When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My new Narikaa 42mm PO; black bezel; sexy

hackR

The 45mm and 42mm have different bezel teeth designs. This version incorrectly uses the bezel teeth design from the 45mm. I actually kind of like it though. I wouldn't sweat the hands (or any of the other flaws) on this watch though. For the price it's hard to beat, and only somebody who really knows the brand well is going to be able to tell. 99% of the population probably wouldn't have any clue.

The watch could also use double AR.

Edited by ironmarshal

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sure. My wrist is the same size (more or less) and my watchsmith (and friend of mine since we were children and Rolex AD, what a paradox) resized the bracelet so it fits great. So... go for it! Great watch, great dealer!

Thanks relox!

If Narikaa could get the watch builder to use the proper bezel, I bet he'd sell tons more of these. But also would want to get that He valve placement fixed as well. I think that's all this watch needs. Sure there may be some other flaws but those are the two major ones.

The 45mm and 42mm have different bezel teeth designs. This version incorrectly uses the bezel teeth design from the 45mm. I actually kind of like it though. I wouldn't sweat the hands (or any of the other flaws) on this watch though. For the price it's hard to beat, and only somebody who really knows the brand well is going to be able to tell. 99% of the population probably wouldn't have any clue.

The watch could also use double AR.

Yeah, I knew about the bezel, just forgot to mention it... I would be with the 99% of the general public regarding the flaws if not for the forum. Just want to know for general education purposes.

Is it too early to start whining that my watch isn't here yet? It's been three days, nine hours, fifty-three minutes and forty seconds since I ordered and I'm only on the other side of the world. Where the **** is technology which allows solid objects to be faxed?? I would've had it Sunday!

Well, it's been a whole minute since I started this post, and it is STILL not here.

Patience is not one of my virtues. This is going to be painful. Maybe I need a different hobby. *Sigh*

Is it too early to start whining that my watch isn't here yet? It's been three days, nine hours, fifty-three minutes and forty seconds since I ordered and I'm only on the other side of the world. Where the **** is technology which allows solid objects to be faxed?? I would've had it Sunday!

Well, it's been a whole minute since I started this post, and it is STILL not here.

Patience is not one of my virtues. This is going to be painful. Maybe I need a different hobby. *Sigh*

:rofl: same here mate. I'm also anxiously waiting till it hits my doormat . . .

Thanks relox!

Yesterday I went to my friend, the watchsmith. :) And he resized the steel bracelet again -it was a bit loose for my taste. I have the pieces he removed the first time and this last one and they are four. I tell you for your information, since we have the same wrist size. :)

I ordered one more PO (orange now, which will fit my casual clothes, while the another one fits my suits and that...). And a rubber strap.

I post a pic from Omega

My PO arrived yesterday. I will post some technical shots soon but here are some short observations.

-The dial/ hands are absolute immaculate. Not a spec of dust or smudge anywhere.

-Smooth bracelet. I don't think it needs to be oiled at all.

-Compared to my SSD lite the PO is a very heavy watch with a more quality feel.

-Crown is very solid and screws down a good 3 turns.

-Claps fold markings are etched instead of engraved.

-Best of all scratch proof Sapphire crystal :blush:

-It has a double AR look but it's just a blue coating with no reflection dimishing properties.

-Bezel clicks nice and solid.

-No capital P and O ond the Planet Ocean engravement on the case back.

-Bracelet has a gen like construction with pins and tubes (a [censored] to size).

-Nice gold and clean 21j DG2813 movement which I already managed to regulate to +2 sec/dag on my SSD. It's a great work horse.

-Plastic movement spacer.

-2 crown seals!!

-The HEV was secured with a impossible to reach c-clip so I couldn't check nor grease the seals.

-The inside of the case back was also marked with all the propper Omega markings which is a nice touch.

For only 65 pounds ths is a very nice rep. I

As stated I will post some pics soon!

Haven't ordered any reps for a good year now cause of the poor price against the dollar in the UK recently but these seem like such a bargain so ordered an orange one today to go with my black UPO, can't wait - Its been too long! :)

Sorry to burst your bubble

But when my testing machine beeps and the 'Diamond' light comes on.......

Sapphire it is

I don't have a diamond tester so I tested it with the 'water drop' test and the 'fingernail tick-sound' test so this proves both aren't very accurate :lol:

I do however think the saphire is very thin tough.

Post edited.