When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

iPhone Applications

TwoTone

Well I finally broke down and purchased one...

Having lunch with Nanuq a few weeks back put me over the edge...

So I've spent the last couple of days reading through the various loops here on the phone...

And noticed that we didn't have a dedicated loop for applications/program add-on's...

So...

What have you downloaded that met or exceeded your expectations...

And that has truly enhanced your iPhone experience...

Double T

Don't have one yet, but saw a commercial for a cool APP that you activate and hold your IPhone nect to a stereo speaker when any radio is playing and it identifies the song playing and brings you to an Itunes page to purchase the song!

Pretty Sick... not sure if that is an included app or an add-on.

Cheers,

M

Ah, TT is over to the dark side now too! Muwahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaa

They are extremely useful, and the apps are great.

Shazam bites, so get Midomi for grabbing and identifying music.

TouchCalc is an amazing scientific calculator.

Simplify lets you load up your friends' music without going through iTunes

Of course we all NEED a binary clock.....

HereIAm is pretty useful to tell your friends where you are geographically... but it formats the lat/long wrong before sending. Easy to correct.

AeroWeather is good for seeing METAR and near-realtime weather

Google Earth is amazing

Translator for .... you guessed it! Good language pairs

Flycast is super breakable but Pandora is great for listening to free streaming music all day.

I also paid for a Starmap program that's pretty amazing.

Cleartune is a free, and very accurate, guitar tuner

Congrats Double-T!!!

Wooo Ok lemme run through mine:

Paid:

HoldEm

BBD2 (BrickBreaker on steriods)

CroMag racing (addicting)

Free:

Simplify (essential...check out their website (google Simplify Media) )

Facebook

AIM

Say Who (Voice Dialing)

Remote (Control iTunes on your computer via your home wireless network- great for parties!)

Bank Of America

If Found

eBay

Lightsaber (useless but so fun)

Cube Runner (Addicting!)

iTalk- lets you record those meetings

Midomi/Shazam - lets you ID a song just by holding the iPhone up while it's playing out of a speaker, etc

That's it.

I'd HIGHLY recommend:

Cube Runner

If Found

Remote

Say Who

and

Simplify

Enjoy!! Feel free to PM me if you need anything else!

Well I finally broke down and purchased one...

Having lunch with Nanuq a few weeks back put me over the edge...

So I've spent the last couple of days reading through the various loops here on the phone...

And noticed that we didn't have a dedicated loop for applications/program add-on's...

So...

What have you downloaded that met or exceeded your expectations...

And that has truly enhanced your iPhone experience...

Double T

based on this i will only post the apps i actually regularly use or exceed my expectations

-Pandora (streaming radio, the best!)

-Facebook

-TWINKLE (seriously, probbaly my most used app)

-Shovel (read digg stories)

-Weatherbug

-Bloomberg (check the falling stock prices)

-AirMe (great, actually maybe the only app that works with flickr)

-SayWho (voice dialer)

-FakeCalls (get me outta this boring/crappy/whatever)

-iTV (tv listings)

-KICKMap (must have if you're in nyc.. it's the mta subway lines.. in a very readable format)

-Sportacular

-Grovery List

-WootOn!

games: (bought outta boredom)

-Starwars Unleashed

-Spore

-CannonGame

-JewelQuestII

-FlickFishing

the next section.. is a personal use of mine.. lately my iPhone has been my hub for GTD.. Getting Things Done (if you don't know.. google GTD or whatnot)

I call this section my necessities! anyhows.. I'm in a serious mode of GTDing and my iPhone is my productivity mastermind..

-JOTT (amazing app, transcribes voice to text.. at its core, it's your own personal transcriber but it does so much more

-Evernote

-Toodledo

but yea.. if I need to rate my top 3 apps..

Jott, Evernote and Twinkle

^_^

Essential: Air Sharing or FileMagnet (I have both)

Good: Vicinity, Twitterific, Instapaper, Palringo, Midomi, iTalk

Games: Trace, Super Monkey Ball, Big Bang Games, Vegas Pool Sharks Lite, Koi Pond

Geek: iSSH, TouchTerm, Google Earth, Wikipanion

Silly fun: Mini Piano, Lightsaber, SpeedBox, Dual Level, Seismometer

Bold apps are not free

I downloaded a few apps when I got the iPhone, and downloaded a load more today :) I've downloaded...

Where To?

iTalk

Remote

Translator

Google Earth

Flashlight

Zippo Lighter

MiniPiano

BubbleWrap

iTicTac

Sol Free

Shazam

Blocks Classic Lite

Lightsaber

iQur'an

iPray Pro

The ones which have been of the most use, would be Flashlight, Translator and iTalk, where the one which has most enhanced my iPhone would have to be iQur'an

All these applications mentioned have got me flicking through the apps store and downloading some great freebies, and taking note of some great paid apps I'd love to get when I have some spare cash. Given the limited space on a single display screen, I was wondering, how many 'screens' are people using for their apps? How are your screens organized? (are they organized? :lol: )

Hey man, instead of staring at your screen, how about returning one of those 4 emails I've sent you? ;)

lol

"email? what email? I don't remember any email"

best part about that hack is the wallpaper changes every 15 seconds to another picture :o There are about 90 in rotation.

• 2 weeks later...
Is there a program that will allow me to convert a DVD...

I've tried Xilisoft iPod Video Converter but it doesn't seem to do DVD's...

Thanks,

TT

If you mean rip a DVD for watching the movie on the iPhone, then try Handbrake. I use it on an Intel Mac, but also exists for Windows and Linux, works flawless with the right settings and is for free.

All these applications mentioned have got me flicking through the apps store and downloading some great freebies, and taking note of some great paid apps I'd love to get when I have some spare cash. Given the limited space on a single display screen, I was wondering, how many 'screens' are people using for their apps? How are your screens organized? (are they organized? :lol: )

I LOVE teh iPhone and can't see myself without one anymore.. it ain't even a phone it's a lifestyle application, literally

as for me I have about 6 screens of apps :o

the first 4 of which are heavily used as i do manually arrange my apps around

my "home" screen are critical everyday/all the time used apps.. and this is how it is

90369189ae7.jpg

the way it shaped up..

my home screen are my criticals/everyday stuff..

2nd page = games

3rd page = utilities/lifestyle apps

I LOVE teh iPhone and can't see myself without one anymore.. it ain't even a phone it's a lifestyle application, literally

as for me I have about 6 screens of apps :o

the first 4 of which are heavily used as i do manually arrange my apps around

my "home" screen are critical everyday/all the time used apps.. and this is how it is

90369189ae7.jpg

the way it shaped up..

my home screen are my criticals/everyday stuff..

2nd page = games

3rd page = utilities/lifestyle apps

That's a lot of apps, bro, I'm on 5 pages, but some of them are quite empty. In order, they are:

1. Meteorological/Location related.

2. Games/Lifestyle.

3. Daily functions like organizer, alarm, camera, etc.

4. Emergency functions such as one call, emergency call etc.

5. Functional apps like flashlight, shazam etc.

I tend to keep it on 'screen 3', and then scroll sideways as needbe :) I know what you mean though, it's such a versatile tool, I can't imagine how I made do without it :lol:

i got one, i'm loving mine - allow me to add a piece of hardware that is pretty awesome - and cheap -

clip on battery that triples battery life - for 20 US dollars search ebay for iphone 3g battery

cappipholi02_it_l.jpg

155208333_o.jpg

with this thing, you don't just leave it on all time, but, when you turn it on, let it charge for a bit, then turn it off. but, its a cheap way to keep your phone charged and in reality, it very reasonablyl bulks it up. also acts as a case for the back and bottom of the phone.

i also jailbroke my phone this morning and downloaded 4 gig of cracked programs - i can't even sift through them there are so many. But teh one i really wanted - isn't working :( which is one that shows your calender items on the "slide to unlock" screen. like a home screen on a WM phone.

yes i know the photos are of a 1st gen phone, but i have the 3g one. its molded to the 3g

while i'm at it, get the invisible shield -

FGAPLIPHONE2FB.jpg

and if your iphone gives you "wood" why not show it off :)

iphone_pic_padouk.jpg

https://www.miniot.com/miniot/iphone.htm

and this company has the BEST cases hands down no questions asked - the leather is amazing, i have been using them fro the last 4 yrs which would be like 5 or 6 different phones and cases.

tbiphone002.jpg - although coming from canada to the US - the slow shipping takes FOREVER - you can get them to ship it faster though

http://www.gizmoskin.com/index.php?category=16

1 more -

after having several bluetooth headsets, i have decided they just suck to much power and are uncomfortable to wear long term.

i like my sony headset earbud thingys, so, i got a mic adapter so i can use my sony headphones and this shure mic

http://store.shure.com/store/shure/AddItem...uctID.105498400

mpa-2b-k-efs.jpg

i had a cheap one from ebay but everyone complained they couldn't hear me. The shure has worked great

for those of you that don't know shure is one of the leading brands of Microphone used for music