When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Ulysse Nardin's are out

Samurai

They worked a good long while on these. The original watch was purchased by Josh as a preorder at Basel when they came out. He waited forever to get it and then as soon as he did it went to pieces right away replicating. I'm sure he is glad to have it back now! I'll have to remember to ask him that. Anyway, I may be mistaken, but I'm pretty sure the 1:1 host watch was the black dialed version with the black and red bezel - although I know it wasn't the siver/blue variant - and judging from these pics I can see that they didn't quite nail the colors on those...

As an aside, I know for a fact the reason this line was chosen was due to the compatability of the A7750 that are so plentiful and cheap. Now more than ever I think they have to really consider the eventual movements for a project even more. It will be interesting to see what the sell through is on these as even the gen is a pretty controversial watch and attracts only certain interest in its design. Some harcore UN owners think it looks cheap even because of the plastic looking floating indices.

I say this because to me there is no doubt that if there wasn't any movement issues they would have done the MMD 1846 first and in a heartbeat before the MMD chrono. Hopefully, the Seagull 2892 clone or something like it will be around in droves so they can do one of these eventually. I know from owning the gen, the MMD 1846 would be the hit of the year if they were to nail one of those. Where is Phoband to chime on on this? We should do a petition thread and keep postind MMD 1846 pics until they make one. I need about three other dial variants to go with this one. It has been six months now and I'm still on the honeymoon...

UN12r.jpg

UN1b-1-3.jpg

anyone know what color/variant gen was used for making this?

I'm ordering the black red combo cause its more interesting then the black black

i personally have been told that there is a project under way to produce the non-chrono i think they are using the one with little blue waves

no ETA on when it might come out though.

no matter what this is the golden age of reps without a doubt !

I'm ordering the black red combo cause its more interesting then the black black

i personally have been told that there is a project under way to produce the non-chrono i think they are using the one with little blue waves

no ETA on when it might come out though.

no matter what this is the golden age of reps without a doubt !

That's great news Pho....any idea on the timing of the release?

I say this because to me there is no doubt that if there wasn't any movement issues they would have done the MMD 1846 first and in a heartbeat before the MMD chrono. Hopefully, the Seagull 2892 clone or something like it will be around in droves so they can do one of these eventually. I know from owning the gen, the MMD 1846 would be the hit of the year if they were to nail one of those. Where is Phoband to chime on on this? We should do a petition thread and keep postind MMD 1846 pics until they make one. I need about three other dial variants to go with this one. It has been six months now and I'm still on the honeymoon...

Yeah if I were to buy a UN it'd be the MM diver...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Robbie, i love this color combo!

I wish they could rep the movement (its based on ETA 2892-A2 + 50 something parts are added by UD, hopefully this won't be too hard for our Chinese friends...lol)...come to think of it there was a 2892-A2 repped, remember FM Conquistador back in the days? i know, that movement was not modified but it could be a baseline at least...

UN12r.jpg

patience young skywalker, patience

Robbie, i love this color combo!

I wish they could rep the movement (its based on ETA 2892-A2 + 50 something parts are added by UD, hopefully this won't be too hard for our Chinese friends...lol)...come to think of it there was a 2892-A2 repped, remember FM Conquistador back in the days? i know, that movement was not modified but it could be a baseline at least...