When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My Deepsea V3 arrived today! Pics too!

hilts

Well, after waiting for this for ages, this arrived today from a well known dealer here.

I could see clearly even before I removed the protectve plastic is that the 12 o'clock marker is clearly and obviously misaligned. It is so obvious that I think it is a deal breaker for me. :yuk:

post-5410-1231195393_thumb.jpg

post-5410-1231195460_thumb.jpg

In addition, there is "pitting" in several places on the "ceramic" bezel. To be fair, the macro photos show up everything which is maybe not visible to the naked eye, but the pitting is pretty obvious.

post-5410-1231195366_thumb.jpg

post-5410-1231195442_thumb.jpg

post-5410-1231195474_thumb.jpg

Before I go back to my dealer, I'd like to get people's thoughts. Is this marker issue one that you think I should raise with the dealer and ask for a refund/replacement, or should I take this on the chin and mark it up to "you win some you lose some" experience? My thoughts tend towards the former, but I'd like to hear what you think.

Thanks

That is very poor, but then I have never been impressed with any of the deepsea replicas. The full ceramic GMT2 is just so much nicer, in fit and finish ^_^

I would ask for a replacement if it was a pricey purchase, either the wonky 12 marker, or poor quality bezel would be enough for me, on there own or together...

What version is this and how much did you pay? Care to name the dealer? B)

Good luck!

PS: Drop shipping FTL :mellow:

I don't think that the pitting on your bezel is really pitting. When mine arrived I had two spots very similar to yours around the four o'clock marker. I was [censored] because I thought it was scratches in the bezel. Then I thought well this is supposed to be ceramic and it shouldn't scratch. So I bravely and carefully used the back (rough side) of a scotch brite sponge and the marks dissapeared. Evidently they are flexs of dryed paint from the numbers and markers. You just have more than I did. And yes the bezel must really be some sort of ceramic because the sponge didn't scratch it. Just gently apply to the bezel with a gentle hand.

The 12 o'clock marker I can't help you with.

That is very poor, but then I have never been impressed with any of the deepsea replicas. The full ceramic GMT2 is just so much nicer, in fit and finish ^_^

I have come to a similar conclusion over the Deepsea (the model, not just this version of it), so I think I am going to let this pass as well.

I have come to a similar conclusion over the Deepsea, so I think I am going to let this pass as well.

Indeed, there is no way the DS is from the same factory as the GMT2, and $360 for the watch pictured is just shocking! Send it back man! :o

Ask for a cross ship replacement too to save time! B)

UPDATE.

Emails back and forward from the dealer this morning who has been very swift to respond and communication has been good.

He initially offered me a refund, then a dial (which I wouldn't know how to change), now has offered another watch but WILL NOT offer me a Deepsea as he believes that I will complain about any watch from his batch. :huh:

I have bought about 15 watches from this dealer over 3/4 years and have had (and will hopefully continue to have) a good relationship with him so slightly surprised that he wouldn't just send another one (I presume this watch is a one off rather than the whole batch being so bad), but at least he has offered a refund/another (different) watch.

So I guess that's the end of the story. I'll send it back, order a GMT II and keep my fingers crossed that it lives up to the reviews I've seen.

Maybe I jumped in too soon and should wait for the Ultimate version - when and if it arrives! :lazy:

Thanks for all comments - you've confirmed my own thoughts which is always useful.

Oh dear, I was about to pull the trigger on this. Are we talking a bad batch or just 1or 2 off out of the batch? If its a bad batch then I am annoyed coz by definition, doesn't that mean some unsuspecting customers are gonna get them. Shouldn't the dealer response be "Its a bad batch so I am not willing to sell them."? A 30 second qc would tell a dealer thats not acceptable. Or does the complaint ratio warrant the risk of passing on poor quality watches.

Why is this cr*p accepted?

BVC.

my deepsea had crap all over the bezel also and a little scrubbing with some rubbing alcohol and a cloth and its fine now. This sure was one dirty watch when i received it. Im gunna clean it up well tongiht and give it some polishing.. the finish is terrible especially on the bracelet and clasp. it looks "unfinished" to me.

I have this watch on order from a stateside dealer, Sead (supermirrors) from RG. He is wildly popular at the moment and gets a lot of good feedback. I will post a review of the watch (QC wise) and my experience with him when it arrives today or tomorrow. He gives the option to dropship or order from him once he has stateside stock. I chose the latter. Hope the QC makes a difference; we'll see.