When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Brain Teaser Game!

cornerstone

• Replies 942
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will give it a try.

Say Scheming Suzie was born on Dec 31, 1995 and today is Jan 1, 2006. So, the day before yesterday was Dec 30, 2005. Suzie was technically 9 years and 355 days or a 9 years old girl.

A year from now will be Jan 1, 2007. For someone who was born in 1995, in the year 2007 she can be considered 12 years old.

Or something likes that. :g:

I will give it a try.

Say Scheming Suzie was born on Dec 31, 1995 and today is Jan 1, 2006. So, the day before yesterday was Dec 30, 2005. Suzie was technically 9 years and 355 days or a 9 years old girl.

A year from now will be Jan 1, 2007. For someone who was born in 1995, in the year 2007 she can be considered 12 years old.

Or something likes that. :g:

PERFECT!! WINNER!! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Granny Smith, was was leaving London, boarded a train at four minutes past the hour. After boarding, she stuck her head out of the window and shouted to the ticket man, "How far are we from Edinburgh?" "All trains take five hours either way," he replied. "How many trains shall I meet on the way?" Asked Granny. "A train leaves Edinburgh at five minutes past the hour, every hour," answered the ticket man. How many trains will Granny Smith meet? :g:

EDIT: spelling

Edited by cornerstone

Actually I will give the answer for this one, because I just read the back and it's kind of shite.

The answer it gives is nine, but on the back it goes "if we assume..." - huh? You have to assume that the train doesn't meet the next train to leave in Edinburgh when it pulls in, or that it doesn't encounter the one that has just pulled into London when it sets off.

So ten, I think is plausible for this too. :g:

Something easier - quick money round!! :Jumpy:

If an airplane carrying the US swim team crashed directly on the border between the United States and Canada, in which country would the surivors be buried?

Oh Canada for sure, first they will club them all to death and then they will plant 6 foot down. :lol:

Ken

Almost word for word what it says on the back of the card? :blink:

:lol::lol::lol:

Aye, obviously the survivors, well, survive.

Sam Shady was working for a large construction company that was very concerned about employee theft. Someone tipped company security that Shady was the man to watch. Each night, he passed through security with a wheelbarrow full of scrap lumber, discarded electrical wires, and chunks of concrete. The security guards checked the contents daily, but could find nothing of value. What was Shady stealing? :g:

All of them................................whooo hooo I'm on a roll :Jumpy:

Ken

WINNER!! :thumbsupsmileyanim::thumbsupsmileyanim::thumbsupsmileyanim:

Okay two questions to leave overnight...

I'm just not sure if anyone on this forum will crack this one (I write it just because it's a genuine question in the pack):

What is the third hand on a watch or clock called? :cc_detective:

;)

And another question:

If you were to step into a sealed room filled with 100% methane gas and strike a match, what would happen? :o

I'm just not sure if anyone on this forum will crack this one (I write it just because it's a genuine question in the pack):

;)

And another question:

If you were to step into a sealed room filled with 100% methane gas and strike a match, what would happen? :o

OK, the second question first. Providing that you survive long enough in the 100% methane gas environment and manage to pull out match and strike it, nothing will happen.

Without oxygen in the air, fire can not ignite. Though, if you really want to, you can exhale air from your lung, which will still contain some oxygen, when you strike the match. Kaboom! :Jumpy:

;)

And another question:

The third hand is called the second hand. :victory:

The third hand is called the second hand :victory:

Nup to easy, if cornerstone is saying he is not sure we will get it then it must be a term we don't know.........unless he is pulling our leg's :unsure:

Ken

OK, the second question first. Providing that you survive long enough in the 100% methane gas environment and manage to pull out match and strike it, nothing will happen.

Without oxygen in the air, fire can not ignite. Though, if you really want to, you can exhale air from your lung, which will still contain some oxygen, when you strike the match. Kaboom! :Jumpy:

YES, YES,...

.........unless he is pulling our leg's :unsure:

Ken

& YES!!! I just saw the question and laughed!

WINNER!! :thumbsupsmileyanim::thumbsupsmileyanim:

This is a bit different again:

How far can a dog run into the woods?! :g:

Halfway of course. :)

Ken

Oh, too good! I thought that would have people arguing for half a day!

WINNER!! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Duncan Drivel was asked how many ducks he had. "Well," he said, "they just walked down and I didn't actually count them, but I remember one duck in front of two ducks, another duck behind two ducks, and another duck between two ducks." How many ducks does Duncan have?

Oh, too good! I thought that would have people arguing for half a day!

WINNER!! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Duncan Drivel was asked how many ducks he had. "Well," he said, "they just walked down and I didn't actually count them, but I remember one duck in front of two ducks, another duck behind two ducks, and another duck between two ducks." How many ducks does Duncan have?

3 ducks walking in one line.

3 ducks walking in one line.

Yeah agree to that except it states that Duncan remembers those ducks, he may in fact have another thrity or fourty or pick a number of ducks that he didn't remember.

Ken