When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New Site Banned by RWI

Guest Klink2

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello police?...my name is 'fakemaster' and someone online is calling themselves 'fakemaster'....i would like them arrested.

Would go over well..... :animal_rooster:

Not likely. Sadly anybody can pretty much be anybody else on internet forums as long as you register the name before they do.

are we discussing intellectual properties concerning posts about replicas of intellectual properties? I would love to hear a tape of that phone call...

I was thinking any of Pug's photo tutorials and related pictures.

I didn't visit that forum as I didn't the previous ones...

I don't speak for others but, as a fresh member (01/2007) and even fresher mod, I am really boared about all these guys carrying dramas...

Why don't we leave them alone? :huh:

They have no future in this community anyway. :blink:

I understand that if a member's account is hacked it's a problem but he still can create a new one, isn't it.

Sorry to interfer in the "old members" concerns, but honestly it's not worth the efforts in my humble opinion. :whistling:

The only good answer to these people is to ignore them. They are so phony. :yuk:

The crazy thing about it all, is I believe that it is illegal to impersonate another person, and something like this, could potentially come under a UK statute, Malicious Communications Act... :o I may be wrong, but if I'm right, who ever's doing this could wind up in serious trouble, if people were to take action for being impersonated :o

On a counterfeit trading site? ;)

Don't be daft.

Yes, I'm registered on the site just so no-one pretends to be me.

On a counterfeit trading site? ;)

Don't be daft.

Yes, I'm registered on the site just so no-one pretends to be me.

Counterfeit or not, as photographer, you still have legal rights as 'author' of the photos, regardless of the content ;)

Hi folks, I just got an email message from a long-gone member (not Klink, by the way), informing me of said forum (?) and the association of my forum nic with it: in a word, WTF?

I'm not really active on any rep watch forum these days - my life has moved on both for better and for worse, but that's life...

I'd appreciate a PM from anyone having the address of this apparently mysterious forum so that I can see for myself what the hell is going on....

Best regards to all,

ryyannon

Just an FYI for those concerned...

Cybee is a stand-up contributer at RWI...

Why Klink chose to tarnish him in this fashion is anybodies guess...

I have changed Klink's name on this account from cybee to Klink2...

I then created a new cybee account for the true and original cybee...

The PM's that were sent and this Topic now show Klink2 instead of cybee...

Double T

Just an FYI for those concerned...

Cybee is a stand-up contributer at RWI...

Why Klink chose to tarnish him in this fashion is anybodies guess...

I have changed Klink's name on this account from cybee to Klink2...

I would like to publicly thank TT for making this happen.... it was a shame to see a good guy being pinned for something...

Here's a clarification I posted over on RepGeek:

If you've seen my tutorials over at Klink's new site, Replicat, then you could easily assume that I was invited to post them, or at least my permission was requested prior to their being posted on their forum.

Well, here I am taking a stance and making things clear.

No permission was asked to reproduce my work.

I do not endorse the site and I would ask you, out of respect for myself and other pillars of the replica community whose work has been plagiarised, not to participate in the forum.

A forum is defined by its members and how they are treated. Replicat is doomed to fail for this reason; don't waste your bandwidth.

Feel free to republish this statement on any replica forums where I'm not active.