When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What do you do for a living?

rustyrussel

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ordinary job?

I work for myself and am a Corgi registered heating engineer. I work in the domestic sector, servicing/repairing and upgrading domestic central heating systems. Very busy all year round.There ya go - ordinary!!!

Well I guess that is an 'ordinary' job but still I reacon we're quite a varied crew and obviously no one is more valid then any other. We're all walks of life and all looking for the very best in rep or gen watches!

:group:

I'm a senior desktop analyst / sysadmin for a global corporate lawfirm. Recently got relocated to the Paris branch here for a trial run. If i like it, I can keep my promotion as European Branch Manager. I just sorta miss my family and girlfriend. If it wasnt for them, Id definitly be staying.

Private security. After what I would describe as a meteroric rise through the industry in the space of less than 8 months, I left a national ops coordination role at 21 to go back to uni... I miss the money, big time, so here's hoping I get into a Law course when I finish this degree early next year!

While the AUD was doing well against the USD, I also had a brief sideline in trading precious metals.

Asset management-absolute return strategies- at an investment bank...by way of another beloved investment bank that ceased to exist this year. And who knows, maybe next year I will add another 'by way of' on my resume....just kidding. You have to have a good sense of humor during these times in my industry. Back in 2001 I remember watching the fancy coffee machine and state of the art water system get wheeled off of the trading floor...surely something like that wouldnt happen again...

It sounds like a lot of folks are insulated from current turmoil, and even making strides with their careers here. Good stuff.

Ok had to edit what I do as I want to keep my membership here LOL !

I work pretty horrific hours, it's Thursday now, only has 3 hours sleep

since my last sleep on Monday night!

Been in the job 3 yrs, wish I got into it earlier though 32 next month.

live for my wife, kid and me palls.

And of course watches :)

I am a US Air Force C-17 Crew Cheif....pritty ordinary yes? haha well ive been following the forums for quite some time. used to post on the other rwg, as i dont get much time to use a pc when i get deployed there are periods where i have to catch up on whats goin on. but other than that i can honestly say i love my job. the sense of pride i get whenever i see my bird fly is incredible, knowing im responsible for keeping her up there and bringing my guys home is even more inspiring for myself.

ps. rustyrussel where is this hotel of yours id love to come stay and talk reps with ya.

I am a US Air Force C-17 Crew Cheif....pritty ordinary yes? haha well ive been following the forums for quite some time. used to post on the other rwg, as i dont get much time to use a pc when i get deployed there are periods where i have to catch up on whats goin on. but other than that i can honestly say i love my job. the sense of pride i get whenever i see my bird fly is incredible, knowing im responsible for keeping her up there and bringing my guys home is even more inspiring for myself.

ps. rustyrussel where is this hotel of yours id love to come stay and talk reps with ya.

UK, probs not that convenient to you unless you wanna commandeer a jet?!!