When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New Site Banned by RWI

Guest Klink2

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JohnG,

I hope (you're a smart guy so I'm sure it's barely worth mentioning but for others) that you didn't use a username or password combination you use for other sites...could be a great way to farm personal info

I used my same username, but I used a random password, a throw-away email (though the site doesn't require activation of membership so any false email would word), and an incorrect b-day.

But yes, people should be careful - would be an easy way to hijack accounts on other sites...

They didn't ask to reprint my Photo tutorials, either.

If this is (as it seems) Klinks site then we have a guy who has shown much contempt for Puggy turning around and stealing his work.

Kinda makes you wonder how low a guy can go.

Ken

If this is (as it seems) Klinks site then we have a guy who has shown much contempt for Puggy turning around and stealing his work.

... and he PMed me today to say "Never a personal attack on Replicat! (Klink makes amends for being a [censored]..)"

So, he offers an olive branch and rips off my work at the same time.

Oh well,it will do as well as fakemasters forum has,i'm sure.... :yuk:

Speaking of which, it looks like Fakemaster is a member there!

Weren't those guys fueding? I lost track of all the intrigue but I thought they hated each other... or was that someone else?

It is quite sad to see the username cybee banned here...not that I am questioning it... but he's a great guy and obviously, these are Klink's words and not his... so i don't know if it was actually him or Phil using his handle... either way, it's bad news...

I recently sent Phil an e-mail to see if there was any way to mediate everything that happened.... he did a lot of bad things, but he's like that one member of your family that you want to help and not completely cast aside... that e-mail was unanswered and now, about 3-4 weeks later, I see this...

I can not believe that Phil would destroy what little prestige he had in this community by creating a board that was full of lies.. he is obviously creating usernames and then posting as those people... i have been told that eurotimez is there and has a section... but i have also been told that every post is a copy of RWG posts.. but done as eutrotimez.... i can not imagine eurotimez being there per my convo's with him, and if he is, i will fully apologize.... but to see his username there with a section and posts without confirmation that it is truly him is troubling to say the least..

It is quite sad to see the username cybee banned here...not that I am questioning it... but he's a great guy and obviously, these are Klink's words and not his... so i don't know if it was actually him or Phil using his handle... either way, it's bad news...

I recently sent Phil an e-mail to see if there was any way to mediate everything that happened.... he did a lot of bad things, but he's like that one member of your family that you want to help and not completely cast aside... that e-mail was unanswered and now, about 3-4 weeks later, I see this...

I can not believe that Phil would destroy what little prestige he had in this community by creating a board that was full of lies.. he is obviously creating usernames and then posting as those people... i have been told that eurotimez is there and has a section... but i have also been told that every post is a copy of RWG posts.. but done as eutrotimez.... i can not imagine eurotimez being there per my convo's with him, and if he is, i will fully apologize.... but to see his username there with a section and posts without confirmation that it is truly him is troubling to say the least..

The crazy thing about it all, is I believe that it is illegal to impersonate another person, and something like this, could potentially come under a UK statute, Malicious Communications Act... :o I may be wrong, but if I'm right, who ever's doing this could wind up in serious trouble, if people were to take action for being impersonated :o

The crazy thing about it all, is I believe that it is illegal to impersonate another person, and something like this, could potentially come under a UK statute, Malicious Communications Act... :o I may be wrong, but if I'm right, who ever's doing this could wind up in serious trouble, if people were to take action for being impersonated :o

Hello police?...my name is 'fakemaster' and someone online is calling themselves 'fakemaster'....i would like them arrested.

Would go over well..... :animal_rooster:

Hello police?...my name is 'fakemaster' and someone online is calling themselves 'fakemaster'....i would like them arrested.

Would go over well..... :animal_rooster:

Any better ideas?

I know it's probably not something which would be taken particularly seriously, unless said impersonation was to be making extremely defamatory, libelous or malicious statements, I was just pointing out the potential legal implications of impersonating another person...

If anything, Pugwash would probably be in a better position to have action taken, due to unauthorized use of his intellectual properties.