When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

1:1 Deep Sea Sea Dweller (Ultimate?) Update

tenacious_b

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

yeah its not really any better than the other versions.. the bezel insert is terrible. I thiink you need to buy all THREE versions and make a franken to get a proper one.. just like in the old MBW noobmariner switch-a-roo days haha

yeah its not really any better than the other versions.. the bezel insert is terrible. I thiink you need to buy all THREE versions and make a franken to get a proper one.. just like in the old MBW noobmariner switch-a-roo days haha

Realistically, I wonder if we will actually see a true 1:1 identical-to-gen rep. But even after modding, the close-to-real gen is likely to cost not more than 15% of the gen - and it always hurts less scratching a rep than a gen. BTW, does anyone know where one could buy gen/close-to-gen 'pearls'? These would help....

Everyone,

I don't know how accurate this is, since these kinds of due dates always seem to end up being somewhat fluid, but Andrew just replied to my request for an ETA for the 1:1 Ultimate DSSD, and he said we should expect to see it in late December.

Cheers,

Bryan

Just in case its been missed by some, Trusty's Deep SD is out now: http://www.tt88time.com/index.php?main_pag...eyword=ROLSD006

I'm eagerly waiting for my stocking filler!

I think this one is it for now. BTW, I think when they say 1:1 they mean eyeballed to the real deal not a picture. I'm sure that most parts won't interchange and both Josh and Andrew have said that to me repeatedly.

Just means the factory had their hands on the real watch.

Forgeries are still forgeries and will never be perfect. Anybody who thinks otherwise, I got a bridge I want to sell you.

1:1 is marketing [censored]...

it all depends which factory is building it... ;)

a good source tells me that there is yet one more version due to be released before the end of the month. Thats all i know right now... It might have the same problems as all these other versions but who knows...

Yesterday I got the V2 of the deep sea....unfortunately D.O.A.....but the dealer takes acer of it and makes an exchange.

The watch itself was wonderful and the only give-away on the rep were 2 things....the bezel is not smooth but engraved...and the crystal is by far too thin and is not domed! To be quite honest...the rep looks way better than the real deal, tried the Real DeepSea in October and was shocked by the distortion of the domed crystal.....it looks like those old-time-breitling rep crystals...pure horror.

Looking forwrd to receive a working piece...cheers

Theo

Yesterday I got the V2 of the deep sea....unfortunately D.O.A.....but the dealer takes acer of it and makes an exchange.

The watch itself was wonderful and the only give-away on the rep were 2 things....the bezel is not smooth but engraved...and the crystal is by far too thin and is not domed! To be quite honest...the rep looks way better than the real deal, tried the Real DeepSea in October and was shocked by the distortion of the domed crystal.....it looks like those old-time-breitling rep crystals...pure horror.

Looking forwrd to receive a working piece...cheers

Theo

Can I ask who you purchased yours from? Thanks. And pics please!