When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Your Desktop Wallpaper

seymur

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks...I also have a 200 f/2.8 L, but the lens I used for those other shots (except the A-Bay sunset) is the Canon 50 f/1.4 prime. I also the 100 f/2 prime. Those lenses are built exactly like the 200 L and every bit as sharp, but about half the price. Canon really makes awesome midrange primes.

I thought about switching to Nikon when the D300 came out because I'm a sport shooter and the Nikon can shoot 8 frames per second vs 6.5 for the Canon 40D I use, but I don't think anyone else can match Canon's glass for quality per dollar.

Canon was the first to use injection molding on lenses in the 60's...along with the first to use flourite crystals for the asphericals. I love Nikon too, Ive never owned one...but Ive used them at work.

All of my watch shots lately are with the prime 50 1.8 and a 2x...until I get a macro someday...these can make nice wallpapers:

IMG_0932.jpg

IMG_0924.jpg

IMG_0930.jpg

IMG_0920.jpg

IMG_0892.jpg

IMG_0908.jpg

IMG_0934.jpg

1665TrustyHero.jpg

My wallpaper is pretty boring but then I don't spend much time looking at it.

Like Stephane one of my favourite pic's is another one of Bazz's shots, if you haven't looked at his pic's yet you don't know what you're missing.

Ken

• 1 month later...