When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Sales disclaimer ...

Martyd3

Would anyone here buy a product or service from someone with that disclaimer?

There's no way I would. How are you do know that your DOA rep wasn't sent out dead? The guy is saying I can (drop) ship out anything to you and it's all your responsibility.

Trust is a two way street. The dealer gets the cash and I get a watch. If I don't get a watch then the dealer should help me solve the problem. The solution may be spares or a replacement, but a comprimise should be made.

This is a rip-off's charter and there's no way I'd pay money to a 'collector' under those terms. I am not vaive about the rep world, but there are dealers who will look after you so why risk with those with these types of disclaimers.

Attorney...

Heh, If we want to get legal then in the UK the sales of good act would trump all. Even for fakes.

Pay by credit card and charge back if you get ripped off. But, since I'm fairly sure to get bad service by someone offering those terms, I'd keep my wallet in my pocket and buy elsewhere.

There's no way I would. How are you do know that your DOA rep wasn't sent out dead? The guy is saying I can (drop) ship out anything to you and it's all your responsibility.

Trust is a two way street. The dealer gets the cash and I get a watch. If I don't get a watch then the dealer should help me solve the problem. The solution may be spares or a replacement, but a comprimise should be made.

This is a rip-off's charter and there's no way I'd pay money to a 'collector' under those terms. I am not vaive about the rep world, but there are dealers who will look after you so why risk with those with these types of disclaimers.

Maybe. I think it's a bit unfair to decry it as the charter of a rip-off artist without any specifics as to the context and the source of the statement. It reads more like an eBay disclaimer than something any of the collectors here use. In fact, a quick search for selected text turns up no matches on this board. A quick search of eBay turns up this listing:

EBay Listing with disclaimer.

I have bought items from people with disclaimers like that; as always, the rule is "buy the seller, not the watch". In each case I checked feedback and contacted the seller prior to purchasing to discuss the specifics of the terms I was concerned with. If they could set my mind at ease, I went ahead with the deal.

Many (not all) of the terms are very similar to the terms I have put in my eBay watch auctions; each item I added was in response to a specific question or problem I had in a previous sale and they changed from auction to auction. It all depended on the condition of the piece I was selling and the terms under which I was willing to sell it.

Each of those items can be interpreted as a protection from a specific type of scam that a buyer can perpetrate against an honest seller and yes, it does look like it was written by an attorney (or cribbed from one).

Just my two cents.

I'd totally buy something from that seller and I don't think that disclaimer is too "anal" at all...especially if, say, he sold someone a high priced watch a few months back and the buyer raised holy hell because it wasn't EXACTLY the way he had dreamed it would be.

You lost me after.. "TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SALE:"

No really,, Isn't it sad that you have to go to these measures in order to feel more comfortable about selling something because you just dont know who you are going to run into.

It is your sale,, it's your prerogative what you want the terms and conditions to be.

One thing that has been happening a lot lately is people purchasing reps from other members, receiving them and complaining about it.. "the movement stops intermittently" etc.. hoping that the seller will offer some of the money back to the buyer to have it "checked out"

Chances are that you know the signs now and will be watching for trouble.

Good Luck! :)

Absolutely. That will eliminate all the tire kickers. It will also reduce his email clutter by about 95% because the stupid ones won't be able to understand it and not buy. And the dishonest ones will move on to an easier target.

Edited by fakemaster