When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New Site Banned by RWI

Guest Klink2

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:D:D

Hey iceberg.. nothing personal but would you mind removing this one ?? I work with kids who participate in the "Special Olympics" .. it is the World to them and the smiles on their faces .. win loose or tie is priceless.. I really find this poster to be very cruel to those who had no choice as to how they entered the World..

they are special to me..all of them and calling anyone of them "Retarded" is very hurtful.. "gifted.. Mentally Challenged ... learning disabled" .. anything please but Retarded.. it sounds like a "moral" deficiency

right now the State is trying to cut off funds to the SP ... and that would mean that these kids would loose more than just an "activity".. for one time a year they can feel that they are winners and people actually cheer for them instead of make fun of them.. so if we have to fund raise or dig in our own pockets.. these kids will have their day of being Champions !!!!

it just saddens me that this would be thought of as funny .. it's jus a lack of information I guess ..

So it is a request to delete this poster..

Thanks

Randy

I know in my heart iceberg is not being cruel in his mind.. it's just a lack of knowing these special kids and how they really love life .. they are truly innocent and God's gifts ..

maybe in the future all will understand what it means to say... "But for the Grace of God there go I"

Peace ..

Hey iceberg.. nothing personal but would you mind removing this one ?? I work with kids who participate in the "Special Olympics" .. it is the World to them and the smiles on their faces .. win loose or tie is priceless.. I really find this poster to be very cruel to those who had no choice as to how they entered the World..

I agree; the poster is insulting. You should have sent iceberg a PM instead of reposting the picture....kind of defeats the purpose....know what I mean?

I don't think iceberg meant offense in the least. It was a humorous jab. I have also worked with disabled kids and

know when a joke is meant to be just that. Don't be a bunch of cranky old women for christs sake.