When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Luminor Power Reserve Pam 028A - Back from Ziggy

fishgodeep

I know there have been a few excellent examples of these on show recently , most of which have been 9-12 months in the making.

Mine has been on the same journeys across the globe but has now finally made it home ...completed!!

First - thanks to Rolli for his perfect PVD service - taking this case set - leaching the old PVD coating and re-coating with this sublime finish.

Secondly - Lello for the 2892 Datewheel - which is an essential mod as the standard ETA wheel is just too thin.

Thirdly - SSSurfer - for the new cyclops - doesn't show up that well in these photos but on the wrist the date just pops out at you

Fourth - Davidsen - I asked Ziggy to install a DSN PAM 29 centre seconds hand as the dot it in the correct position - maybe a bit small but am really happy with the finished results

Fifth - T - this sports a T-48 PVD crown - superb fit and finish. Thanks T!

Last but by no means least - big thanks to Ziggy for doing all the watch smith work and the vintage tritium mix lume work on the dial and hands - I never tire of looking at pictures of his uniquely accurate colour and work!

Strapwise - a well worn in MP PAV98 24/22 with rep A series 2 screw PVD buckle!

It is without doubt one of my all time favourite watches and is seldom leaving the wrist right now.

It's an expensive project to start and finish but it conforms to any ratios of rep:gen with Gen's selling on the collector markets at $20K+

Thanks to all the contributors!

Enjoy

FGD

P1020955.jpg

P1020961.jpg

P1020959.jpg

P1020951.jpg

P1020957.jpg

P1020956.jpg

P1020952.jpg

P1020953.jpg