When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

group buy of the best of the best UPO

dan156

Some of the more experienced members say that this probably won't work. I'm not sure if it will, but these experienced guys know alot more about this stuff than me (a noob). I wish this group buy with the mods would work, but I also wish I'd win the lottery. Don't know if either will happen

Anyway, in another rep forum, someone created a hybrid UPO by sending their UPO to one of the watch mod guys to install a gen crystal, dial and hands in the UPO. The watch looked really great, but the total price was close to $900. I know the group buy wouldn't necessarily include gen crystal, hands and dial, but the manufacturer would have to mod the rep dial some how or get another rep dial manufactured, and that sounds like a big task.

From my limited knowledge, you might need to first find a dealer that will supply the bulk UPO buy and then find a watch mod guy to peform the modifications.

But then again what the hell do I know.

Riis

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe people are entitled to their opinion and this might not work. What I do know is that Daytona4Me did a group buy with three colors of the 42mm, clone eta movement, and retailing it for $175. He sold about 75 pieces. So, a group buy is possible, it is just up to one of the dealers or elder members here to take the initiative to get this going. I am going to continue to talk to the ones I know, and nothing may come of it. But I am going to at least try.

well .. a forum post that divides.. hmmm thats new(LOL) .. if it does or does not get of the ground i do not now.. We as a forum always pick on the flaws of the reps. and wish for this and that . well lets see if this forum and its members can stand up and say we will not settle for wrong logos poor AR all wrong pearls and so on.. Lets get behind the dealer(s) that can provide a service that we have always asked for..

Lets gets some numbers of what we need,prices say(50$000) (75$000) (100$000)

Just a comment from a little old NOOB>>>>>>>

JC:

I understand what you are saying. I am sure there is a market for the Supreme/Ultimate/Super Reps with gen movements. I mean with Omega, the parts are out there. Me personally, I my goal out of this thing is to have the dealers have enough interest, to correct the existing flaws on the 4th Gen UPO, and give us a solid rep with a good movement at a reasonable price. I personally, am not trying to come up with something that will make the Rep Hall of Fame. That group buy the Daytona4me did was the blueprint. The watch wasn't perfect, but it was a very good rep at a VERY good price. Once again, my thoughts. If someone wants to pursue the Holy Grail of reps, by all means, go for it and God Bless.

Ok my noob experience says that this group shouldn't be hard. Silix is the man with the perfect logo.

Somehow infiltrate his supplier for these logos and transplant them to the current UPO dial. Then sell it for under $150-175

Thats all we want!

Edited by beefy6969

Ok my noob experience says that this group shouldn't be hard. Silix is the man with the perfect logo.

Somehow infiltrate his supplier for these logos and transplant them to the current UPO dial. Then sell it for under $150-175

Thats all we want!

I want a bit more... what about a correct pearl?

Correct pearl

Correct logo

Better dial resolution

Lume

AR? (I think the gen doesn't have it)

Probably more than 175 USD, but seller just need to add multiple choices regarding movements.

Think big :)

Silix PO unfortunately have a lot of flaws but the logo.

Best 42mm PO out of the box was the well known 4th gen.

Main flaws to be corrected are:

logo placement

bracelet (there was a big gap between the firts two links if i remember right)

pearl

Ar (genuine has a very good ar coating)

I'm not very confident in this kind of "projects" either.

By the way, Silix already made an attemp and his PO was one of the worst, it had a very good logo but overall was full of mistakes .

Well .. who would of thought my a little tread can stir up so much interest.

There seams a few people out there who would love to the proud owner of one of these classics.. while i am dreaming about this U UPO.. i wonder if we get say 100 people to buy one.. can we get them numbered differernt. LIKE the ORIS. Just a dream and make them that little bit more collectable..

Dan:

No you are on to something. I think we all want this. Honestly, it might not take 100 pieces to get this done, it will just take a dealer willing to commit. I am going to keep pushing. There are other boards, I am sure if they knew they could sell half their inventory up front, they might just do it.

I'm interested in a correct case 42mm with an Orange numbers dial and black bezel.

I have a 42mm ETA with gen hands and I do not wear it because the HE valve is not correctly placed higher than the 10 mark.

This has really bothered me since I wore a gen 42.

If we can get a correct case I'm in with any movement.

Jim

im also in (depending on price)

but just to be safe i think the payment should be structured like this.

We all pay into an escrow (maybe RWG.cc owner).

Once everyone has paid in the escrow releases 1/5 of the payment to the dealer

Once 1/5 of the people receive their watches the escrow releases another 1/5 payment and so on

so if people get burned we only get burned for 1/5th our money.