When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

group buy of the best of the best UPO

dan156

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is my 42mm PO with AR, sapphire crystal, bracelet, ETA clone movement keeping exact time....a beaut...

fulldialviewgood.jpg

and the orange bezel 42mm version....same specs ....

dialreflection.jpg

really nice pics tmeister, but this looks like the UPO that every dealer here sells

the logo has big toes! and the AR looks nice, but a double AR would look amazing

im losing hope on this, too good to be true,

and if it does happen, Omega wouldnt be really happy about it, they'd go out of business!!

come on people its just a couple of mods!!

• 2 weeks later...
Silix PO unfortunately have a lot of flaws but the logo.

Best 42mm PO out of the box was the well known 4th gen.

Main flaws to be corrected are:

logo placement

bracelet (there was a big gap between the firts two links if i remember right)

pearl

Ar (genuine has a very good ar coating)

I'm not very confident in this kind of "projects" either.

By the way, Silix already made an attemp and his PO was one of the worst, it had a very good logo but overall was full of mistakes .

The worst flaw the 4th generation has is the lume falling off the markers, it happens to most people. Forgot to mention that the lume doesn't glow bright at all, they need to add more lume into their paint mix when they build this watch. People don't seem to realize that these are still replicas and due to that they are very cheaply made even though you are spending over $200 on it.

I'd possibly be interested in the watch if this flaw was corrected and also a correct crown and proper omega logo without feet on it. Another flaw mentioned is there's a gap on the links by the lugs I think.

ETA only for me though, no cheap asian movement.

Go 5th gen.

Edited by amptor1

i personally wouldn't expect this to happen in the next 6 months, maybe even more

i think that manufacturers already know about the mistakes that the UPO has, everybody has been critisizing it since it came out

and fixing changing these details costs alo,

however, people are still buying it, so the these small details dont matter to them

so why make a whole new watch when the one u have is already selling well?

I was told that the guy in charge of making the 42.5mm PO is "bored" with it and that's why he stopped. The cartel bought the last of his complete time pieces so they could hoard them and drive up the price, and some other dealers were able to get some parts that were left over and build franken watches out of those.

It would be cool if the guy would give it another shot. I believe the 45mm is made in a different factory and that is why it was produced longer than the 42.5.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...