When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Memory Lane

Watchmeister

I was looking through a bunch of watches and came upon a number that all brought back fond memories of the last several years on this forum and its predecessor. It struck me that many have real sentimental value and an interesting story and that is one of the things that makes this hobby so much fun. And yeah, you guys are the other half the fun. :D Most of you anyhow - ;) So I snapped a couple of quick pics and thought that some of the older members would get a kick out of memory lane.

IMGP2408.jpg

On the top row are treasures such as Ubi's first self-made vintage PAM which he was kind enough to put on my wrist when we had the opportunity to get together, the first "deco bezel" ever decorated by Ziggy, and unique Cortebert based vintages from Watchmaster and VDB. And yes, the mysterious Watchmaster does exist. In fact, back in the day you could even call him and say hello. :)

On the bottom row (going way back when) are an original Finepics PVD 09 (before the unfortunate implosion) and of course the classic Josh 36.

Next up:

IMGP2403.jpg

If you look carefully you will see the first MBW rework ever done by Ziggy when we were determined to figure out how much that rework should really cost. :lol: A great white lovingly assembled by Ubi which just appeared at my door. Another MBW which I had sent to Archibald for experimental purposes which than mysteriously came back with numerous gen parts and the infamous vintage overlay installed. In fact, all three have that overlay and they work. I just wished someone had told us that no two MBW's are built the same. :) Also in that box is a DW which actually still works and one of the very few "Palp" modded seconds at 6 Daytonas. By the way, it still works too. :) On the top is one of the first Ziggy lumed 2006 Cousteau's which actually has Repaustria's one-off caseback. You have to love a watchbox with work done by Ziggy, Rep, Palp, Ubi and Arch.

Next Up:

Millionaire's Row:

IMGP2419.jpg

All these were bought back in the early days when I thought you could spend a $100 and get an accurate rep of a $100,000 watch. And of course I still have the famous $1.2 million Patek Sky/Moon as a fond rememberance. Still haven't figured out how to change that battery. :lol:

Happy Holidays to all and of course big thanks to Ziggy, Archibald and Ubi who have always been partners in crime, ever so generous and helpful through all the trials and tribulations of watch collecting.

great to finally see some pics of your watches together kruzer; lots of beauties in there :wub: (not to mention RWG lore ;))

ok, now let's see the other eight boxes :bangin::lol:

deltatahoe

Well, I can't say I have that many other reps. Many past ones sold or given to friends. The majority of this year was spent building frankens and buying a gen or two. ;) I am about to go buy my first couple of reps in quite a while...if I can get the dealer to return my emails. :bangin:

Thanks for the kind words. Part of my problem with rep collecting is I develop a sentimental attachment irrespective of whether they get wrist time. The funny thing is that I have a much easier time letting go of gens. :rolleyes:

Ziggy-

Both the boxes and watches should look very familiar. :) You may have seen them all at my house but I suspect a large percentage of them have seen your house once or twice. :lol: By the way, looking forward to the next batch of projects. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...