When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Interesting Discussion About Rep Pricing

fletch512

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES BELIEVE THAT I STARTED THIS TOPIC........I MERELY POSTED A REPLY TO ONE OF JOS NANAS POSTS.....AND THE MODERATORS MOVED IT AND RE-TITLED IT AS A TOPIC THAT I STARTED....I DIDN'T.....!

HERE IS THE ORIGINAL TOPIC WITH MY REPLY CONTAINED WITHIN.........THE ABOVE LINK SHIFTS MY POST OUT OF ALL CONTEXT....!

JOS NANA AND FASSI THREAD

Edited by TTK

I can`t, could somebody give a short version of the story.

Originally there was a thread about Joshua getting scammed. Then the mods started a new thread, beginning with Neil (TTK) saying that he's been in contact with the major dealers and there's a plan to raise prices because their expenses have been going up. Then there was a discussion about the pros and cons of raising prices. Then Neil got mad and started calling people ignorant and lots of other unsavory epithets and claiming he was doing them a favor by selling them watches. And then all hell broke loose...

Edited by fletch512

UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES BELIEVE THAT I STARTED THIS TOPIC........I MERELY POSTED A REPLY TO ONE OF JOS NANAS POSTS.....AND THE MODERATORS MOVED IT AND RE-TITLED IT AS A TOPIC THAT I STARTED....I DIDN'T.....!

I think it was wise to split it away, but it was unwise for the usual fscking suspects to crawl out of the woodwork to turn it into a TTK bashing session.

I think it was wise to split it away, but it was unwise for the usual fscking suspects to crawl out of the woodwork to turn it into a TTK bashing session.

Pugwash, let me first say that I have great respect for the posts I have read from you in the past, but in all fairness, Neil initiated the bashing and continued it with more vehemence than was really justified. I do think it was not as one-sided as you seem to imply.

No....it was more one sided than you want to imply.......I got bashed for telling it like it is......NOTHING I posted was untrue......ask any dealer....( other than Paul ).......I already have.......and believe me there was no disagreement.

Tell you what fletch.......do you want to participate in a little Q&A....that will hopefully clear all this up....?

Edited by TTK

Pugwash, let me first say that I have great respect for the posts I have read from you in the past, but in all fairness, Neil initiated the bashing and continued it with more vehemence than was really justified. I do think it was not as one-sided as you seem to imply.

Thanks for the kind words, I appreciate your respect.

While TTK was being his inimitable self, he was posting content. I'm not going to do a post-by-post breakdown, but [...] let me just read through the thread again.

Tell you what fletch.......do you want to participate in a little Q&A....that will hopefully clear all this up....?

I didn't really intend to re-start that 14+ page discussion on this site. I just thought people would be interested in reading it over at RWI, and joining in if they feel the need.

I can imagine why they want to raise there prices. The only thing is the dealers themselves are always competing to sell it as low as they can to get more customers. Paul prices are very low at the moment and i suspect people who are not yet buying from paul will as the prices from the other dealers will go up.

I would disagree with you. It wasn't just about pricing. If it were, they wouldn't have bothered posting. Just raise prices and "let the chips fall where they may". Neil and Josh Nana were talking about the problems inherit in the business getting much worse, and although it reflects in pricing, you missed the point, if you didn't see the big picture.

All anybody focuses on is: Price......price.....price.

........Missed the point!

And if your focus was only on Neil's attitude, then you really missed the point!

I can imagine why they want to raise there prices. The only thing is the dealers themselves are always competing to sell it as low as they can to get more customers. Paul prices are very low at the moment and i suspect people who are not yet buying from paul will as the prices from the other dealers will go up.

Paul's prices are not currently that low: bestswiss-watches

didn't really intend to re-start that 14+ page discussion on this site. I just thought people would be interested in reading it over at RWI, and joining in if they feel the need.

Of course you didn't.....and I susoect that when you posted it at TRC also.....that was your intention......!

But you certainly didn't go to any pain to point out that it is NOT my thread....and that it's not contextual.....did you....?

I notice also that you declined my invitation to participate in a little Q&A session.....wossup ...you scared I'll show you up for the stupidity you proudly own.....!

Edited by TTK

Don`t know about Arthur Dent is he also known for being a smart...?

If by that you mean a Smartarse, then possibly.

The point I was subtly making was that I'd be mildly surprised if Aspire came back. I believe bestswiss is his replacement set up for when the bills went unpaid on aspire.

I notice also that you declined my invitation to participate in a little Q&A session.....wossup ...you scared I'll show you up for the stupidity you proudly own.....!

Have you learned nothing? It is exactly because you called people "stupid" and "lumping f**k" and "narrow closed minded" that people started getting so upset on RWI. People that send you their hard-earned money don't like to be told that you're "doing them a favor" by selling to them. All the arguments for and against raising prices have been covered on RWI, and it's open for everyone to read and respond to. Your request for a "Q&A session" seems disengenuous, as it always seems to end up with you berating anyone that doesn't share your point of view. Forgive me if I don't want to continue that pattern at this or other sites.

If by that you mean a Smartarse, then possibly.

The point I was subtly making was that I'd be mildly surprised if Aspire came back. I believe bestswiss is his replacement set up for when the bills went unpaid on aspire.

Well that would be very surprising but i guess you could be right. We will know in a short time.

Have you learned nothing? It is exactly because you called people "stupid" and "lumping f**k" and "narrow closed minded" that people started getting so upset on RWI. People that send you their hard-earned money don't like to be told that you're "doing them a favor" by selling to them. All the arguments for and against raising prices have been covered on RWI, and it's open for everyone to read and respond to. Your request for a "Q&A session" seems disengenuous, as it always seems to end up with you berating anyone that doesn't share your point of view. Forgive me if I don't want to continue that pattern at this or other sites.

Yeah...I learned that you're not up to a challenge......you're another of those 'hit and run' types.....a little bit like a flea bite......completely innefectual and really with nothing to contribute.....the reason I called you stupid was plain to see....only you were too stupid to see it....!

If you like I can go fetch your posts....to demonstrate your stupidity ....would you like me to do that......?

Edited by TTK