When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My beloved 111h ruined from a bad modder

psiron

Hi all,

I have recently posted this on Repgeek forum but thought for the benefit of all rep watch lovers I would post on here too.

Note: The member who helped is from the Repgeek forums.

Ive refrained from posting this but Im so upset that I have to vent my dissapointment.

A while ago I bought a 111h from Andrew, all in all a good transaction put off by the wrong strap being sent. Anyway a good fellow member on Repgeek posted me a rubber one at no charge for which I was very grateful. Anyway on with the story.

The watch was ALMOST perfect apart from a tiny white mark on the hand and a tiny (and I mean tiny) scratch near the '6' on the face of the watch.

Understanding it was a rep I took these flaws with a pinch of salt, however after seeing some of the mods on here I soon realised that these problems were easily fixed by the right people. I posted looking for some help and very quicky a member replied saying they could do this for a fee all in all of around

I am sorry for your troubles JJ, I know the feeling of that experience all to well. the only Modder Ziggy put's in regards, to doing good work is Vaccum, thank you for stepping up and letting the new members know,... this has alway's been an issue on the forums.

I hope you stay around RWG.. there are a lot of great members here willing to support your hobby. .. in fact let me look .. I may have a dial that I will not use in the immediate future that you may be able to put to good use..

Aloha~Cheers

Lani

Hey JJ, why don't you ask if Andrew can sell you a single sapphire glass? Or maybe get that sapphire together with the next order.

Assuming it was mineral which you have now in the watch... Because then, even after some repair, sure thing it will have some scratches again my friend...

Good luck and have fun @ RWG!

I'm wondering if keeping this guy's username concealed is in the best interest of all the other members, at the very least you should make the forums Admin teams aware of who he is.

Ken

Actually Lani

Feel sorry for this guy but he's starting to come of as a whiner. Flav already volunteered to restore his dial and hands over at the Geek for Free as long as someone disassembled the watch and sent the parts to Flav!!. A couple other folks also volunteered to help him out with the breakdown. We also have folks volunteering to help him out here as well. Of course we were all there at one point but enough handwringing. If you are a member of RWG or Repgeek there is ample opportunity to see the work, praise and critiscm of the resident modders. Had he sent this to Rex (Who is doing unbeliveably phenonimal work!! or Vac or of course Zig (if he accepted a new client) in the first place this would have never happened and he would have a super modded piece to show off to us.)

Regardless of how you want to view this the fact is that there is a member out there who offers mod work via PM and is not keen on fixing his stuff ups.

I believe the Admin teams of each board should be told who this member is.

Ken

Regardless of how you want to view this the fact is that there is a member out there who offers mod work via PM and is not keen on fixing his stuff ups.

I believe the Admin teams of each board should be told who this member is.

Ken

I 100% agree, admins at least should get to know who did this, any lack of response from the OP could even bring up the possibility of self infliction in my book :mellow:

So psiron, who is the guy who did this? :)

So we are all human and [censored] happens sometimes.

But I think when you do a mistake for shure as a modder

you must try to solve the problem.

This time I have the same problem and I do my best to get

This right for my own cost.

Hey that's the game and it must played clean ;)

Only my two cents...

Actually Lani

Feel sorry for this guy but he's starting to come of as a whiner. Flav already volunteered to restore his dial and hands over at the Geek for Free as long as someone disassembled the watch and sent the parts to Flav!!. A couple other folks also volunteered to help him out with the breakdown. We also have folks volunteering to help him out here as well. Of course we were all there at one point but enough handwringing. If you are a member of RWG or Repgeek there is ample opportunity to see the work, praise and critiscm of the resident modders. Had he sent this to Rex (Who is doing unbeliveably phenonimal work!! or Vac or of course Zig (if he accepted a new client) in the first place this would have never happened and he would have a super modded piece to show off to us.)

I thought the same thing. This was beat to death on Repgeek and we still do not know who the modder is.

I am going to ask those who have offered help to with hold it until psiron identifies the member who modded the watch.

We can't discount the possibility that psiron himself attempted to mod the watch and is now fishing for a free fix.

Not saying this is the case but it needs to be kept in mind.

Ken

I am going to ask those who have offered help to with hold it until psiron identifies the member who modded the watch.

We can't discount the possibility that psiron himself attempted to mod the watch and is now fishing for a free fix.

Not saying this is the case but it needs to be kept in mind.

Ken

Fair point and I can see why everyone would like to know who messed up the watch.

Flavour knows who the modder is and as a result of him 'fessing' up to him he offered to help. I clearly do not want to rubbish the person who did it as it was just his inability to carry out the work that was a dissapointment. He is a very polite person and thought he was able to carry out the work to a higher standard than he could. Flavs response on RG even says "its not important who it is".

As many people have pointed out I should have used an approved modder in the first place. Therefore if everyone learns by my mistake then they will never cross this members path.

With regards to the help I have been offered by Rocket and Flav and Daytona4me, I cannot thank you enough for your generosity and offer to help me. I am very grateful and do not take any of your efforts for granted.

The member in question is known by me and I will glady tell Rocket if he wants to know. The fact is Rocket was kind enough to offer his assistance without even asking who he member was. If help was offered on the basis of knowing who messed the watch up I wouldnt have accepted it as I am not that sort of person.

I can see everyone starting to think I am "on a winner" but the fact is these commnities and the assistance of fellow members are something which at some stage we will all benefit from. Unfortunately some members benefit more than others.

The initial post was to help others from making the same mistake as I did. With regards to the help I have been offered surely nobody begrudges that after you saw the carnage caused?

But how if no-one knows who did it, could be anyone ? - For all we know 50 people since your 1st post have sent work to this modders way unaware ?

EDIT * Hope it gets sorted

Peace

:D

Exactly!

My point is that I don't give a damn what Flav has said in regards to this person, the Admins of the forums need to know who he is so we can each tell him to stay away from modding.

Ken

@psiron I started this thread as concerned for you and your watch as anyone else but I am now very quickly growing tired of these games, I am now asking you as an Admin team member to PM me the name of the person who did the mods on your watch.

Understand there are many things I can do should you choose to ignore this request, understand also that D4M is the Admin for RWI and a personal friend, he will with hold that dial if I ask him to do so.

Balls in your court.

Ken

What the hell sort of way is that to speak to anyone?

My post to ensure people only use the credible modders is being blown out of all proportion.

My post was not entitled "stay away from this guy", it was to show you as a community how you can learn from others mistakes.

I do not appreciate your threatening behavior and would rather receive no help than bow down to the condescending way you are conversing with me in your last reply.

Note to everyone who have offered to help:

This reply is not aimed at your kind offers of assistance, I appreciate these very much. Unfortunately I have been raised to stand up for what I believe and not to give in to any bully boy tactics.

Unbelievable communication skills for a moderator I have to say. I simple PM would have got you this information without trying to condescend on me in the fashion you have ........

Edited by psiron