When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Let's see your GMT's and Explorers!

By-Tor

I've been rather lazy to shoot new pics but I promise to take some later... GMT's and Explorer II's are my favorite Rolexes. There's something cool about that 24h hand. Never get tired of seeing pics of them. :tu:

By the way I'm absolutely lovin' my new black ExpII. What a cool watch and such an awesome replication!!!

Let's see 'em!!!

1a.jpg

77.jpg

1-1.jpg

1.jpg

RolexGMTMasterPepsi.jpg

2.jpg

7a.jpg

3-1.jpg

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Good idea BT !

I sincerely think the GMT is very much like the Sub: who has the best GMT ?!

I started in june 2006 to buy GMT's.

This is a pretty bad one, my first try of 2006

RolexGmtMatserII_01_b.jpg

I went for the MBK one, bad too, needs heavy mods that a member is doing for him self now as I traded it.

RolexGmtMasterII_MBW_800_19.jpg

Then of course, Josh's Retro one (which is now in the hands of a very good member of RWG)

RolexGmtMasterllJoshBefore_Inser-5.jpg

Finally I was lucky to trade RepAustria's one, with a genuine dial and insert on a Noob Factory base

:wub:

GmtMatserIIRepAu_PS800_02.jpg

GmtMatserIIRepAu_PS800_10.jpg

And, finally, I ordered the "Transformer" from BK, which should be on his way to me soon;

That order was made before the trade with RepAustria.

This means that I will soon have too much GMT Matser II at home :blink:

It comes with two bezels, Pepsi and Red & Black, just like your's BT ;)

Cheers

Stephane

One of my all-time favorite watches.

No need for me to own a rep.

For me, my 1675 was "the one that started it all" - ever since I have been collecting watches in an attempt to find another watch as perfect as the 1675.

This watch was my daily wearer for countless years, it has travelled all over the world with me, been with many gorgeous women & has been with me through the worst/best of times.

What a friend :)

GMT_Front.jpg

My previous GMT-Master and Explorer II, which had the "correct stack" movement. Nice watches, both of them.

On this pic, you can see that this GMT-Master has the incorrect small "ROLEX" print on the dial, same size as on the Explorer II.

EXP2_GMT2.jpg

Comparison with catalogue picture. Clearly different crown guards.

EXPII_katalog.jpg

The "gunmetal" colored hour indicies on the white dial Explorer II, which are black on the gen.

EXP2_cu.jpg

swiss-.jpg

Older vintage GMT-Master I rep, not bad for the price!

RolexGMTFlightJacket.jpg

Euno, is there something you want to tell us about :Jumpy: I seem to recall a relative of yours owning one that looked just like that???

Indeedy indeedy, if memory serves, Euno, it was your 'aunt'(?) and every time you visited/she visited, you'd try that beauty on to see how differently it sat on the wrist compared to your 1675???

Ach, you and TMG.....you bastards and your 1655s!!! I actually got to try a gen on a few weeks back, sadly I couldn't take it home as I didn't have