bad rep movement . . .i dont know.. :unsure:

We have to wait....

What made wm9 to use a different movement in his new sub...? strange, isnt it?

Wow... that complicates things about the WM9 claims that it is a gen ETA movement.. If it is a rep, and a very bad rep movement . . .i dont know.. :unsure:

Um, huh?

1 - WM9 claims its a gen ETA movement.

2 - Someone points out that there is a crappy copy of that ETA in ladies reps.

3 - you decide that WM9 is using the crappy copies?

Re-read the thread. WM9 is using ETA parts, according to experts.

Um, huh?

Well said!! I only talk about that there is a copy of the "small size" eta movement! WM9 uses gen eta movement!! Dont take it the wrong way :p ..... All i said was only for information that the copy eta exists also in ladys size!

These watch was send to Rolex for a service..and thing gone all wrong....they realized that they were looking at a SUPERB 3135 copy...and so they destroyed the movement by bending it!!

Enjoy these litle pics as these are the only ones that i have personaly looked on the web!

First Gen then rep:

1210329285G.jpg

1210329241R1.jpg

1210327347R2.jpg

1210327230R2.jpg

Oww, that is painful to look at :black_eye: . I remember about a couple of years ago, there was some talk on one of the forums that work was being done to replicate the Rolex Day-Date movement exactly. It was also mentioned that progress was down to a fully operational prototype and that is was left up to testing to figure out how to mass produce, maybe that was one of them?? Gee, I gotta search to see if I can find that thread :cc_detective: . Either way, if that was a copy movement, wow, it would have fooled me. Stuff like that really makes you doubt everything you see on the web, which in a way, can improve Rolex's buisiness ("the only way to ensure you are getting the real thing, is to buy directly at a Rolex AD").

Interesting stuff 8)

Um, huh?

3. i did NOT say i decide anything. We just talk.

1. If a dealer claims something i cease to have any right to question it? It is your right to believe anything the dealers say to you, it is also my right to question it.

2. Yes, i read that. Tribal seemed to be confused about how they managed it to fit it. I just followed his thought. Plus, BK, who i trust, said that no copy of that movement exists...however another member, elprimerozen, said that he has a copy of this movement.

So do i have the right to be skeptical? Or am i denied this right ?

Anyway, excuse me if you think i am being rude. It is mot my intention pugwash :)

First Gen then rep:

1210329285G.jpg

1210329241R1.jpg

1210327347R2.jpg

1210327230R2.jpg

So I guess this seller from Korea is selling some DJ's with fake movements?

d0015202_490d9f14b4793.jpg

But here is another pic of a 3135 and it looks the same as well. So is the top picture rep or bottom in your comparison pictures? A

Rolex05b.jpg

On the wm9 public forum i started a thread about this and George gave the information that this smaller movement will make possible to use a bigger solid bronze retaining ring to the movement so that the weight will be exactly the same of the Gen- 135g with the new holow mid link bracelet installed.

WM9 was normally 2836-2

i can't believe they put a Eta 2678-2 in it.

Diameter of this movement is 7,75" = 17,2mm

How will they manage to get the date at the right Position?

I'm really confused about this

On the wm9 public forum i started a thread about this and George gave the information that this smaller movement will make possible to use a bigger solid bronze retaining ring to the movement so that the weight will be exactly the same of the Gen- 135g with the new holow mid link bracelet installed.

QUOTE (Tribal @ Nov 6 2008, 10:02 AM)

WM9 was normally 2836-2

i can't believe they put a Eta 2678-2 in it.

Diameter of this movement is 7,75" = 17,2mm

How will they manage to get the date at the right Position?

I'm really confused about this