When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

skyland on 6.5inch> wrists

etacker

I heard and read different stories/opinions on this issue:

Can someone with smaller than 6.5" wrists wear a breitling skyland avenger or would it just be too much?

Currently, i have a navitimer with a SS bracelet and i feel that it a little bit bigger would be no problem.

I would love to purchase a skyland blacksteel but the problem is that my wrists are only 6.2" :/

Does anybody maybe have a pic of them wearing a skyland with wrists under 6.5"?

The person whom I picked up my Skyland BlackSteel from had 6.25" wrist. I think that might have been one of the reasons he sold it. He had to ADD an extra notch to the rubber strap to make it fit.

I feel I can get away with it on a 7" wrist. With the rubber strap I am on the 2nd to last notch however. (I have a HKTAN strap on the way since I really don't care for the rubber).

A steel bracelet should size down small enough for you.

On 7"

img156786cm6.jpg

-Ronin

Hi

I ve got 6 inch wrists and wear 45mm watches inc the skyland, its personal preference really. Sorry no pictures as it away at the min.

so it doesnt look like you're wearing a wall clock? :p (to other people as well that is)

Well glad to hear so since as i said mine are also about 6inches but id love to have a skyland for my next rep.

How about bracelet/straps?

I had to remove all links on my navitimer (or all but 2, one on each side as it seems that i cant remove those) but now it fits like a glove :)

ive got the rep croco straps as well but i just dont like the look and feel of them.

The person whom I picked up my Skyland BlackSteel from had 6.25" wrist. I think that might have been one of the reasons he sold it. He had to ADD an extra notch to the rubber strap to make it fit.

I feel I can get away with it on a 7" wrist. With the rubber strap I am on the 2nd to last notch however. (I have a HKTAN strap on the way since I really don't care for the rubber).

-Ronin

Does it happen to be the one from dvn?

I think if it doesnt fit properly i will try to find an extra clasp and do something like this:

IMG_2844.jpg

More pics:

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?s=&amp...st&p=593578

Ive also thought about getting a bracelet for it but im afraid anything SS will ruin the look of the watch itself.

You can definitely get away with it on your wrist, it looks terrific!

Width wise it wears fine, the height can look strange when you see it in the mirror. Its a very tall watch off your wrist thats probably why its got such an aggressive name 'Avenger Skyland'. People certainly notice it, I ve got it on the last hole of a gen leather strap. Put something thats half an inch thick under your navitimer that will demonstrate the height of the skyland roughly.

Guest farquar

I couldnt live with it with my 7 inch wrists....Its a very top heavy watch, very thick, never got comfy with it and it just didnt look right to my eyes.

Have no issues with 47mm pams or grahams however, looks or comfort wise.

As mentioned the height/thickness of the skyland is just as important a factor to consider as the diameter.

It wears bigger than other 44/45 MM watches.

Check out the Skyland Blacksteel, same size but it looks much smaller on the wrist with the all black case that might be a better bet for you or of course a BCE is great for your size wrist slightly bigger than a Navi

Cheers,

M

You need to have a look at this thread here: http://www.rwg.cc/members/trio-Skylands-t89971.html

I have a 6.5" wrist, and the Skyland wears fine, even the new Seawolf too ;)

Cheers! B)

Thanks for the info and especially the pics!

Check out the Skyland Blacksteel, same size but it looks much smaller on the wrist with the all black case that might be a better bet for you or of course a BCE is great for your size wrist slightly bigger than a Navi

Cheers,

M

Thats exactly the model im looking at ;)

It seems(due to the mixed comments) my best guess would be to go to an AD and try the skyland out irl.

Luckily i have an AD at about 3 miles from my place so ill go in tomorrow.

And dont worry, i wont wear my rep navitimer or any rep for that matter :p

Sorry did not read that in your post.

A great idea to try on a gen before purchasing the rep to make sure you are happy with the look on your wrist.

Of course, your AD likely will not have any Blacksteels in stock, but if the SS Skyland looks good than the Blacksteel will only look better!

(limited edition of only 2500 and I believe they are all sold out)

Cheers,

M

Big watches are a personal preference.. especially if you not a big guy.. there's only one real option.. buy one and see how it feels.

A warning though.. anything else feels like a girls watch once you get used to the big ones.

Im not that small a guy (5'10" 180lbs 15%bf :p) but seem to have really small wrists for some reason.

I guess big/small watches are mostly about getting used to them.

At first i thought the navitimer was big lol but now it looks about normal even though my previous normal watch was only 38mm and a lot flatter.

I just got back from the AD and i LOVE the skyland!

thats all i have to say for now since im contemplating just getting the gen (3450eur with bracelet, not that bad imo) seeing how my rep history has been pretty bad :/

For me thats the biggest drawback now, ive got a navitimer from josh that in 12months has only worked for about 3 weeks. Ive sent it and got it back 4 times now. Today is the 5th time i will be sending it :/

Big thanks to josh for his customer service but this is getting annoying (and costly)

etacker - A little late, but one thing not mentioned in this thread is WHY the Skylander wears so well on smaller size wrists. If you look closely at the picture you posted you can see why. The lugs on the Skylander have a very pronounced curve in them that follows the contour of your wrist, unlike most larger sized watch cases where the lugs seem to come out straight from the case. The watch does wear "Tall" but as far as being comfortable on the wrist and not looking like a wall clock, I think you will be very pleased with how it looks and as important - how it FEELS on the wrist.

Good luck.

IMG_2844.jpg

etacker - A little late, but one thing not mentioned in this thread is WHY the Skylander wears so well on smaller size wrists. If you look closely at the picture you posted you can see why. The lugs on the Skylander have a very pronounced curve in them that follows the contour of your wrist, unlike most larger sized watch cases where the lugs seem to come out straight from the case. The watch does wear "Tall" but as far as being comfortable on the wrist and not looking like a wall clock, I think you will be very pleased with how it looks and as important - how it FEELS on the wrist.

Good luck.

As i said, i went to the AD and tried a skyland with SS bracelet on and it didnt look to big at all.

Guess i know know why ;)

The only problem now is that the blacksteel has a strap that wont fit my wrist and i dont have any spare buckles to perform the mod on the pic :/

Im now contemplating getting the regular one with an SS bracelet, maybe even the gen but i think ill buy a couple more breitling reps before i finally decide which one i like the most :)

On 7"

img156786cm6.jpg

-Ronin

Mean PVD where did you get it mate? and how much?

thanks

You need to have a look at this thread here: http://www.rwg.cc/members/trio-Skylands-t89971.html

I have a 6.5" wrist, and the Skyland wears fine, even the new Seawolf too ;)

Cheers! B)

I reall you selling a watch that you thought was too big.. last year.. and to all of us it looked fine .. and we all told you as much... IMO the 44's on up are made to wear big... the lugs don't need to be inside your wrist..

glad you came to see that MP.. B)

Good luck.

IMG_2844.jpg

This pic and strap modification is mine, and I can say it is very comfortable and looks great. But as you can see this is a SOSF. The skyland is more comportable to wear than the SOSF because the reasons you mentioned, so I don't think you need a large wrist to feel comfortable with the skyland (from my experience), although it is quite a heavy weight.