When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Okay, Collectors... What's Your Top 3 Watches In Your Collection? And Why?

ubiquitous

I can't pick a favourite, so these in no particular order.

1. PAM 111H. I didn't have it very long before i sent it to Finepics for a relume (he has it atm), but it gave me the Panerai bug in a way my 036 and 192 failed to do. I'm even wondering if my 6.75" wrist can support a Fiddy, but I'm not sure i want to pay to find out i'm wrong.

2. Omega Planet Ocean 4th Gen (Orange) - I'm even thinking about buying a black one to go with it, even though i already have a 45mm in black.

3. Rolex Submariner 16610 - My current one was one of Joshua's first hollow link bracelet models. This was the watch pictured in a massive thread on RWG 1 by its former owner, who photographed it with a genuine Sub. I bought it from him after he'd modded crown guards.

When i get myself an MBW or WM 1665, i'm certain that will make the top 3.

Edited by bigpops

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. ETA 2893 EXP II, black dial. I found RWG looking for a white dial version and after trying many but not being satisfied with them, I stumbled upon this beauty. It is my daily wearer. It's a watch that I have admired since I was a kid. It's not particularly accurate, but the dial is gorgeous and it feels comfortable and solid on the wrist and it keeps time spot on!

2. 063 with 2893. For accuracy, the movement and because it's big! I have the new crown and a cyclops is on the way. The first watch that inspired me to follow through with mods. Now I'm just waiting for the datewheel.

3. 192. Those blue hands! The butterscotch strap and the deployant. It's super comfortable, not too heavy thanks to the ti and I love the ti/ss combo. Plus, I find it strangely satisfying to wind it. Just something about that.

In no particular order, and the proviso that these are all titanium as it is summer,

PAM036 (at the moment on BOB's platinum carbon strap, but while on holiday on a Veni Mignatta brown strap or the PAM rubber strap).

PAM192 (on ti/ss bracelet). Not 100% accurate, but I still like the blue hands and the dial, and as someone else has mentioned, the ss and titanium combination.

IWC GST Chrono in titanium - see Pugwash :group: Great watch.

The MBW Silver Serti two tone sub could also make it - I'd taken it with me on holiday, as well as any number of PAMs.

My favourite three are the following Pams:

212 (because for me it is the most beautiful Panerai)

92815-27906.jpg

112H PVD (because it is a unique piece and was a custom project)

92815-27907.jpg

187 (because I waited almost one bloody year to get it :bangin: )

92815-27908.jpg

OK, great thread and wish I had time to add pictures but here goes :g:

1) TW Best Sea Dweller from Eddie Lee - It was my first (you never forget your first :) ), it is a classic!

2) Omega Seamaster 007 from Abay - The watch I would want if stranded on a deserted island. Classic!

3) VC Perpetual Retrograde from Joshua - It is simply a stunning watch.

Close behind:

4) 188 Daylight (7750) Ziggified with Superlume

5) JLC Memovox from Efren. I still love that watch :wub:

6) Lange 1815 Flyback Chrono from Joshua - another beautiful watch.

Honorable mention.....

183 Black Seal - It's simply a beautiful watch with a Europelli Cordovan strap :D

OK, great thread and wish I had time to add pictures but here goes :g:

1) TW Best Sea Dweller from Eddie Lee - It was my first (you never forget your first :) ), it is a classic!

2) Omega Seamaster 007 from Abay - The watch I would want if stranded on a deserted island. Classic!

3) VC Perpetual Retrograde from Joshua - It is simply a stunning watch.

Close behind:

Excellent trio. And I agree about the TW Best SD. There's STILL no better rep of the Dweller. It's very, very nice...and the first ETA-based Rolly rep that had out-of-box reasonable crown guards. I swore no more Rollies for a while... but could actually purchase one. That case thickness thing has never bothered me that much... hmm... :lol:

Great thread :thumbsupsmileyanim: And difficult decisions :g:

I would say my favourite rep would be my 212 swiss 7750:

92888-27876.jpg

My PAM 195 will be great after some dial 'adjustments' ;) It hasn't left my wrist since I got it :thumbsupsmileyanim:

92888-27877.jpg

The 196 could be my favourite after major modifications are all finished and it's back together:

92888-27878.jpg

92888-27879.jpg

That being said... I also love my 192 Tantalium and the IWC GST chrono in Titanium is starting to get some wrist time

The 196 could be my favourite after major modifications are all finished and it's back together:

92899-27871.jpg

Thats gonna be hot! :Jumpy:

My top 3:

1. 187: its just a massive, rugged looking bad@ss mofo! But also looks very distinguished with a 26/26 strap.

92899-27872.jpg

2. 1680: because its my work in progress and I enjoy the work! Also very comfortable for any occasion. Original pic from day of arrival.

92899-27873.jpg

3. SMP: Mines not from old stock, but its still a great watch. Super impressive quality on the bracelet though I wish it had pins. Very comfortable and form fitting to my wrist. Could easily be worn with a suit. Also has tendencies to make you feel like a British Spy for some reason? :whistling:

92899-27874.jpg

Cheers,

Jon

And the first two again!

92899-27875.jpg

Guest HeWhoIsLikeGod

IWC FA Jones Platinum Version((Decorated Movt.) One of the most beautiful watches I have ever come across)

Rolex Daytona(Hard to pick between modern and vintage, but I think my modern Daytona wins)

Pam 063 (Only PAM I find to be a good looking watch)

Excellent thread!

Well, My top three are as follows (in no particular order):

Breitling Seawolf Stainless Steel

93117-27794.jpg

93117-27795.jpg

Just received this gorgeous watch from Josh a few days ago. As expected, the moment I laid my eyes on the watch, I absolutely fell in love with it. The dial, the second hand, the polished casing & links, the AR coating and most of all the weight. It could not be any better. This is a very handsome watch imo. Sits so well on my wrist. The gen comes in Ti, but I dont give a damn really. I think it looks 100x better in SS. Ti just does not do it for me. Hand an Avenger Chrono Ti, sold it away. No regrets. One complain though on this Seawolf, the bezel is loose, rattling loose. I am going to have it fixed anyways. So no problemo. If there is a white dial for this, I would buy it in a heart beat!

This will be my daily beater. I am still catching myself staring at it; forgetting that this thing actually tells time. :wub:

PAM 212 1950 Flyback Swiss engraved Movement

93117-27796.jpg

93117-27797.jpg

When I first got it, I was floored by this watch. What a beauty I told myself then. After a while I got sick of it and decided to sell it off. Well, no one made me a good offer so I decided to keep this watch. For some reason, at times, I can be so in love with this piece, and other times, I just get so sick of it and I just simply chuck it aside. Now, this watch is my favourite gym companion. This is my gym watch. I wear it to lift weights, and my 10K runs. And so far this watch has never failed me. Very effing reliable ... and I am impressed. I wear this watch to sleep, trashed it around, knocked the crystal a few times and still bloody intact. I strapped on a Molina Nylon Strap (very much like the Hirsch strap) for my workouts. And it seems I don't even wear this watch out now other than to the gym. The only watch I can see replacing this 212 is a heart rate monitor.... when I finally decide to get myself one. But that is hardly a watch!! :lol:

Probably wear the heart rate monitor on the other wrist...

Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Jumbo

93117-27798.jpg

93117-27799.jpg

Been craving for this watch for a while now. What made me decide to seek for this watch so desperately? Well, I tried on a genuine AP ROO Chrono at one of the AD in Singapore Changi Airport and I was hooked. I do not want to take it off! Man, AP is addictive. I swear if I have the money there and then, I would have taken off with that watch! I am not a compulsive buyer but that day, I was soooo tempted. And I could not stop thinking about it. So what is the next best thing in the rep world? AP RO Jumbo.

I needed a dress watch anyways besides my Daytona. So I desperately went on a hunt for it. After a few PMs, flavor flav unwilling let go of his prized AP to the next lucky owner - Me! Well, I paid a high price for it and the deal included sending flavor flav a few cans of 'V' drink available here in Australia. Got it on monday. And it looks awesome!!!

Well, there you go... my top 3 watches at the moment.

1. panerai 192 - love at first sight. one of the few times my heart skipped a beat when opening the package. add the fact that the true ti/ss models are hard to come by these days and you have something quite special.

2. dw 6263 - it doesn't get the wrist time like the others get, but there is something so alluring about that delicate piece of art. such a contrast to the 192.

3. cartier santos 100 TT - it is so special since it has the most potential. the other two on the list are great right out of the box, while this one is awaiting our dial commission and a strap from hktan. with those two bits installed, i'd be a pig in [censored].

one thing that i have noticed is that for many of the members that have done some work to their watches or have had them sent for work seem to be more special to them. but i guess when you invest the time and money into making it better/unique/more accurate, it will be more special to you. and also you'd most likely mod the ones you like the best, and want to make even better.

keep em coming!

i'd have to say...

1) breitling navitimer on black BOB strap (pic borrowed from andreww)

93493-27751.jpg

2) pam 111h on BOB cashmere (pic borrowed from v)

93493-27752.jpg

3) pam 183 black seal on watch boys black/black alligator strap (pic borrowed from watch boys)

93493-27753.jpg

and a close fourth...

4) pam 217 on europelli black shell cordovan with copper stitching (pic borrowed from subzero1)

93493-27754.jpg

dt

Excellent thread!

Well, My top three are as follows (in no particular order):

Breitling Seawolf Stainless Steel

93499-27749.jpg

93499-27750.jpg

Just received this gorgeous watch from Josh a few days ago. As expected, the moment I laid my eyes on the watch, I absolutely fell in love with it. The dial, the second hand, the polished casing & links, the AR coating and most of all the weight. It could not be any better. This is a very handsome watch imo. Sits so well on my wrist. The gen comes in Ti, but I dont give a damn really. I think it looks 100x better in SS. Ti just does not do it for me. Hand an Avenger Chrono Ti, sold it away. No regrets. One complain though on this Seawolf, the bezel is loose, rattling loose. I am going to have it fixed anyways. So no problemo. If there is a white dial for this, I would buy it in a heart beat!

This will be my daily beater. I am still catching myself staring at it; forgetting that this thing actually tells time. :wub:

@quarks! I see you pulled the trigger and you are obviously happy! Great watch even though its a fantasy model! Gotta love those breitlings!

Cheers,

Jon :victory:

#1 on my list has to be the Omega Seamaster Pro with black dial. I wear it weekly. It is a beautiful watch, has the best SS bracelet on the market, it is super comfortable, great weight, etc. etc. Owning more than 20 watches these days, it still gets more wrist time than any other.

@jeff:

Is Omega Seamaster Pro's bracelet the same as PO's?

thx

@jeff:

Is Omega Seamaster Pro's bracelet the same as PO's?

thx

No but very similar. They have additional polished peices in the center links but are curved with a similar design to the POs.

Jon

PS on an additional note. I think that Omega's bracelets are some of the most comfortable out there! Like butter on your wrist!

Edited by Bignasty

1.) PAM 127 from Eddie

2.) Polex 1680 from luckyyy

3.) PAM 187 from Joshua - mainly because its new.

a VERY close 3-1/2 - 4th PAM 118

My first PAM was a 111 from Joshua.

Never been serviced, the minute hand has fallen off and put back on by ME.

I actually puched it back on with a chap stick tube. :bangin:

The AR was accidently removed by me, trying to clean a smudge doing above repair. :black_eye:

It has been through hell and no matter what i do to the thing, i cant tear it up.

It is a beast ! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

i dont wear it too much anymore, but i would never ever let it go. It started the PAM addiction and you never forget your first. :wub:

Hmmm, tricky one...

#1. Omega Speedmaster Moonwatch (borrowed photie)

From EL, it was my first ever rep and has been serviced by The Zigmeister and had the 6 o'clock subdial frozen. It's a classic if not THE classic watch (IMO), the history that goes with the gen is untouched by ANY other watch. This rep, as BY-TOR in his excellent Omega guide, is a must have. The sub-dial spacing is off and the movement is wrong but to 99% of people it is not noticeable. The movement looks great through the display back.

93558-27738.jpg

#2. Omega Seamaster Pro 'Bond Watch'

From PT. Another classic that gets a lot of wrist time. Mine's one of the newer ones with screws in the bracelet - am I bothered? Nah, makes sizing it a piece of cake and if someone spots that then they are so much of a WIS they need help! I aligned the bezel with a hairdryer and a good thumbnail - 3 minutes work! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

93558-27739.jpg

#3. PAM 005

This one from EL and lumed and plumed by Finepics. With the other two this gets the most wrist time. Now sporting a DON chocolate strap and a correct case back from Davidsen. A boating accident proved this was waterproof :D

93558-27740.jpg

A very close 4th would be my 183 from PT, again lumed and plumed by FP with another DON strap - black/black a classic dress watch and 99% accurate to the gen. FP told me it's one of the 183s with good crown screws so no stripped threads :D

93558-27741.jpg

Edited by baltic

(alphabetically sorted)

- Breitling Navitimer (the dial is a bit busy but still nice looking watch; good quality and pretty close to the real thing)

- FM Conquistador (I like the tanneau form; also very good quality; correct size)

- PAM 111H (nice classic design; sandwich, somewhat unusual, dial; high quality)

Not as high quality as the above mentioned but still nice to have

# FM Crazy Hours (it's crazy time)

# VC 1755 (working power researve, blue hands)

# VC regulateur (very nich unsual rep)

How did you align the bezel with a hair dryer ?

Do tell .... I thought fixing the bezel was quite tricky and time consuming !

Nope, piece of cake. Use a hair dryer on medium heat setting and play air over face of the watch, when the body becomes hot to the touch you'll find the glue holding the bezel insert (the blue ring with the numbers and indices on) will have softened slightly. Then whilst holding the bezel (the silver metal part with the flat and pointed edges) turn the bezel insert (only the blue bit) by pushing gently on the pearl with your nail. Move the insert round until you have the pearl lined up with a 'point'. Hold it there while the glue re-sets et voila! One re-aligned bezel.

DW 6263 (Compliments of UBI)

MBW 1665 (Tribalized and Ziggified, plenty of OEM parts)

7753 196 (lumed but awaiting datewheel and crown)

2893 gmt (lumed, new cyclops, Lello crown but awaiting Palp crown and datewheel)

New VC Overseas (Pretty damn fabulous out of the box)

Oops, that is five. :lol: