When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What do you do for a living?

rustyrussel

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Former Senior Security Consultant (worked 6 years with it) with IT-crime investigations, security assessments and whatnot.

I even worked some time at the French Riviera (which sucked bigtime, since I was away from my family) as a testleader for a very large Internetbanks IDS-system. That I think was the most boring assignment I ever did, as I didnt speak any French and I lived for some weeks up in a small village in the mountains just outside Nice...

....not much to do in the evenings and nowhere to eat...so I ended up eating yoghurt and cold pancakes I bought at the supermarket for a couple of weeks...

Now I work as Technical Account Manager for a US-based securityvendor in Sweden.

- Lanikai lives on an island. A Polynesian one.

- Kawela is at the extreme Northern tip of one of those islands.

- A shaper is a guy who makes surfboards for a living.

- Zippy's is a chain of fast food restaurants in Hawaii. One location is in a shopping center called Koko Marina.

- Koko Marina is close (what location isn't?) to many popular surf spots on that island.

- Chili and rice is a staple food of island surfers which is served by Zippy's in a convenient family size packed in a plastic tub perfect for travel.

- Dawn patrol is a term used to describe surfers who set out for a session when it is still dark because they heard the waves are good.

See, now it isn't an inside joke anymore. :D

i'm sorry, lost in translation, i didnt understand a word of that....(well from Don't let him fool you guys)

Sorry. The joke was kind of meant for Lani. He is my brother. Not a US thing either BTW as Hawaii is its own country (thank God for that). But see, everyone learned something about Hawaiian culture accidentally Isn't that awesome? Gotta love RWG. I already learned that they now make white wines without oak in another thread. Now somebody teach me something else here...

Yeah, glad its not just me, must be in a US code or something :pardon:

Sorry. The joke was kind of meant for Lani. He is my brother. Not a US thing either BTW as Hawaii is its own country (thank God for that). But see, everyone learned something about Hawaiian culture accidentally Isn't that awesome? Gotta love RWG. I already learned that they now make white wines without oak in another thread. Now somebody teach me something else here...

golf stands for 'gentlemen only, ladies forbidden'

(you did ask)

Now somebody teach me something else here...

It is sometimes possible to tell the handed-ness of an artist, by the direction of their shading strokes. Although obviously some works, the direction of the shading is determined by the shape being drawn/painted, but for real 'bulk shading', where object shape is not an issue, that's when it is sometimes possible to tell.

A left handed artist, will typically shade in this direction: \\\\\\\\

A right handed artist, will typically shade in this direction: ////////

Nothing magical involved, just the basic mechanics of the human body ;):good:

- Lanikai lives on an island. A Polynesian one.

- Kawela is at the extreme Northern tip of one of those islands.

- A shaper is a guy who makes surfboards for a living.

- Zippy's is a chain of fast food restaurants in Hawaii. One location is in a shopping center called Koko Marina.

- Koko Marina is close (what location isn't?) to many popular surf spots on that island.

- Chili and rice is a staple food of island surfers which is served by Zippy's in a convenient family size packed in a plastic tub perfect for travel.

- Dawn patrol is a term used to describe surfers who set out for a session when it is still dark because they heard the waves are good.

See, now it isn't an inside joke anymore. :D

~ Kawela Bay is sort of a private liitle bay.. friends beach house is fun .. factoring in the proper company (female type)

~ popular at Zippy's and elswhere now is .. Loco Moco ... one scoop rice.. hambuger patty .. egg.. over easy on top and covered in brown gravy.. onolicious !!

~ still going strong at Koko Marina

~ Dawn patrol used.. to be my regular time to start .. one hour before sunrise.. paddling out.. usually South Shore.. medium waves.. not on the North Shore with the huge waves.... you try to get as many "rides" in the peace of "no crowd" as possible..

thanks for bringing back memories Robbie .... that's when work wasn't really an issue.. as long as we had the herbs and the boards.. :D

Well right now i am sat in a tent in the middle of a middle east desert and have not seen a proper toilet in 13 days! and i am not an oil worker or bedouine!

MMMMMMMMMMM wandering in the desert..no facilities.....biblical landscape...days on end wandering the desert....might you be a prophet? ;)

Well right now i am sat in a tent in the middle of a middle east desert and have not seen a proper toilet in 13 days! and i am not an oil worker or bedouine!

And thanks to the technogy of the age, able to communicate with the rest of the world :good: Not even a hundred years ago, such a thing would have been impossible, it's a pretty remarkable age we live in :)

Stay safe :good:

Ah yes, Loco Moco. Haven't thought about that in a while. Great surf breakfast as is left over fried noodle with fish cake and barbeque pork. Also brings to mind the classic Zippy's Bento and Surf boxes which were always great for the road.

And the herbs. Ah yes, the good old days. I had a good freind in the 80's that was a gardener in Kula so my herbs were always in season. Those pesky dogs at the Kahalui airport can be a bit of a nuisance though...

~ popular at Zippy's and elswhere now is .. Loco Moco ... one scoop rice.. hambuger patty .. egg.. over easy on top and covered in brown gravy.. onolicious !!

as long as we had the herbs and the boards.. :D