When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

group buy of the best of the best UPO

dan156

Yeah, I am with Pug. If we can find a dealer to work with us on this, then you pay him. It may be like a pre-order situation, but then the onus lies with him. I don't think any of us want to set up an escrow account where the funds are used to buy rep merchandise. That's just asking for trouble.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well of course i'd be interested, especially in a 42 black bezel SS band, with flaws corrected n AR. who wouldn't be?

but it seems the more experienced members are staying conspicuously quiet or out of it altogether. that might be telling us something...

still, i appreciate those who are putting in the time and effort...

imo, just from business experience, the simpler the deal, the more of a chance a GB has. pick a dealer that's very well respected and known here. we can then all be comfortable paying upfront (w/ credit card?) and the dealer's got too much rwg profile and too many long-term customers to risk screwing us over just one deal. keep the UPO variations very small: one size, one color bezel, band options only perhaps. what's universally most important to all of us seems to be the AR, the logo and other corrected flaws, maybe lume, quality movement, and high QC at the best possible price. that's the only point of the GB imo; otherwise, everyone could just order to their specs a la carte off the catalogs...

• 2 weeks later...

As much as I would like to see this groupbuy happen, its probably not.

Selling a perfect watch means no opportunity for re-releases. It does not make economic sense for them to do so.

But I wish you guys all the best for this project. I can't afford to wait for it to take off. I received my UPO a week ago. Am now collecting parts for a franken project.

Kindest Regards

Siesta181

As much as I would like to see this groupbuy happen, its probably not.

Selling a perfect watch means no opportunity for re-releases. It does not make economic sense for them to do so.

But I wish you guys all the best for this project. I can't afford to wait for it to take off. I received my UPO a week ago. Am now collecting parts for a franken project.

Kindest Regards

Siesta181

Ditto

Bought one myself last week. Its heading off to be lumed next week, then I will be looking out for Cheiftang's next AR run ;)

Well .. It looks like there is not gonig to any Xmas upo for us.. It was worth a try.. maybe one day.. It looks like we will have to be kept down by the dealers who keep giving us a tatse of perfection, but just like life, always JUST fall short of our expectations (LOL)..

At least we are sharing our money around.. with the people that support our habaits... Enjoy your love of the watch..

Dan156

• 1 month later...
:rolleyes: If somebody could reproduce the 4th gen 42mm PO, fix the logo and crown, and double AR the crystal, that's a dream come true for me. I've been scoping for an orange bezel PO to start my collection and will likely add on another black bezel PO. My wrist is a bit small for the UPO.