When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Let's see your Rolex-only collection!

By-Tor

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, my GMTSub really wasn't in any condition to join in :whistling:

DSCN1115.jpg

So for the group shot, I'm putting the prize GMT in as a proxy :)

DSCN1116.jpg

What're we looking at... From the left, we have my Project Sub, which is in a constant state of flux, not as near completion as I'd like, but still active. I installed the Yacht-Master's bracelet on a whim, and as a Sub isn't as blingy as a Y-M, I feel the bracelet simply add's a little extra class, rather than being OTT... Next is my Yacht-Master. A purchase inspired by a childhood watch, and the Ulysse Nardin MMD. I've pretty much butchered and re-built this watch since receiving it :D I initially put it on the bracelet from the GMTSub, because I wanted to tone it down a bit, and didn't want it looking blingy. Since then, I have had to replace the white gasget and crystal with the ones from the GMTSub (as I butchered the others with cyanoacrylate when trying to waterproof the watch :lol: ) It wouldn't look good under a loupe, but is quite acceptable on the wrist. I can see this watch being my beater for the forseable future. Lastly, we have the 'coke' GMT, fitted to a mystery bracelet. I honestly can't remember what watch the bracelet is from, but it replaced the factory-installed bracelet, which had some gibberish stamped into the leaves. This watch has also been completely broken down and re-built, and is as good as I can get it, before it finds itself a new home, with whoever wins the activity (to be decided) at my best friend's stag in Tokyo. Having had this in my custody for a few days now, I actually really like it. I wouldn't go so far as to say I prefer it over the all-black insert, but it is definitely a watch which I could wear as a beater, if it were mine (I'll just have to win it :lol: ) Of course, it's place in the lineup will eventually be taken by V2.0 of the GMTSub, which will technically, be a GMTIICSub, but obviously I need to buy some watches to cannibalize for the parts to build it :tu:

• 1 month later...

:) I'm down to 2. Well... Technically, 3.

IMG_7560.jpg

IMG_7568.jpg

IMG_4445.jpg

IMG_3929.jpg

IMG_3921.jpg

IMG_4271.jpg

And...

IMG_5397.jpg

IMG_3930.jpg

IMG_1974.jpg

Lately, my personal preference is to only own pieces in which genuine movements (or the same base movement) can be utilized in the build. While some Rolex can be facilitated (i.e. old, vintage pieces with the 1570, 626x with the V72, some WM9 cases with the 3135, etc), price points are low enough on most modern models where the cost to build is nearly as much as the cost to buy a gen. While the fun part of this hobby (for me) is in the build, it doesn't make financial sense.

Interesting times we're in...

Okay, we need a new forum rule here. From now on, when Ubi gets ready to post photos of his Snowflake there has to be some kind of advance warning. I mean, just how many keyboards am I supposed to replace here?

Droooooooooooooooooooooooooooool...

Hike-

I think your post here should be pointed out, and brought to the attention of most members on the forum as a reminder- When you have a shot of watches from this distance, it's going to be very difficult to tell a good rep from a gen. Same can be said for when the watch is on your wrist. From a fair distance, no one is going to be able to discern the difference; it's only when you get into super macro mode when people are going to be able to distinguish the characteristics.

Hike-

I think your post here should be pointed out, and brought to the attention of most members on the forum as a reminder- When you have a shot of watches from this distance, it's going to be very difficult to tell a good rep from a gen. Same can be said for when the watch is on your wrist. From a fair distance, no one is going to be able to discern the difference; it's only when you get into super macro mode when people are going to be able to distinguish the characteristics.

@ubi!

Point exactly.......meaning someone have to have a macro eye to figure out our hobby! LOL! Well, for those who are interested, one GEN Rollie left since I discovered these Chinese Versions :D ......it's the SUB TT Blue on the right! I was gonna trade it in for a GEN DSSD, but the Vegas Torneau Rolex Manager told me not to koz it's going to be a collectors item in two months koz Rolex will stop making them!

Thanks!

Stephane, when i saw you posted in the thread i tought you would show your 12 pieces black box :rolleyes:

Carpe Diem

Cats

Very nice trio, Velasco!

@Stephane... You need to post your collection as well!

:)

Sure I will...but I have no time to shoot new photos right now.

I really wish to refresh my photos so be patient pls... :unsure:

I'm very honoured you guys want to see them again :victory:

Thanks so much.

Here some of the oldies ;)

Rolex1655RA_800_61.jpg

Rolex1680Couple_800_01B.jpg

Rolex5513_800_15B.jpg

My16610Gen_800_03.jpg

Rolex16800_800_14.jpg

rolexdaytonawhite_800_03.jpg

RolexSeaDwellerGreatWhite_PS800_13.jpg

My16600_800_13.jpg