When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Top RWG Member Quotes

Toadtorrent

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't remeber the source of this one but this is one of the craziest replies I've ever seen

Because I know Muai Tai, Brazillian Ju Jitzu, and a little thing I like to call "i nailed your mom". I'm so bad ass, there isn't one little kid in any of my karate classes that even wants to spar with me cause i UNLEASH THE FURY! Yeah I've got a small penis and nobody likes me, but I drive a porsche worth more than your LIFE so f**k you! Like the other day, I was walking down the street and this little old lady told me she liked my watch, so I said, "What f**k you! It's not fake!" So I went into karate mode and SCISSOR KICKED HER IN THE FACE! *WHAM BAM* Then I pulled her up by her hair but her wig came off, turns out she was bald! *GROSS* [censored]ing old people. Then I picked her up by the ears and kneed her in the face muai tai style! *BLADOW* And I was like "That's what you get for walking so slow b**ch! AND THERE'S NO WAY YOU COULD KNOW MY WATCH IS FAKE, CAUSE IT'S NOT, IT'S A MODDED MBW SUPER DUPER ULTIMATE SUB, AND IT'S REAL! REAL I SAY! IT USES THE SAME MOVEMENT MOST REAL WATCHES DO ANYWAY, IT'S SWISS ETA, IT'S A DIVISION OF SWATCH, PLUS I BOUGHT IT FOR A GOOD VALUE, NOT CAUSE I CAN'T AFFORD A REAL ONE CAUSE I SPENT ALL MY MONEY ON KARATE CLASSES, SO f**k YOU! OH, AND I DRIVE A PORSCHE WORTH MORE THAN YOUR GRANDCHILDREN!" *KAZAAM* Yeah, I showed her what's what. That's the last time she'll be calling me out on my watch. But I gtg, I'm late for yoga class WHERE I PICK UP CHICKS LIKE YOUR MOM! AMERICA!!! f**k YEAH!!!

Thin red lines on plastic? Ensures that the watch hasn't been opened.
But that original innocent question by a noob (the whole original question was also "should I remove it or does that take away from authenticity") sparked the legendary TRL thread that immediately led to the inside joke abbreviation/acronym perplexing noobies everafter as to what "TRL" stood for. :confused: We all took glee in perpetuating the torturing of noobs with it. It took pages before the noob ever got his answer in the thread and by then he was so confused I don't think he ever came back. "And now you know the rest of the story".........Paul Harvey

P.S. You can still buy TRL's on eBay HERE but make sure they are authentic! :whistling:

This one came from a certain unnamed member who was insisting that the DG4813 in the BR01 was in fact an ETA clone ;)

I must say this quote is hilarious in this context. Like in the list format and everything:

... You can input all these in the thread. I dont want to reply in the thread because of 2 things:

1. I HATE PUGWASH

just makes it funnier I'm not sure why </ramble>

EDIT: and for the record I quoted the andreww post from page 2 so people knew I wasn't just saying it again I'm just commenting on that quote haha

Edited by spider87

But that original innocent question by a noob (the whole original question was also "should I remove it or does that take away from authenticity") sparked the legendary TRL thread that immediately led to the inside joke abbreviation/acronym perplexing noobies everafter as to what "TRL" stood for. :confused: We all took glee in perpetuating the torturing of noobs with it. It took pages before the noob ever got his answer in the thread and by then he was so confused I don't think he ever came back. "And now you know the rest of the story".........Paul Harvey

P.S. You can still buy TRL's on eBay HERE but make sure they are authentic! :whistling:

Haha excellent stuff!!

Haha excellent stuff!!

I had a friend with a gen GMT Master II who bought a protective cover for his hologram from Rolex...only to find out shortly afterwards, that the hologram sticker started coming off. He had no idea the hologram on the back was just a sticker.

I told him most people with reps leave it on as they think it makes it seem more gen, whereas most gen owners take it off as they know it's gen and don't need a simple sticker to state that for them.

You wouldn't believe the amount of noob pm's I got (prior to the note I put into my signature). There were some classics quotes for sure. I wish I had saved some of the funniest pm's.

95% of our noobs are amazing... very willing to do their homework and contribute. But the rest... very typical (and the most frustrating) PM conversations were like that I explained to a noob XXX why he must buy that particular Sub from the particular dealer. I mean, how can you make it any simpler than that... you point the noob to the dealers' sales page, give him THE DIRECT LINK TO THE WATCH and tell him that don't even consider any other versions, buy this best one from this best dealer.

Then the guy thanks me (if that) and next day he pops up again "Hey, what do you think about Joshua's Sub?" (of course there is no description of this "Sub", no link to the actual sales page or even pictures)... or even any reasoning behind his "comeback". "Joshuas Sub" or "Eddie's Sub". Oh yeah they all have their own Subs that they build in their own little basements. And hey, didn't I tell this guy just yesterday what to do!!??

These guys are amazing... they might even come up with some off-site dealer (usually a scam site from Kenya or Indochina) and ask me about the Sub that looks exactly like gen. WOW HOLY REFRIGERATOR BATMAN, YOU FOUND THE HOLY GRAIL!

I just got fed up. I ignore them all now. I'd love to help but some people are just so dumb that it must hurt in the head. They come to the place that has all watch information in the world, and utterly refuse to use it. I can only imagine what our dealers have to go through... so it's no wonder they're a bit "cranky" at times. :D

You wouldn't believe the amount of noob pm's I got (prior to the note I put into my signature). There were some classics quotes for sure. I wish I had saved some of the funniest pm's.

95% of our noobs are amazing... very willing to do their homework and contribute. But the rest... very typical (and the most frustrating) PM conversations were like that I explained to a noob XXX why he must buy that particular Sub from the particular dealer. I mean, how can you make it any simpler than that... you point the noob to the dealers' sales page, give him THE DIRECT LINK TO THE WATCH and tell him that don't even consider any other versions, buy this best one from this best dealer.

Then the guy thanks me (if that) and next day he pops up again "Hey, what do you think about Joshua's Sub?" (of course there is no description of this "Sub", no link to the actual sales page or even pictures)... or even any reasoning behind his "comeback". "Joshuas Sub" or "Eddie's Sub". Oh yeah they all have their own Subs that they build in their own little basements. And hey, didn't I tell this guy just yesterday what to do!!??

These guys are amazing... they might even come up with some off-site dealer (usually a scam site from Kenya or Indochina) and ask me about the Sub that looks exactly like gen. WOW HOLY REFRIGERATOR BATMAN, YOU FOUND THE HOLY GRAIL!

I just got fed up. I ignore them all now. I'd love to help but some people are just so dumb that it must hurt in the head. They come to the place that has all watch information in the world, and utterly refuse to use it. I can only imagine what our dealers have to go through... so it's no wonder they're a bit "cranky" at times. :D

This makes me feel bad as I believe at some point I did that to you.. lol

This makes me feel bad as I believe at some point I did that to you.. lol

No I don't think so.

Generally, I don't mind advicing people at all (if they have done even some basic homework). I think your pm's were perfectly reasonable.

I just got fed up.

Just before the old board folded up, Dave123 suggested a noob contact me about a 16613. The PM's went 'round and 'round, and 'round. I basically just referred him to Joshua because that's the only hands on experience I had with that model. Then came the 'Yeah, but, Yeah buts.......'. I logged on drunk one night to more PM's and just asked him for his home address. I mailed him my 16613 free of charge. Not because he was a pain, he wasn't, he was cool, but because it was just easier. And I was drunk.

Weeks went by. I PMed, "So, did you get the watch, or..............what?"

Him; "Yes".

lol

I mailed him my 16613 free of charge. Not because he was a pain, he wasn't, he was cool, but because it was just easier. And I was drunk.

:tu:

That was probably the old and ancient 16613 that I got so excited about (when I was a noob)? Oh man, those were the days (and reps). :D

Just before the old board folded up, Dave123 suggested a noob contact me about a 16613. The PM's went 'round and 'round, and 'round. I basically just referred him to Joshua because that's the only hands on experience I had with that model. Then came the 'Yeah, but, Yeah buts.......'. I logged on drunk one night to more PM's and just asked him for his home address. I mailed him my 16613 free of charge. Not because he was a pain, he wasn't, he was cool, but because it was just easier. And I was drunk.

Him; "Yes".

lol

Classic...

The thanks ya get :fishing1:

That was probably the old and ancient 16613 that I got so excited about (when I was a noob)? Oh man, those were the days (and reps). :D

The one and only :D . That watch were only precious for, as you put it; the 'era' it represented. That version would be laughed at today. Oh well. They come, they go. The watches and the noobs....................

The one and only :D . That watch were only precious for, as you put it; the 'era' it represented. That version would be laughed at today. Oh well. They come, they go. The watches and the noobs....................

Hey Dems, in many ways it was more fascinating too. Most of the Rolex reps were so bad, we had to send them to shady characters like RedBigJoe who changed some "genuine" Chinese parts here and there... charged $500, then blew the dust off the dial for $100... and then the whole crowd was yelling pleasantries. "Oh that looks exactly like the gen!". Good friends, good liars too.

I remember sending him a PM about a GMT insert. Joe said it was "highly handcrafted Swiss insert". Later I found those same inserts (with crooked numbers) from German Ebay for $7. Live and learn, that's what this hobby has always been.

And man those reps were God-Awful. I found some old pictures of my Chinese Sub just lately. Yet we polished the turds, modded them and loved 'em. Now you can buy a WM9 and it's 98% perfect otb... where's the fun in that?

But then again... would I turn the rep clock (no pun) back 5 years? Hell no!!!! :D

No I don't think so.

Generally, I don't mind advicing people at all (if they have done even some basic homework). I think your pm's were perfectly reasonable.

Thank you. :-)

@Dems, I PMed you.... had some questions about a watch... haha

Hey Dems, in many ways it was more fascinating too. Most of the Rolex reps were so bad, we had to send them to shady characters like RedBigJoe who changed some "genuine" Chinese parts here and there... charged $500, then blew the dust off the dial for $100... and then the whole crowd was yelling pleasantries. "Oh that looks exactly like the gen!". Good friends, good liars too.

I remember sending him a PM about a GMT insert. Joe said it was "highly handcrafted Swiss insert". Later I found those same inserts (with crooked numbers) from German Ebay for $7. Live and learn, that's what this hobby has always been.

And man those reps were God-Awful. I found some old pictures of my Chinese Sub just lately. Yet we polished the turds, modded them and loved 'em. Now you can buy a WM9 and it's 98% perfect otb... where's the fun in that?

But then again... would I turn the rep clock (no pun) back 5 years? Hell no!!!! :D

men like Joe will never go away, the dealers have cottoned onto this.. ' more jewels, new improved, made from 1.1 same as genuine' and do you know what....... Us suckers are still falling for it..

lol @ " Yet we polished the turds, modded them and loved 'em. " - Too true. :D

Him; "Yes".

lol

I've done that 4 times now on these forums Dems,same responce,none till i ask :rolleyes:

I would love to put up some of my fave. Dems quotes,but each one would take up a page or so... :p

Edited by Dave123